An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lady Gaga Fame Monster!

picchick

• 2 weeks later...
ThePenciledOne

I was recently talking to a friend of mine about the video for Lady Gaga's song Bad Romance, and she actually made the connection that there is some actual Satanic imagery in it. Thinking back to it, I could not even finish the video, and now I know why I didn't.

The only real song I like from her is Just Dance.

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='19 December 2009 - 02:03 PM' timestamp='1261253017' post='2023154']
I was recently talking to a friend of mine about the video for Lady Gaga's song Bad Romance, and she actually made the connection that there is some actual Satanic imagery in it. Thinking back to it, I could not even finish the video, and now I know why I didn't.

The only real song I like from her is Just Dance.
[/quote]
Satanic? Which parts?

As soon as people start saying "hidden Satanic imagery" my mind throws red flags out and yells "conspiracy theorist".

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='19 December 2009 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1261269032' post='2023257']
Satanic? Which parts?

As soon as people start saying "hidden Satanic imagery" my mind throws red flags out and yells "conspiracy theorist".
[/quote]

This is what she had said to me, not from me since I don't even remember the video that well.

She said, from the goat heads, to the various stances she seems to take. And there is a part where she tries to make the sign of the cross, but instead makes a triangle. And something about Lady wearing a cross over her crotch.

Just the things she saw.

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='19 December 2009 - 08:49 PM' timestamp='1261277353' post='2023303']
This is what she had said to me, not from me since I don't even remember the video that well.

She said, from the goat heads, to the various stances she seems to take. And there is a part where she tries to make the sign of the cross, but instead makes a triangle. And something about Lady wearing a cross over her crotch.

Just the things she saw.
[/quote]
Sounds mighty fishy to me....... in my opinion. I've watched the video once or twice, although I guess I wasn't actually looking for any of that.

Hm... I'm reading some articles now. I see where they're coming from. Not sure I buy into it though; it really has that feeling of paranoid conspiracy theories.

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='20 December 2009 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1261281603' post='2023332']
Hm... I'm reading some articles now. I see where they're coming from. Not sure I buy into it though; it really has that feeling of paranoid conspiracy theories.
[/quote]

Well, hey I am not saying that its true or not, but it is something to think about.

And really to each his own, though after hearing about this and considering the feelings I was getting from watching the video, I am going to tread more carefully.

No offense to anyone but sometimes the way people view the world is through one lens instead of many. If you saw an interview with Ellen (and yes, I know everything that is going to come from this post), you will find that Lady Gaga is into Sci-Movies and that is where her inspiration came from for this video.

As far as the sign of the cross...I think she did better than most Catholics I see do the sign of the cross. Does that make most Catholics I see Satanic? Probably not. Does that mean she should have done it? No. But it is not a sign pointing towards Satan.

I just recently saw the video and thought that it was pretty crazy. I don't really watch her videos though. I like her music though.

[quote name='picchick' date='20 December 2009 - 07:15 AM' timestamp='1261314931' post='2023414']
No offense to anyone but sometimes the way people view the world is through one lens instead of many. If you saw an interview with Ellen (and yes, I know everything that is going to come from this post), you will find that Lady Gaga is into Sci-Movies and that is where her inspiration came from for this video.

As far as the sign of the cross...I think she did better than most Catholics I see do the sign of the cross. Does that make most Catholics I see Satanic? Probably not. Does that mean she should have done it? No. But it is not a sign pointing towards Satan.

I just recently saw the video and thought that it was pretty crazy. I don't really watch her videos though. I like her music though.
[/quote]
If you're interested in seeing the side of it we were discussing, you should Google "Lady Gaga Satanic". There are about three articles by a website called vigilantcitizen.com....... which definitely is the conspiracy theory type... but it was interesting nonetheless. :)

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='20 December 2009 - 01:00 PM' timestamp='1261332027' post='2023471']
Lady Gaga dresses in a very oddly.
[/quote]

HEAR YE HEAR YE! Rexi made a grammatical error. That phrase is not a complete sentence. Thank you.