An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lady Gaga Fame Monster!

picchick

Looks like he meant to write "in a very odd fashion," then decided to change it to "very oddly," then forgot to take out the "in a." That's not really a grammar issue.

~Sternhauser

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='20 December 2009 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1261344180' post='2023565']
Looks like he meant to write "in a very odd fashion," then decided to change it to "very oddly," then forgot to take out the "in a." That's not really a grammar issue.

~Sternhauser
[/quote]
Only an anarchist can look at a sentence fragment and say it wasn't a grammar issue. ;)

:topsy:

[quote name='Moosey' date='20 December 2009 - 04:17 PM' timestamp='1261347458' post='2023649']
Lady Gaga scares me :pinch:
[/quote]
Does she intimidate you with her carefree clothing-optional devil-may-care attitude? :mellow:

Marie-Therese

OK, so I admit this thread piqued my interest.

I preface by saying that I don't watch music videos, or at least I haven't watched any in quite a few years. I am also a little confused by Lady Gaga, but Poker Face is a pretty catchy dang song. So I went to watch the videos, to see what was happening.

Um...interesting.

First, I was surprised at how young she was, and if you strip off the 24 pounds of eyeliner and put the girl in a nice pair of pants, she's very pretty. Her singing voice isn't anything particularly monumental, but it's nice. Her music is more club than I care for, but the beats are catchy.

Second, breast-mounted flamethrower = what?

Third, I think the sign of the cross was more a bit of the whole "rebel without a cause" syndrome. I read that she was raised and educated as a Catholic. I saw a lot of similarity between that and the old Madonna stuff from the 80s which was meant more to be provocative and less about necessarily being a religious statement.

Last, I saw the "Eh Eh" video and was pleasantly surprised. Nice song, pretty cool video, interesting 50s homage.

She's an interesting girl, and definitely marches to the beat of her own drummer. Not necessarily always my cuppa, but I have a different perspective on her than I did before. Now, if she'll just address that whole pants issue...LOL

As an interesting aside, there are rumours that she's actually pretty plain and not all that attractive without all that makeup.

Of course there are also rumours that she's either a man or a hermaphrodite, so I don't exactly trust what I hear.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='20 December 2009 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1261348935' post='2023678']
Does she intimidate you with her carefree clothing-optional devil-may-care attitude? :mellow:
[/quote]
Yeah, totally. I hope someday I have the confidence to walk around in public without any pants on :rolleyes:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='20 December 2009 - 07:56 PM' timestamp='1261353391' post='2023737']
As an interesting aside, there are rumours that she's actually pretty plain and not all that attractive without all that makeup.

Of course there are also rumours that she's either a man or a hermaphrodite, so I don't exactly trust what I hear.
[/quote]
People say that about me sometimes :P

jk :smokey:

JMJ

Ok so I was bored at work and read a People mag. - She was Catholic (Well, according to the pictures, she had her 1st Holy Communion) and was taught by religious sisters in New York.

And ACTUALLY, she looked very beautiful in her average teen days.

[quote name='Moosey' date='20 December 2009 - 05:17 PM' timestamp='1261347458' post='2023649']
Lady Gaga scares me :pinch:
[/quote]
I concur!

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='20 December 2009 - 05:42 PM' timestamp='1261348935' post='2023678']
[/quote]
Lawl! I'm sure that intimidates everyone! Just in different ways :pinch:

[quote name='Moosey' date='20 December 2009 - 07:27 PM' timestamp='1261355232' post='2023751']
Yeah, totally. I hope someday I have the confidence to walk around in public without any pants on :rolleyes:

[/quote]
Lawl. That takes confidence? More like bravado.