An Old School Catholic Message Board

Under The Islamic Veil: Faces Disfigured By Acid

HisChildForever

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' date='28 November 2009 - 02:16 AM' timestamp='1259392583' post='2010577']
I answered your question more than sufficiently in the other thread.
[/quote]

Please offer the link(s) to the particular post(s).

HisChildForever

[quote name='Hassan' date='28 November 2009 - 02:16 AM' timestamp='1259392583' post='2010577']
I answered your question more than sufficiently in the other thread. Your stunning inability to grasp my point was truly a sight to behold. I offered to continue discussing it with you and you refused.

Go back, reread the thread if you want to know my opinion or the actual extent of our historical knowledge regarding Muhammad's relationship with Aisha' [/quote]

I remember the whole incident very well. In fact, the thread was closed because you were disturbing everyone - including the moderator who closed the thread - with your inability to criticize Muhammad.

[quote] I've tried addressing content with you. Time and time again you fail to demonstrate even a basic ability to understand nuance in argument. You just seem to be able to think in clumsy dichotomies. Reading your charged claims and confusedly formed questions it's pretty clear that you lack even a rudimentary understanding of Islamic thought or history. Given your difficulty in parsing out complex issues and lack of and substantive knowledge base in the subject I don't see any point wasting my time. I've given your ample sources for further reading and many very comprehensive answers. In each and every case I clearly waste my time. A reasonable, intelligent person could certainly challenge my positions. But you don't raise reasoned responses to these answers; you just tend to miss the point time after time after time again.
[/quote]

Once again, you immediately ignore the content of my posts - and those of Knight's, for that matter - and insult my character and my intelligence. This is pure dishonesty and, to be blunt, rude behavior.

I must have really struck a nerve when I insulted Muhammad, huh?

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='28 November 2009 - 02:20 AM' timestamp='1259392816' post='2010580']
I remember the whole incident very well. In fact, the thread was closed because you were disturbing everyone - including the moderator who closed the thread - with your inability to criticize Muhammad.[/QUOTE]

C Mother was not justified in closing the thread.

[QUOTE]Once again, you immediately ignore the content of my posts - and those of Knight's, for that matter - and insult my character and my intelligence. This is pure dishonesty and, to be blunt, rude behavior.[/QUOTE]

There isn't any substantive content for me to address. Make a reasoned point and I'll be happy to talk with you. My response didn't come out of any desire to be rude. It was my absolutely honest opinion. If you don't like it I'm sorry. Start studying logic and Islamic history/thought and perhaps this will not apply so well.

[QUOTE]I must have really struck a nerve when I insulted Muhammad, huh?
[/quote]

I just came back from drinking Tequila. I'm in a pretty beaver dam good mood. You can insult Muhammad all you want and it really won't bother me. I found your ignorance and blind vitriol frustrating and exasperating in the past, but lately, and particularly now, it really couldn't bother me less.
Go study Winchester. He insults Muhammad all the time. The difference between the two of you is that is he has a keen wit that renders even the most hyperbolic claims clever and amusing. I’m especially fond of the one when he claimed that Muhammad was a fool and a masochist. He supported this by asking how else he could allow four wives but no alcohol.

Edited by Hassan

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='27 November 2009 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1259392816' post='2010580']
Onceagain, you immediately ignore the content of my posts - and those ofKnight's, for that matter - and insult my character and myintelligence. This is pure dishonesty and, to be blunt, rude behavior.

I must have really struck a nerve when I insulted Muhammad, huh?
[/quote]

Must have really struck a nerve when your posts were intelligently rebutted, i fail to see any actual call and response here.

the rest of it HCF, is the pot calling the kettle black. those posts you dont ignore, you change the subject or talk over as if your attention span gave out after the first couple sentences. and character attacks and intelligence questioning? you certainly like to do that too.

Edited by Jesus_lol

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='28 November 2009 - 02:19 AM' timestamp='1259392782' post='2010579']
[/quote]

No. I'm not emotionally involved anought at the moment to do that one. You're wlecome to go read it. It's on the thread about Aisha.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' date='28 November 2009 - 02:32 AM' timestamp='1259393523' post='2010586']
No. I'm not emotionally involved anought at the moment to do that one. You're wlecome to go read it. It's on the thread about Aisha.
[/quote]

I have no reason to take your word or do the work for you. Last time you claimed to have overwhelming evidence, that evidence was non-existent.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Hassan' date='28 November 2009 - 02:29 AM' timestamp='1259393364' post='2010584']
C Mother was not justified in closing the thread. [/quote]

Oh man, that was the most hysterical thing I've read all day. Thanks for the laughs!

[quote] There isn't any substantive content for me to address. Make a reasoned point and I'll be happy to talk with you. My response didn't come out of any desire to be rude. It was my absolutely honest opinion. If you don't like it I'm sorry. Start studying logic and Islamic history/thought and perhaps this will not apply so well. [/quote]

Muhammad was a pedophile. That sounds reasonable, since it is historical fact. I also made a comment that since Muhammad is foundational to Islam. His immorality severely discredits Islam. Instead of acknowledging this, you go off on me and insult my intelligence. You are clearly unwilling to criticize Islam, and because of this you chose instead to criticize my character. It is appalling, really.

[quote] I just came back from drinking Tequila. I'm in a pretty beaver dam good mood. You can insult Muhammad all you want and it really won't bother me. [/quote]

Really? Because it really set you off.

[quote] I found your ignorance and blind vitriol frustrating and exasperating in the past, but lately, and particularly now, it really couldn't bother me less.
[/quote]

Really now. So you just spent the last few minutes going back-and-forth with me, insulting my intelligence, because "it really couldn't bother me less." So convincing.

I am going to bed.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='28 November 2009 - 02:33 AM' timestamp='1259393635' post='2010587']
I have no reason to take your word or do the work for you. Last time you claimed to have overwhelming evidence, that evidence was non-existent.
[/quote]

Dude. Follow me here. I couldn't care less about who you feel who wins an internet argument or where the burden of proof falls for whom. Perhaps tomorrow I will but at the moment I really, truly don't. If you want to understand my position you can find it. If you don't I genuinely couldn't care less.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' date='28 November 2009 - 02:38 AM' timestamp='1259393925' post='2010590']
Dude. Follow me here. I couldn't care less about who you feel who wins an internet argument or where the burden of proof falls for whom. Perhaps tomorrow I will but at the moment I really, truly don't. If you want to understand my position you can find it. If you don't I genuinely couldn't care less.
[/quote]

Then all your input thus far is completely void and pointless.

HisChildForever

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='28 November 2009 - 02:19 AM' timestamp='1259392782' post='2010579']
[/quote]

I have a few words of advice for you.

Don't. Hold. Your. Breath.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='28 November 2009 - 02:33 AM' timestamp='1259393635' post='2010587']
[/quote]

He always claims that "I explained everything to you already" and "We covered this some time ago in another thread" - but when you ask him for the link? He either claims he's too tired, or claims you're too lazy, or claims you're not intelligent enough and he's sick of repeating himself.

Good. Riddance.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='28 November 2009 - 02:38 AM' timestamp='1259393912' post='2010589']
Oh man, that was the most hysterical thing I've read all day. Thanks for the laughs![/QUOTE]

HOLLA!

[QUOTE]
Muhammad was a pedophile. That sounds reasonable, since it is historical fact. I also made a comment that since Muhammad is foundational to Islam. His immorality severely discredits Islam. Instead of acknowledging this, you go off on me and insult my intelligence.[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry if you found my assessment of your base of knowledge in this area and ability to parse out complex issues upsetting. It didn't come out of vitriol. I just tend to be more straightforward in my speech when I've been drinking.

[QUOTE]You are clearly unwilling to criticize Islam, and because of this you chose instead to criticize my character. It is appalling, really.[/QUOTE]

Do you have some sort of chronic memory problems? I've demonstrated my willingness to criticize Islam pretty clearly in the Imam thread. If Apo or you every get around to responding to those criticisms we can go into even more. I've got plenty.

[QUOTE]Really? Because it really set you off.[/QUOTE]

In your quest to become a great psychologist you may want to look up a phenomena known as projection.

[QUOTE]Really now. So you just spent the last few minutes going back-and-forth with me, insulting my intelligence, because "it really couldn't bother me less." So convincing.[/QUOTE]

I'm bored. Its thanksgiving break and my friends have dispersed across the country and globe. This is a good way to waste time to procrastinate on some papers I ought to be working on. I’m also taking the opportunity to be honest as tomorrow I’ll probably be more concerned with how others here view me and the possibility of receiving a warning.

[QUOTE]I am going to bed.
[/quote]

May sweet dreams come true.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='28 November 2009 - 02:40 AM' timestamp='1259394014' post='2010591']
Then all your input thus far is completely void and pointless.
[/quote]

: (

[i]I think that depends on whether or not Aisha had reached puberty. For him to actually be a pedophile I think he would also need to have a history of needing the individual to be pre prepubescent. Whether or not Aisha had reached puberty yet is disputed, with his defenders saying she had and his detractors saying she had not. If Muhammad was a pedophile I think is a weak argument given he remained devoted to her throughout her life and his attraction to her seemed to be irrelivant to her age and the ages of his other wives. I believe most of his wives were actually fairly older.

If Muhammad had some sort of habit of only marying young girls I would consider that a fair charge, given the cultural and political dimensions of his marriage to her (firming up his relationship between him and her father Abu Bakr), the independence of his affection to her to her age, and the ages of his other wives I don't think it is fair.

It is a nice flashpoint given contemporary norms, however it is somewhat rude. [/i]

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=90845&hl=Aisha&st=20