An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can We Eat Meat (Eid Al-Adha)?

CatholicWing

HisChildForever

I would never eat meat slaughtered for the glory of Allah. To eat this meat is to acknowledge Allah and Islam as truth.

I'm with Apo & HSF, I would not eat meat sacrificed to Allah. Ecumenism is about drawing non-Catholic people into the ultimate truth of the bloodless Sacrifice of the Holy Mass. Why obfuscate this reality?

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='27 November 2009 - 07:53 PM' timestamp='1259365986' post='2010399']
The Muslims do not worship Satan. Lies and slander do not help our stance. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Then please tell me who guides their murdering of innocents? There hearts and minds closed to all but themselves? Where Christians are beaten and brutalized by this "faith" as well as enslaved. A "faith" that denies Christ as the messiah and as a prophet gone wrong thus why "mohamed" had to come some 600 years later to correct Christ and that Christ was never crucified. Sounds like satan to me. Especially seeing his handy work on 9/11 first hand.

There is no evidence that these people are not satan's army, them and the godless work against us each day in every way.

islam, muslims do the devils bidding, from raping Nuns on Altars during the beginnings of their crusades which til this day continue.

Mohammed is just arabic for satan.

HisChildForever

[quote name='StMichael' date='27 November 2009 - 07:17 PM' timestamp='1259367431' post='2010410']
Then please tell me who guides their murdering of innocents? There hearts and minds closed to all but themselves? Where Christians are beaten and brutalized by this "faith" as well as enslaved. A "faith" that denies Christ as the messiah and as a prophet gone wrong thus why "mohamed" had to come some 600 years later to correct Christ and that Christ was never crucified. Sounds like satan to me. Especially seeing his handy work on 9/11 first hand.

There is no evidence that these people are not satan's army, them and the godless work against us each day in every way.

islam, muslims do the devils bidding, from raping Nuns on Altars during the beginnings of their crusades which til this day continue.

[/quote]

You should really go read my thread in Debate Table, "Under the Islamic Veil."

NYC, nice. I'm just across the river from you, friend.

[quote name='StMichael' date='27 November 2009 - 07:17 PM' timestamp='1259367431' post='2010410']

[/quote]

While I will agree that Mohammedism is more fallen than simply a broken attempt at monotheism, I would also refrain from citing historical immoralities or current tragedies as evidence. Criticize them on their flawed theology and denial of Christ. Similar historical criticisms can be made of the Catholic Church herself. In fact, similar historical testimony has been reported about Catholic crusaders raping people on altars in Constantinople. History is mostly guessing and the rest is prejudice (to quote Will Durant).

I get some more information about this topic by on of priest. I would like to share with you.

During the period of the New Testament writings, there were Christians who did not know how far the rules were relaxed with regard to eating animals sacrificed.
In the book of Acts, Saint James makes public the findings of what we now call the Council of Jerusalem. Among other things, he stated that Christians ought to avoid eating the meat of strangled animals and those sacrificed to idols. Other than that, the Church declared all kinds of foods to be ritually clean and able to be eaten.

It is the decision of the holy Spirit and of us not to place on you any burden beyond these necessities, namely, to abstain from meat sacrificed to idols, from blood, from meats of strangled animals, and from unlawful marriage. If you keep free of these, you will be doing what is right. Farewell (Acts 15:28-29).

It was a common custom in those days, that the meat of the animals sacrificed in the pagan temples would be sold in the marketplace. Saint Paul had to address whether or not Christians could eat such things or not. Some people were concerned because at least the Jewish custom was that if you ate the flesh of a sacrificed animal, you shared in the sacrifice and any covenant that sacrifice established. (For that reason, the Israelites in the Book of Exodus had to eat the Passover Supper or they would be cut off from the People). In the same way, as Catholics, we share in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist, to be fully participating in the Covenant established by the sacrifice. At the time of Saint Paul, some people said that since the animals were sacrificed to a no-god, there was no covenant established and therefore they could buy the meat and eat it. The false god did not exist, so they did not worry about it. Saint Paul responded that indeed the false gods were nothing. And the meat was just meat- it represented nothing, so it was nothing to worry about. At the same time Saint Paul warned the people that if others had tender or weak or immature faith and would be scandalized by someone buying or eating the meat sacrificed to an idol, then no one should do that. Otherwise, you could lead a young or weak person into sin (see 1 Corinthians 8:4-13).

Now I have heard of EID and the sacrifice of animals, but I am unfamiliar with the practice and have never witnessed it. It is probably not considered "meat sacrificed to idols" since I do not believe that there are any idols involved. But I am not familiar with why the animals are sacrificed to begin with. To whom are they sacrificed? For what purpose? I do not know. On the one hand, if your family is hungry and eating the meat is not viewed as sharing in the sacrifice, then in my opinion you could probably go along and eat it (following Saint Paul). On the other hand, if eating the meat is seen as participating in some way with the sacrifice, then you would be better avoiding it, so as not to give scandal to others.

[quote name='Veridicus' date='27 November 2009 - 07:27 PM' timestamp='1259368055' post='2010413']
While I will agree that Mohammedism is more fallen than simply a broken attempt at monotheism, I would also refrain from citing historical immoralities or current tragedies as evidence. Criticize them on their flawed theology and denial of Christ. Similar historical criticisms can be made of the Catholic Church herself. In fact, similar historical testimony has been reported about Catholic crusaders raping people on altars in Constantinople. History is mostly guessing and the rest is prejudice (to quote Will Durant).
[/quote]
A hearty +1.

[quote name='Veridicus' date='27 November 2009 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1259368055' post='2010413']
[/quote]
Certainly, many Christians have committed terrible atrocities throughout history, just as Muslims have, but there is a difference, because when Christians have committed immoral acts of violence, it is a failing, for in acting in that manner they have performed deeds that are clearly contrary to the teaching of Christ; while in the case of Muslims the one who performs acts of violence is being faithful to the teaching of Mohammad.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='28 November 2009 - 03:01 PM' timestamp='1259438503' post='2010729']
Certainly, many Christians have committed terrible atrocities throughout history, just as Muslims have, but there is a difference, because when Christians have committed immoral acts of violence, it is a failing, for in acting in that manner they have performed deeds that are clearly contrary to the teaching of Christ; while in the case of Muslims the one who performs acts of violence is being faithful to the teaching of Mohammad.
[/quote]

+1

[quote name='StMichael' date='27 November 2009 - 06:50 PM' timestamp='1259365855' post='2010398']
We need a Vatican III to fix the problems from Vatican II. I abstain from eating meat on Friday's as the Vatican II does not state you should eat meat but can.

As for sharing the same God as the satanic muslims, I think not. Because they claim Abraham, does equate to the same God or the execution of His teachings. I believe in God the father, not Allah the murderer.
[/quote]

There are no problems that need to be fixed from Vatican II.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='29 November 2009 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1259532502' post='2011378']
There are no problems that need to be fixed from Vatican II.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say there is such unanimous sentiments among the clergy, much less amongst the faithful.

[quote name='Veridicus' date='29 November 2009 - 05:23 PM' timestamp='1259533433' post='2011396']
I wouldn't say there is such unanimous sentiments among the clergy, much less amongst the faithful.
[/quote]

Its the sentiment of the magisterium that counts.

Protestants vote, we don't.

There were no problems created by Vatican II

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='29 November 2009 - 06:01 PM' timestamp='1259535663' post='2011432']
:yes: There were problems created by people that decided to reinterpret Vatican II according to their own personal agendas.
[/quote]

ceeerrect!!