An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can We Eat Meat (Eid Al-Adha)?

CatholicWing

[quote name='hot stuff' date='29 November 2009 - 06:05 PM' timestamp='1259535922' post='2011440']
ceeerrect!!
[/quote]

Some of the Vat2 stuff that I've read (I purchased the Flannery Set a while back) seem so vague as to lend themselves to misinterpretation or as Apotheon has pointed out speak of things that lie outside the Magesterium's capacity to speak authoritatively. I'm not saying I doubt the validity of the council or anything, but definitely the implementation and the concision and clarity of some of the documents. Further councils and documents may rephrase or clarify some of this stuff...anyway...off topic...back to eating the meat offered to gods of other religions...I thought we handled this in Acts 15...

[quote name='Veridicus' date='29 November 2009 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1259545061' post='2011569']
Some of the Vat2 stuff that I've read (I purchased the Flannery Set a while back) seem so vague as to lend themselves to misinterpretation or as Apotheon has pointed out speak of things that lie outside the Magesterium's capacity to speak authoritatively. I'm not saying I doubt the validity of the council or anything, but definitely the implementation and the concision and clarity of some of the documents. Further councils and documents may rephrase or clarify some of this stuff...anyway...off topic...back to eating the meat offered to gods of other religions...I thought we handled this in Acts 15...
[/quote]

Well its true that some can be misinterpreted. However if Apo is speaking about Lumen Gentium as being outside of the Magisterium's ability to speak with authority, he's in error. Lumen Gentium is an encyclical that is held infallibly by the Church.

[quote][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#663300"]DOGMATIC CONSTITUTION ON THE CHURCH
[b][i][size="+1"]LUMENGENTIUM[/size][/i][/b][/color][/size][/font][/quote]

You get that its infallible by the use of the word "Dogmatic" in the title