An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is Oral Catholic Tradition Solid?

todd_vetter33

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='04 December 2009 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1259987997' post='2014718']
I claim the Catholic and Christian churches misrepresent God. If your not humble enought to test the evendence then you make the grave you lie in.

God Bless
[/quote]

OK, there's the point we wanted out of the 5000 word plus DUMP you made in the forum.

Again, what is your purpose of coming on a Catholic "phorum" with views like that?

[quote name='Drew-Memphis' date='04 December 2009 - 10:42 PM' timestamp='1259988162' post='2014726']
OK, there's the point we wanted out of the 5000 word plus DUMP you made in the forum.

Again, what is your purpose of coming on a Catholic "phorum" with views like that?
[/quote]

He's trying to share his religious views. I applaud his dedication, even if I find it misguided. He is obviously passionate about what he believes and is willing to take the time to spread what he considers and important truth. I wish more Catholics cared as much as he seems to.

Servus_Mariae

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='04 December 2009 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1259987997' post='2014718']
[s]I claim the Catholic and Christian churches misrepresent God.[/s] If your not humble enought to test the evendence then you make the grave you lie in.

God Bless
[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself. If you do not have the desire or the conviction to summarize and explicate the position asserted in your copy-paste contraption...why are we supposed to be so impressed by it?

Its not a question of evidence being unworthy a gander. 1.) Your source isn't infallible or even credible necessarily nor is mine necessarily. 2.) I have no idea what your point was in the above post 3.) The portions of Catholic teaching is very poorly handled, presented, and addressed. 4.) Give us your point, substantiate it with evidence...succinctly.

[quote name='Veridicus' date='04 December 2009 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1259988283' post='2014730']
He's trying to share his religious views. I applaud his dedication, even if I find it misguided. He is obviously passionate about what he believes and is willing to take the time to spread what he considers and important truth. I wish more Catholics cared as much as he seems to.
[/quote]

I don't doubt he's passionate and believes in his views.

My point was what does he hope to accomplish by copying and pasting a long essay that most of us don't have the time to nor willpower to read.

Points can be made in 500 words or less, just ask my English teacher from high school.

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='04 December 2009 - 11:24 PM' timestamp='1259987098' post='2014699']
Look, it's the same thing I posted the other day.
[size="4"]Very [s]respectfully[/s]repetitively,
[/size][size="4"]Todd M. Vetter[/size]
[/quote]
Fixed it.

[quote name='Winchester' date='04 December 2009 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1259988459' post='2014733']
Fixed it.
[/quote]

Oh, Winchester, your grammar skills amaze me... :prop:

I claim the Catholic and Christian churches misrepresent God. If your not humble enought to test the evendence then you make the grave you lie in.

God Bless
[/quote]
I claim the non-Christian, and specifically non-Catholic Churches/churches misrepresent God. If one is not humble enough to test the evidence, then he makes the grave in which he lies.

todd_vetter33

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='04 December 2009 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1259988832' post='2014741']
I claim the non-Christian, and specifically non-Catholic Churches/churches misrepresent God. If one is not humble enough to test the evidence, then he makes the grave in which he lies.
[/quote]

What then is a protestent to think when Catholic Doctrine (the bible) misrepresents God?

[list][*][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]Is the bible the word of God?[/size][/font][*][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]Is the bible inspired by the Holy Spirit and perfect in every way?[/size][/font][*][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]Can any lie be found in the bible if inspired by the holy spirit who leads to all truth?[/size][/font][*][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]Was Jesus the Passover Lamb in the year that He died?[/size][/font]

[b][url="http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+6:19&version=NKJV"][size="3"][color="#0000ff"]Proverbs 6:19[/color][/size][/url][/b]
[size="3"]A false witnesses who speaks [b]lies[/b], and one who sows [b]discord[/b] among brethren.[/size]

[size="3"][b]dis·cord:[/b] (d s kôrd ) n.[i].[/i] [b]1. a. [/b]Lack of agreement among persons, groups, or things. [b]b. [/b]Tension or strife resulting from a lack of agreement; dissension.[/size][*][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]If a False witness is one who speaks lies and only sows discord, Can they take the Gospel of Jesus to the world?[/size][/font]

[b][url="http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+14:25&version=NKJV"][size="3"][color="#0000ff"]Proverbs 14:25[/color][/size][/url][/b]
[size="3"]A [b]true[/b] witnesses delivers [b]souls[/b], But a deceitful witness speaks lies.[/size][*][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]If a true witness delivers souls then No lie will be found in their testimony. Have you told me any lies while answering the first 4 questions?[/font][/size]
[b][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Leviticus 23 NKJV[/font][/size][/b]

[size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]4'These [i]are[/i] the feasts of the LORD, holy convocations which you shall proclaim at their appointed times. 5 [b][u]On the fourteenth [i]day[/i] of the first month at twilight [i]is[/i] the Lord's Passover.[/u][/b] 6 [b][u]And on the fifteenth day of the same month [i]is[/i] the Feast of Unleavened Bread[/u][/b] to the LORD; seven days you must eat unleavened bread. 7 On the first day you shall have a holy convocation; you shall do no customary work on it. 8 But you shall offer an offering made by fire to the LORD for seven days. The seventh day [i]shall be[/i] a holy convocation; you shall do no customary work [i]on it.[/i]'"[/font][/size]

[b][u][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Exodus 12[/font][/size][/u][/b]

[size="3"][font="Times New Roman"][b]6 Now you shall keep it until the fourteenth day of the same month.[/b] Then the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it at twilight. [/font][/size]

[b][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Does Matthew 26 tell a lie based on the Laws of Moses if Jesus was the passover Lamb?[/font][/size][/b][*][b][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Matthew 26: 17-18 [/font][/size][/b]

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]17 Now [b][u]on the first [i]day of the Feast[/i] of the Unleavened Bread[/u][/b] the disciples came to Jesus, saying to Him, "Where do you want us to prepare for you to eat the Passover?" 18 And He said, "Go into the city to a certain man, and say to him, 'The Teacher says, "My time is at hand; [b][u]I will keep the Passover at your house with My disciples."[/u][/b]'" [/size][/font][*][size="3"] [/size][*][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Why does this bible verse speak two lies?[/font][/size][*][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]If Jesus was alive on the first day of Unleavened bread (15[sup]th[/sup] day) How did He die on the 14[sup]th[/sup] day? [/font][/size][/list]

Edited by todd_vetter33

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='05 December 2009 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1260058572' post='2015116']
What then is a protestent to think when Catholic Doctrine (the bible) misrepresents God?

[/quote]
It doesn't.
[img]http://www.kattywampus.com/mousedrawn/TLDR.gif[/img]

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='05 December 2009 - 03:53 PM' timestamp='1259988832' post='2014741']
[/quote]
Exactly true! Some people sound more like Scribes and Pharisees than Jesus with their views on the denominations/religions of others. :annoyed:

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='05 December 2009 - 07:16 PM' timestamp='1260058572' post='2015116']

[list][*][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]Is the bible the word of God?[/size][/font][*][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]Is the bible inspired by the Holy Spirit and perfect in every way?[/size][/font][*][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]Can any lie be found in the bible if inspired by the holy spirit who leads to all truth?[/size][/font][*][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]Was Jesus the Passover Lamb in the year that He died?[/size][/font]

[b][url="http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+6:19&version=NKJV"][size="3"][color="#0000ff"]Proverbs 6:19[/color][/size][/url][/b]
[size="3"]A false witnesses who speaks [b]lies[/b], and one who sows [b]discord[/b] among brethren.[/size]

[size="3"][b]dis·cord:[/b] (d s kôrd ) n.[i].[/i] [b]1. a. [/b]Lack of agreement among persons, groups, or things. [b]b. [/b]Tension or strife resulting from a lack of agreement; dissension.[/size][*][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]If a False witness is one who speaks lies and only sows discord, Can they take the Gospel of Jesus to the world?[/size][/font]

[b][url="http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+14:25&version=NKJV"][size="3"][color="#0000ff"]Proverbs 14:25[/color][/size][/url][/b]
[size="3"]A [b]true[/b] witnesses delivers [b]souls[/b], But a deceitful witness speaks lies.[/size][*][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]If a true witness delivers souls then No lie will be found in their testimony. Have you told me any lies while answering the first 4 questions?[/font][/size]

[size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]4'These [i]are[/i] the feasts of the LORD, holy convocations which you shall proclaim at their appointed times. 5 [b][u]On the fourteenth [i]day[/i] of the first month at twilight [i]is[/i] the Lord's Passover.[/u][/b] 6 [b][u]And on the fifteenth day of the same month [i]is[/i] the Feast of Unleavened Bread[/u][/b] to the LORD; seven days you must eat unleavened bread. 7 On the first day you shall have a holy convocation; you shall do no customary work on it. 8 But you shall offer an offering made by fire to the LORD for seven days. The seventh day [i]shall be[/i] a holy convocation; you shall do no customary work [i]on it.[/i]'"[/font][/size]

[size="3"][font="Times New Roman"][b]6 Now you shall keep it until the fourteenth day of the same month.[/b] Then the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it at twilight. [/font][/size]

[b][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Does Matthew 26 tell a lie based on the Laws of Moses if Jesus was the passover Lamb?[/font][/size][/b][*][b][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Matthew 26: 17-18 [/font][/size][/b]

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]17 Now [b][u]on the first [i]day of the Feast[/i] of the Unleavened Bread[/u][/b] the disciples came to Jesus, saying to Him, "Where do you want us to prepare for you to eat the Passover?" 18 And He said, "Go into the city to a certain man, and say to him, 'The Teacher says, "My time is at hand; [b][u]I will keep the Passover at your house with My disciples."[/u][/b]'" [/size][/font][*][size="3"] [/size][*][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Why does this bible verse speak two lies?[/font][/size][*][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]If Jesus was alive on the first day of Unleavened bread (15[sup]th[/sup] day) How did He die on the 14[sup]th[/sup] day? [/font][/size][/list]
[/quote]
:bye:

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='05 December 2009 - 08:16 PM' timestamp='1260058572' post='2015116']

[/quote]
Why are you so hung up on dates and numbers? Do you think the Bible is some sort of mystical calendar, or the sacred writers cared about newspaper type accuracy?

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Servus_Mariae' date='06 December 2009 - 04:55 PM' timestamp='1260078910' post='2015252']
still waitin'.
[/quote]
S/he probably doesn't read long posts, s/he probably only posts them. I even wonder if s/he reads his/er own posts?

Edited by Mark of the Cross