Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Knights Of Columbus Third Degree Ceremony


Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='the_rev' date='17 December 2009 - 10:32 AM' timestamp='1261071178' post='2022298']
Mr. Pliny, It seems that you have joined Phatmass to discuss only controversial topics you feel are so and have a personal agenda. I wasn't surprised to see you started this thread. (This is merely an observation and not a direct attack)
[/quote]

I joined to discuss issues that concern me. Is it wrong if they are controversial? How is a disagreement an "agenda"? And what if it were an "agenda"? You would rather I remain silent about those things I think are wrong?

And what is controversial about questioning the body/soul relationship, which is my primary intresest at the moment? That's not an agenda, but a desire to understand.

And how is it a "personal agenda" to make silly posts in the Lame Forum?

I think you're mistaken in your use of the word "only."

Anyway, as a newb, it's nice to meet you. Thanks for the warm welcome. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]

HisChildForever
Posted

This kind of discussion should be done between Knights. I suggest you take Kris up on his offer.

Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='17 December 2009 - 11:18 AM' timestamp='1261073883' post='2022329']
This kind of discussion should be done between Knights. I suggest you take Kris up on his offer.
[/quote]

I disagree, but thanks for the suggestion.

And I am willing to discuss it privately and have done so. It's not an either/or situation.

It's not just about the K of C, but about a principle.

Anyway...may I return the favor and suggest that you don't read this thread anymore?

Posted

[quote name='dUSt' date='17 December 2009 - 08:35 AM' timestamp='1261064146' post='2022250']
The beauty of our faith is that there are many diverse organizations and orders that appeal to different kind of people. So, the Knights may not be your thing. God made us all different, so it would be odd if 100% of people all were in to the same thing. Let's not ruin it or condemn the people who really do get something out of the third degree ceremony.
[/quote]

I have "condemned" no one. I have not criticized the Knights of Colombus.

I have questioned and criticized the Third Degree Ceremony.

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Pliny' date='17 December 2009 - 01:34 PM' timestamp='1261074890' post='2022342']
I disagree, but thanks for the suggestion.

And I am willing to discuss it privately and have done so. It's not an either/or situation.

It's not just about the K of C, but about a principle.

Anyway...may I return the favor and suggest that you don't read this thread anymore?
[/quote]

Since Knights are not allowed to give any information about the ceremony, no one can possibly understand this "principle" you are arguing. Except a Knight.

Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='17 December 2009 - 01:18 PM' timestamp='1261073883' post='2022329']
This kind of discussion should be done between Knights. I suggest you take Kris up on his offer.
[/quote]

Partially the reason why I made my earlier comment. This thread is a complete disregard of the secrecy of the Fraternal Order of the Knights of Columbus. For what it's worth, I personally didn't like it and the Knights of Columbus really aren't my cup of tea. Probably because of my home council that bickers about the Church and our parish priest at all the meetings. The Knights as a whole, internationally is a great organization doing good charitable work in support of vocations to the priesthood.

Posted

[quote name='the_rev' date='17 December 2009 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1261079165' post='2022373']
Partially the reason why I made my earlier comment. This thread is a complete disregard of the secrecy of the Fraternal Order of the Knights of Columbus. For what it's worth, I personally didn't like it and the Knights of Columbus really aren't my cup of tea. Probably because of my home council that bickers about the Church and our parish priest at all the meetings. The Knights as a whole, internationally is a great organization doing good charitable work in support of vocations to the priesthood.
[/quote]

Why should the secrecy be "regarded"?

I don't see why anyone should be bound to keep a sercret he did not bargain for, especially if he sees himself as a "victim" instead of a participant. ("Victim" might be too strong...just saying that for want of a better word).

I think there is a cult mentality that wants to protect these "secrets."


I don't judge all the K of C by my parish, either, and have nothing against them, and am happy for whatever good works they do.

But my home parish K of C meetings are so lame, and so self-indulgent for a few of the members, that they are a total waste of time. I would rather go through another Third Degree than attend one of their meetings. Even though I don't like it, at least it would be interesting.

Posted

Just to be clear, I don't intend to go into anything specific about the Third Degree here in this forum.



Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

This makes me want to become a third degree knight.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/129030749970221098.jpg[/IMG]

Posted

[quote name='Pliny' date='17 December 2009 - 08:03 PM' timestamp='1261098227' post='2022511']
Just to be clear, I don't intend to go into anything specific about the Third Degree here in this forum.
[/quote]

Thank you.

Posted

You won't say anything specific about the Third Degree Ceremony, but you want to openly attack it, you say you were manipulated, but you won't say how, I'm just not sure what purpose your thread is suppose to serve? You can only talk in ambiguities that neither side can defend. One CAN find out what the three ceremonies are without being a knight if they look hard enough, but that violates the desires of the KofC for those ceremonies to remain private.

Saint Therese
Posted

Are there any chickens involved?:think:

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='17 December 2009 - 11:03 PM' timestamp='1261109004' post='2022614']
Are there any chickens involved?:think:
[/quote]
Who told you?!!

Just don't tell anyone about the paddles. My goodness, the paddles!

Posted

It would be good to kill this topic now.

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='Theoketos' date='17 December 2009 - 11:37 PM' timestamp='1261111028' post='2022633']
It would be good to kill this topic now.
[/quote]
:rip: :flowers: :funeral:

Saint Therese
Posted

[quote name='Raphael' date='17 December 2009 - 11:17 PM' timestamp='1261109836' post='2022625']
Who told you?!!

Just don't tell anyone about the paddles. My goodness, the paddles!
[/quote]

I owe you a +1.:lol:

Posted

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='17 December 2009 - 09:03 PM' timestamp='1261109004' post='2022614']
Are there any chickens involved?[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/think_chin.gif[/img]
[/quote]


We had spaghetti afterwards.

Posted (edited)

[quote]I'm just not sure what purpose your thread is suppose to serve?[/quote]

Because I was hoping it would make me popular?

Edited by Pliny
Posted

P =(GxCxI)/E

E=Effort to be popular
C=Coolness
G=Geekiness
I=Amount of intertubes
P=Popularity

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...