An Old School Catholic Message Board

Patron Saints 2010

Lil Red

brightsadness

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='20 December 2009 - 02:03 PM' timestamp='1261342993' post='2023547']
Lil Red and the Holy Spirit gave me St Helena, mother of Constantine.
[/quote]

That's my mother's patron saint. Baptismal name Yelena[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/clap2.gif[/img]

I got Isidore of Seville, who's widely called the patron saint of the internet. :) Considering newspapers are largely gravitating to the web, and my concentration is in Online Journalism, it's an interesting choice. My parish is St. Isidore the Farmer.

+J.M.J.+
[quote name='Maria Faustina' date='20 December 2009 - 01:49 PM' timestamp='1261338585' post='2023519']Sent you an email :)[/quote]
emailed you back :)

[quote name='brightsadness' date='20 December 2009 - 02:58 PM' timestamp='1261342692' post='2023541']me too.[/quote]
pm'd you back. :)

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='20 December 2009 - 07:38 PM' timestamp='1261359500' post='2023789']
Our homeschool group has a party in early Jan. and we always do this.
[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
:thumbsup:
any cool stories to share?

homeschoolmom

No, not really. I usually have not been very good about remembering who we all have. It's still sort of a new tradition for us. :unsure:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='20 December 2009 - 07:49 PM' timestamp='1261360163' post='2023801']
No, not really. I usually have not been very good about remembering who we all have. It's still sort of a new tradition for us. :unsure:
[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
yeah, it's the first year i'm doing it. i'm kind of excited, to tell the truth. though i'm not sure i'll be able to find pictures of each of our saints :unsure: i'd like to be able to find a picture to print out, especially for the kids. we're already including them in our prayers. :)

[quote name='loveletslive' date='20 December 2009 - 08:55 PM' timestamp='1261364124' post='2023840']
whenver i've done this i've gotten totally lame saints that i can't find any good info on. :annoyed:
[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
let me assure you, :) there are no lame saints in my mix.

St. Thomas Aquinas it is then :) (Although thanks Red, I'm having some very vivid flashbacks to Intro to Philosophy now from 7 years ago...)

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

[quote name='Lil Red' date='20 December 2009 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1261366623' post='2023862']
+J.M.J.+
someone else on this board received two saints, but i'll let that person share if they wish :)
[/quote]

That would be me. I got St. Faustina and Bl. Angela of Foligno.

-I have recently picked up my copy of St. Faustinas Diary and many people have been bringing it up to me after I started reading it.
I have been discerning on whether or not I should continue to read this book but this seems like good enough reason to finish it.
(P.S. This book brings great consolations to my soul)

-Bl. Angela of Foligno's body is incorrupt and she is patroness of those struggling against temptations in general and especially those of sexual sins so I think I will take her and pray to her many times.
She "Lived wild, adulterously, and sacrilegiously for a while." Which would match me before my conversion so I think we will be good freinds. :lol:

Here is an excerpt from one of her books....
God presents himself in the inmost depths of my soul. I understand not only that he is present, but also how he is present in every creature and in everything that has being, in a devil and a good angel, in heaven and hell, in good deeds and in adultery or homicide, in all things, finally, which exist or have some degree of being, whether beautiful or ugly. I also understand that he is no less present in a devil than a good angel. Therefore, while I am in this truth, I take no less delight in seeing or understanding his presence in a devil or in an act of adultery than I do in a good angel or in a good deed. This mode of divine presence in my soul has become almost habitual. Moreover, this mode of God's presence illuminates my soul with such great truth and bestows on it such divine graces that when my soul is in this mode it cannot commit any offense, and it receives an abundance of divine gifts. Because of this understanding of God's presence my soul is greatly humiliated and ashamed of its sins. It is also granted deep wisdom, great divine consolation, and joy.

- Blessed Angela

Thanks Lil Red.