An Old School Catholic Message Board

Patron Saints 2010

Lil Red

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

St. Stanislaus of Poland's Feast day is on my B-Day April 11th and his feast day in the Latin rite is the day I received all 4 sacraments. :cool:
St. faustina is from Poland too. :unsure:

brightsadness

The Holy Spirit via Lil Red gave me Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/pray.gif[/img]

[quote name='Raphael' date='21 December 2009 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1261451161' post='2024246']
I received St. Pius X. :)
[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
the book by Forbes is really good.

she_who_is_not

I got St. Gianna Molla. I was really surprised at first as I am an unmarried, childless woman. I have done some pro-life work but I never really formed a connection with St. Gianna. She didn't seem relevant to me. However, after doing research I feel a real connection to her. We both pursued advanced degrees, share a love of the arts and the outdoors. I read in one biography that though pious, Molla loved fashion, the symphony, and opera. I think we would have been good friends!
One aspect of St. Gianna's life that really resonated with me is that she did not marry until she was 33. As my friends marry and have children, I feel left behind. St. Gianna reminds me that all things will be accomplished in God's time. I think she is the perfect saint to me.

[quote name='she_who_is_not' date='26 December 2009 - 06:32 PM' timestamp='1261877556' post='2026393']
I got St. Gianna Molla. I was really surprised at first as I am an unmarried, childless woman. I have done some pro-life work but I never really formed a connection with St. Gianna. She didn't seem relevant to me. However, after doing research I feel a real connection to her. We both pursued advanced degrees, share a love of the arts and the outdoors. I read in one biography that though pious, Molla loved fashion, the symphony, and opera. I think we would have been good friends!
One aspect of St. Gianna's life that really resonated with me is that she did not marry until she was 33. As my friends marry and have children, I feel left behind. St. Gianna reminds me that all things will be accomplished in God's time. I think she is the perfect saint to me.
[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
thank you for sharing! :)

[quote name='she_who_is_not' date='26 December 2009 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1261877556' post='2026393']
[/quote]

st. gianna is beautiful! there is a documentary about her life narrated by her children & husband. you should watch it if you can get a hold of the dvd :)

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Lil Red' date='26 December 2009 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1261858045' post='2026302']
+J.M.J.+
the book by Forbes is really good.
[/quote]
I suspect I'll be getting that...but not the copy that's selling on Amazon for $174. :blink:

I intend to read his biography, keep up prayer to him, read all his papal documents and comment on them on my blog.

[quote name='Raphael' date='26 December 2009 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1261884903' post='2026435']
I suspect I'll be getting that...but not the copy that's selling on Amazon for $174. :blink:

I intend to read his biography, keep up prayer to him, read all his papal documents and comment on them on my blog.
[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
uh, yeah, that's the one i have. :blink: must be outta print.

yup, checked TAN's website, it's outta print.

usually amazon's used books aren't bad, but if you'd like to borrow mine, i'll send it to you. :)

btw, that sounds like an awesome plan ;)

i got st. teresa of the andes! haven't quite figured out why yet...other than she is the patron saint of young people in general and i am a college student. thanks lil red :)

Happy_Catholic

What an awesome idea!

You can do me, if you want. I'm female, 28, in the health care profession, and having a few unpleasant dealings with the people in Human Resources (their fault, not mine!) I'm not sure if the Lord will lead me out of the country, for holiday or work this year (I really wanna escape New Zealand, but I need the Lord's blessings to do it!)

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Happy_Catholic' date='29 December 2009 - 12:18 AM' timestamp='1262063936' post='2027147']
What an awesome idea!

You can do me, if you want. I'm female, 28, in the health care profession, and having a few unpleasant dealings with the people in Human Resources (their fault, not mine!) I'm not sure if the Lord will lead me out of the country, for holiday or work this year (I really wanna escape New Zealand, but I need the Lord's blessings to do it!)
[/quote]
I'd love to move to a place as beautiful as New Zealand, except that a priest classmate of mine from there told me the Church is really suffering.