Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Happy Festivus


Recommended Posts

Posted

My grievances:

 

My neck hurting.

 

People who can't listen to simple instructions or refuse to follow them, even when the pastor requested it.  :mad:

 

My school trying to take away my financial aid even though I made solid As and Bs this semester.

 

 

Posted

6a00d83451c7bb69e20120a77485e5970b-800wi

 

 

Wow... were to begin??

 

DON'T .... get me started! :)

 

Happy Festivus!

Posted

Ah!  Time to decorate!!!!

 

Festivus_pole_lot.jpg

Posted

Official Festivus Decoration for Mater:  (and they really work, too!!!!)

 

thermacare_schouder-300x280.jpg

Posted

Official Festivus Decoration for Mater:  (and they really work, too!!!!)

 

thermacare_schouder-300x280.jpg

 

Yeah, I used to use those.  I prefer Bengay, though, because it's cheaper.  If only I could find the tube I had!  :rolleyes:

Posted

(Sorry for :hijack: but you can also use a hot water bottle or a put-in-microwave-neck-bag -- sleep on one of those and you will probably not have a sore neck tomorrow!)

 

Now a grievance.... TOO MANY PHATMASSERS GONE AWAY DURING CHRISTMAS!!!!

Posted

YES! It is way to quiet around here!

Basilisa Marie
Posted

Three minutes left of Festivus in my time zone, just enough for me to say...

 

Hey job market, you suck. 

Posted

Three minutes left of Festivus in my time zone, just enough for me to say...

 

Hey job market, you smell of elderberries. 

 

I agree with that.  Ugh!  I've been trying to find a part-time job for several months now but the job market is so competitive and there aren't enough jobs to go around.  :(

Basilisa Marie
Posted

I agree with that.  Ugh!  I've been trying to find a part-time job for several months now but the job market is so competitive and there aren't enough jobs to go around.  :(

 

Seriously. I'm stuck in the wonderful need-experience-to-get-a-job, need-a-job-to-have-experience infinity loop. Whoever told me, "Oh yeah, having an advanced degree will TOTALLY compensate for a couple years of experience in the eyes of an employer!" had no idea what he or she was talking about. :P  
 

Anyway. :) I'm just lucky I have parents I can live with until something turns up, and that the government has income-contingent student loan repayment plans! Yay! 

Posted

My throat has had some irritation at times for the last couple days and if I did not know better from my tongue, I'd say my system went acidic, except I don't have the regular heartburn pain that I thought came with it. Either way, time for meat and fast food. Tight body muscles for a day, not enough time off for Christmas, only a part-time job, have to figure out medical insurance, life-long affect from accident, I have an interview-on Christmas Eve when I wanted to sleep in and make cookies instead of an interview and flu shot.

Posted

Seriously. I'm stuck in the wonderful need-experience-to-get-a-job, need-a-job-to-have-experience infinity loop. Whoever told me, "Oh yeah, having an advanced degree will TOTALLY compensate for a couple years of experience in the eyes of an employer!" had no idea what he or she was talking about. :P  
 

Anyway. :) I'm just lucky I have parents I can live with until something turns up, and that the government has income-contingent student loan repayment plans! Yay! 

 

QFT, sister.

homeschoolmom
Posted

Festivus is not over until someone pins dUSt.

Posted (edited)

awwww...  a little dUSt in adoration at the manger..... Of course!  What a lovely segway from Festivus to Christmus...

 

manger_mary_joseph_donkey_baby_jesus_lg_

Edited by AnneLine
Posted

Seriously. I'm stuck in the wonderful need-experience-to-get-a-job, need-a-job-to-have-experience infinity loop. Whoever told me, "Oh yeah, having an advanced degree will TOTALLY compensate for a couple years of experience in the eyes of an employer!" had no idea what he or she was talking about. :P  
 

Anyway. :) I'm just lucky I have parents I can live with until something turns up, and that the government has income-contingent student loan repayment plans! Yay! 

 

I hear ya!  I've been in that loop before and I still am because all the good jobs are trying to weed out the lowest qualified so they don't have to interview so many people.  The only problem with that strategy is that those who REALLY need jobs are left out in the mud.  St. Joseph, pray for us!

Posted

DID I MISS THE AIRING OF GRIEVANCES??????

Posted

DID I MISS THE AIRING OF GRIEVANCES??????

homeschoolmom
Posted

No, you didn't.

 

Grievance: Double posts. <_<

 

 

Posted

Grievance - people who complain about double posts

PhuturePriest
Posted

Grievance: MIkolbe's existence.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...