An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pre-Religious Life "bucket List"

magnificat

[quote name='emilier98' timestamp='1302751927' post='2228529']
Well, there is UPS, DHL and other carriers too. You could always ship your self on a freighter or stow away on a ship or something like that.
[/quote]

Hmm.... A cargo ship... That definitely has possibilities....

FutureSister2009

Okay I want to add two more things that could happen any time if I choose to.

Donate blood to the American Red Cross (if I can handle it :lol: )

Donate my hair to Locks of Love (I know I can handle it!:dance2: )

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1303236223' post='2230238']

[/quote]

The SSFPA postulants have a home visit before investiture, and they're all expected to get a hair cut. My friend has really long hair, so she's donating to Locks of Love this summer before receiving her habit. So that's not necessarily something that has to be done before entering, but I'm sure it depends on your community.
I almost passed out when I gave blood :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
FutureSister2009

Well I can definitely cross Go to Rome and have a Papal audience off my list because it did happen! :dance:It was amazing. Since I'm with a group, we actually got acknowledged by him! It seemed so unreal! [i]I'm so blessed[/i]. I don't want to leave but we are tomorrow. :pope3: I hope I do get back here someday. But regardless, I know for sure I must have a Vocation. I feel it more now than I did before I came here

Mary Magdalene

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1304194837' post='2235110']
Well I can definitely cross Go to Rome and have a Papal audience off my list because it did happen! :dance:It was amazing. Since I'm with a group, we actually got acknowledged by him! It seemed so unreal! [i]I'm so blessed[/i]. I don't want to leave but we are tomorrow. :pope3: I hope I do get back here someday. But regardless, I know for sure I must have a Vocation. I feel it more now than I did before I came here
[/quote]

:like: Wow!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1303236223' post='2230238']

[/quote]

Donating blood is an amesome thing to do! The first time was tough, but now I'm ok as long as I start lying down. The blood services group now tells you where your blood goes and mine went to a children's hospital. It's so great because not only do you save three lives, you also are making yourself healthier (you make new blood).

If you're nervous, just tell the lovely nurses. They are kind and understand. And just think! The JPII (now BLESSED) gave blood so it could be given to him in surgery and now it's an official relic!:pope:

• 4 weeks later...
FutureSister2009

Well since we all know my mother is expecting me to wait another year before I enter, she promised me if I go to school for a year, she would take me back to Disney World before I enter! :dance6: :dance2: :banana: :dance3:

I'm totally up for that since I really do want to go back before I go off to the convent. :love: I love that place. She also said she would let me spend a week with my Order while I'm on Spring break. It's going to be an expensive year. I need to have a fundraiser or something.

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1302730704' post='2228389']
In No Particular Order:

I would like to cut a CD with my band, and record all my solo work (just because my mother has fully convinced me she will lay down and DIE if she doesn't get to keep any of our/my music).

I would like to finish writing my books.....

I would like to go to Rome and meet the Pope! (My Spritual Director is going this summer.... Would I really suffocate if I hid in his suitcase for the flight there? I was told this, but might just risk it anyway, lol)

I would like to find good homes for all my rabbits.

I would like to (and WILL, if I do nothing else) spend more time with my family. (Speaking of, can anyone recommend any good waterparks for me to take my godchild to? I am limited to the continental U.S. and Hawaii).
[/quote]

waterparks!

There are great waterparks everywhere!

...what state or greater metro area did you live in...?

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1262975321' post='2032538']
Really?

I suppose it would depend on the community. But I would think that for special liturgies and feast days having a trumpet as part of the music would quite dandy. I always love in my parish when we add the trumpets (two- myself and one other) for the Gloria during Christmas and Easter-- quite a difference from the unaccompanied singing during Advent and Lent!

But, with smaller communities, I could see how something like that probably wouldn't happen.
[/quote]

TB

I am Impressed with your gifts.

I think that a trumpeter would be a real asset to a religious house, if the chapel isn't to small ;)

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1263264140' post='2035139']
I watched all the old Man from UNCLE episodes I could find on youtube. I also ate at taco (amazingly good) Bell a lot, and Dunkin Donuts!

I know, pathetic.
[/quote]

FRESH (made than morning) donuts from DD are ambrosial!

faithcecelia

I have absolutely nothing I want to do. If I was told I could go this very minute but could say no goodbyes nor pack even a small bag, I would go.

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1306775340' post='2247681']
I have absolutely nothing I want to do. If I was told I could go this very minute but could say no goodbyes nor pack even a small bag, I would go.
[/quote]

Wow, I have so many questions I would like to ask you and I do not know exactly how to respond to your comment. Such a preponderance of love, committment and belonging. Are you able to feel the same in your home now as when you will be back in Carmel?

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1301598905' post='2225108']
Prayers for you! I just discovered, by chance, that my friend left the convent recently, too, so you are not alone. You have my support. :)
[/quote]

Where you a part of the 22 who entered in August?

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1262943653' post='2032405']
Depends on what kind of convent you are entering but being able to play something like the piano or organ is usually a good thing! We did have some nuns who could play guitar, and one could play the cello, but I can't see the trumpet really coming in all that handy! :) But then maybe that is why you would want to learn it before you enter, if you like it, you might not get much opportunity afterwards!

Another good thing to learn is sewing, hand sewing and machine sewing. There is usually a lot of mending or sewing to do. At recreation, a lot of the sisters would knit or crochet as well. Having a knack for craft work is usually good too.
[/quote]

I also played the trumpet and was pleasantly surprised that we performed as a concert bank when we had Come and See weekends.

faithcecelia

[quote name='DarleneSteinemann' timestamp='1306779135' post='2247696']
Wow, I have so many questions I would like to ask you and I do not know exactly how to respond to your comment. Such a preponderance of love, committment and belonging. Are you able to feel the same in your home now as when you will be back in Carmel?
[/quote]

I feel I am in a strange situation at the moment. I give myself completely to my work - I have to, the child I care for deserves and needs me to - yet I stand by my belief that I have never left Carmel. Yes, of course I am not physically [i]in [/i]Carmel at this point in time, but it is also possible to live in Carmel without [i]living[/i] Carmel.

I am not, now, concerned that I will be entering a new community; that is God's will so it will be fine. The one thing I now know will be painful is my second Clothing. When that day comes I will kneel before my new community (wherever that may be) and request to be allowed to learn to give myself, to learn how to be poor, chaste and obedient, to learn how to live in the wilderness of solitude with my God. It will be painful because I have never once retracted those requests since I first made them on 23rd November 2008, Feast of Christ the King. It wil be painful because I have learnt a lot of that while I have been out, under the direct tuition of my God rather than any human superior.

When I was first discerning, and when I first entered, I was like most young women in my position. I was so excited, I had the party before I entered, from the day I entered I longed for Clothing, from Clothing I longed for Profession. Now I just want to be back in Carmel, if I'm a postulant for 3yrs I accept it, if my Profession is delayed, I accept it. None of these are so important to me anymore, all that matters is giving myself fully to the One who I adore.