An Old School Catholic Message Board

Missionaries Of The Eucharist

MithLuin

I'm so thrilled the two of you are doing this together! It's an avvesome experience :) Pray oodles and oodles for everyone here at Phatmass, 'k?

(And we'll pray for you, too!)

Please pray for me as I am not having much success remedying my foot problem (sesamoiditis) / resolving it with the methods my podiatrist suggested. I'm still trying stuff out but the last two nights after walking for only 30 or 45 minutes the pain would set into my foot. When I told the walk leader I was having problems with my foot she said that she still wants me to come even if I could only walk a little bit (like 5 miles a day). I called her last night again after getting back from a walk and told her that after only 45 minutes my foot hurt and that if I'm taking somebody's space who wants to come to take them over me seeing as how they'd actually be able to walk. She wants me to come but she's going to talk again with the director and their spiritual director about this. I'd still want to go even if I couldn't walk, being there would be better than nothing. (Though it would stink not being able to walk as I'd be missing out on a big part of the experience).

I have such a hard time letting go and let God be Lord. I just want to be a normal, able-bodied, walking MoE but it looks like that's not playing out as I had assumed it would.

I want to be a part of this so bad but we'll see.

• 7 months later...

The Missionaries of the Eucharist will be in DC for the March for Life! So....if you'd like to join them, please consider contacting them to get in touch. They'll be doing retreat-like things on Sunday, and the March on Monday. Now is a really good time to start thinking about whether or not you'd be able to do the Walk this summer!

[url=http://www.facebook.com/events/151265271652492/]Facebook invite[/url]

(This will likely be my last plug for the MOEs in 2012, so...I hope someone from phatmass is able to go!)