Brother Adam Posted April 10, 2004 Posted April 10, 2004 [quote]But to be fair, Bro. Adam... the people who told you those things about Catholicism weren't doing it knowingly[/quote] For me, many of them do knowingly lie I know because I have lovingly corrected them many times and they still lie. I think Teresa wants to become Catholic....
homeschoolmom Posted April 10, 2004 Posted April 10, 2004 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Apr 10 2004, 08:53 AM'] For me, many of them do knowingly lie I know because I have lovingly corrected them many times and they still lie. I think Teresa wants to become Catholic.... [/quote] Wow! I've never encountered anyone KNOWINGLY lying... have encountered a lot of ingorant anti-Catholics (including myself just last year!) And about Teresa... what makes you think she wants if more than you do?
Brother Adam Posted April 10, 2004 Posted April 10, 2004 His name is Bobryan, he works the BaptistBoard.com other religion forum. You'll have to clarify your question. I think you mighta forgot a few words in there.
homeschoolmom Posted April 10, 2004 Posted April 10, 2004 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Apr 10 2004, 09:06 AM'] His name is Bobryan, he works the BaptistBoard.com other religion forum. You'll have to clarify your question. I think you mighta forgot a few words in there. [/quote] Didn't forget... just can't type with a five year old going, "when are you gonna cook the easter eggs, mom?" about a hundrend times!! You said that you thought Teresa wants to become Catholic. I wondered what makes you think so. And in a second question, don't you want to become Catholic? I haven't checked your Cathometer lately. Which of you is "closer"? Or do you do a two steps forward, one step back... like I did... (Actually, it was like, "two steps forward... full retreat... two steps forward... retreat..." just have to make it through tonight!!) Blessings. --L Bobryan is hard-hearted and the BB is a weird place. I try to stay away from both of them. But I can't help watching them... like a bad accident.
Brother Adam Posted April 10, 2004 Posted April 10, 2004 [quote]Bobryan is hard-hearted and the BB is a weird place. I try to stay away from both of them. But I can't help watching them... like a bad accident.[/quote] [color=red][font="Impact"]ROFLMApplesO!!!!!! That's was the best comment about the BB I've heard yet. [/color][/font] [quote] I wondered what makes you think so. [/quote] I can see it in her eyes. Deep down we both have a longing to go to the Catholic Church. We both have a longing for a deeper more personal worship relationship with the Lord. It's the head knowledge and not being quite at peace with it that keeps us from it. God Bless, Bro. Adam
homeschoolmom Posted April 10, 2004 Posted April 10, 2004 [quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Apr 10 2004, 09:47 AM'] Speaking for me again, eh? [/quote] I guess when you two became one flesh, you became one mouth... --L
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted April 10, 2004 Author Posted April 10, 2004 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Apr 10 2004, 09:56 AM'] nope. Just making the calls as I see them. [/quote]
socalscout Posted April 11, 2004 Posted April 11, 2004 [quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Apr 9 2004, 06:46 AM'] I don't want to convert is because it's easier to just sit back and slide by and stay in what I've been raised to believe....it's easier to sit in my ignorance, and pretend to believe those things I've been told about Catholics...but....I do know that that is the wrong thing to do to sit back and live in my ignorance, and not change for the better from the knowledge I've been given I don't want to...BUT I know that I can't, if the knowledge I've been given brings me to the point that I need to reconcile to the Catholic church, but that doesn't mean that I'll want to. Do I [b]want[/b] to become Catholic? No! Do I know that I [b]need[/b] to if it's revealed to me in my personal life that the Catholic church truly is the one true church? Yes! So...while I may not want to become Catholic, I do know that I need to obey and not live in my ignorance. [/quote] I am in tears. Its also Easter Vigil and my wife has been confrimed and I await the dawn for the risen Lord. God Bless You!!!
Good Friday Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 Teresa, I definitely didn't want to become Catholic. In fact, I was so violently opposed to it that I've run as fast as I could from the Church on numerous occasions [i]after[/i] my conversion. I'm still here because God is good at dragging.
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted April 13, 2004 Author Posted April 13, 2004 What scares me more than anything is of making the wrong decision...What if, afterall is said and done, we find out, at the end of time, that we really weren't in the right church. We weren't doing the right things? While we'd still be saved, what if Jesus was disappointed is us? That's what scares me.
homeschoolmom Posted April 13, 2004 Posted April 13, 2004 [quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Apr 13 2004, 10:04 AM'] What scares me more than anything is of making the wrong decision...What if, afterall is said and done, we find out, at the end of time, that we really weren't in the right church. We weren't doing the right things? While we'd still be saved, what if Jesus was disappointed is us? That's what scares me. [/quote] I'm sure that Jesus was disappointed in Peter when he denied him. Yet He gave him a great possition in the early church... some might even call him the first pope! What if you stay where you are and Jesus is disappointed with that? Unfortunately, we aren't going to get out of here without having disappointed the Lord. We will all have to account for what we did here.
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted April 13, 2004 Author Posted April 13, 2004 Point taken...it's stilll scarey, though, ya know?
homeschoolmom Posted April 13, 2004 Posted April 13, 2004 [quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Apr 13 2004, 10:52 AM'] Point taken...it's stilll scarey, though, ya know? [/quote] Yes, I do.
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted April 13, 2004 Author Posted April 13, 2004 Argg!!! It'd be so much easier if Jesus just came in the flesh, and said to me, face to face, this is where you're supposed to be worshipping, where you're supposed to serving, what you're supposed to be doing for a living! Arggg..... [quote] If only, if only, the woodpecker cries....[/quote]
littleflower+JMJ Posted April 13, 2004 Posted April 13, 2004 [quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Apr 13 2004, 11:05 AM'] Argg!!! It'd be so much easier if Jesus just came in the flesh, and said to me, face to face, this is where you're supposed to be worshipping, where you're supposed to serving, what you're supposed to be doing for a living! Arggg..... [/quote] you konw last time my brother had a friend who said the exact same thing as that after talking hours over religion...... and his prayer was answered........even tho he didn't know it was my brother took him to the Blessed Sacrament i would add much praying! God will not lead you astray!! as long as truth is there, you are on the right track! :group: :wub: prayers!! :hearts: :jesus:
littleflower+JMJ Posted April 13, 2004 Posted April 13, 2004 also heres a biggie....read upon the life of the saints!! they are awesome!! martyrs, priests, nuns and laity....all who have been declared to be great instruments of God's Chruch and will.. st. therese, st. stephan, st. dominic, st. john bosco, st. anthony, st. max kolbe, soo many...all great witnesses of the way to follow! you really love them all....they teach us how to persevere till the end and they battled many wars that we fight ourselves today (i.e., doubt)......their proof of God's love, mercy and true faith.... God bless. +JMJ
homeschoolmom Posted April 13, 2004 Posted April 13, 2004 [quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Apr 13 2004, 11:05 AM'] Argg!!! It'd be so much easier if Jesus just came in the flesh, and said to me, face to face, this is where you're supposed to be worshipping, where you're supposed to serving, what you're supposed to be doing for a living! Arggg..... [/quote] Yeah, it'd be pretty helpful if there was a biblical book titled "the prophetic letter directed just to Mrs. Bro. Adam" wouldn't it? But since there isn't, you will have to read what the whole bible says to the whole of us... I know how difficult it is, MBA, trust me. I really understand your frustration.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now