princessgianna Posted January 29, 2010 Posted January 29, 2010 Got to fight another fight - I gotta run another night Get it out - check it out I'm on my way and I don't feel right I gotta get me back - I can't be beat and that's a fact It's OK - I'll find a way You ain't gonna take me down no way Don't judge a thing until you know what's inside it Dont' push me - I'll fight it Never gonna give in - never gonna give it up no If you can't catch a wave then your'e never gonna ride You can't come uninvited Never gonna give in - never gonna give up no You can't take me I'm free Why did it all go wrong? - I wanna know what's going on And what's this holding me? I'm not where I supposed to be I gotta fight another fight I gotta fight will all my might I'm getting out , so check it out Ya, you're in my way So you better watch out [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr3Tb7KGQGM"]My link[/url]
zunshynn Posted January 29, 2010 Posted January 29, 2010 (edited) My link wouldn't post. Edited January 29, 2010 by zunshynn
princessgianna Posted January 29, 2010 Author Posted January 29, 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr3Tb7KGQGM
princessgianna Posted January 29, 2010 Author Posted January 29, 2010 (edited) Title suppose to be "you can't take me" EDIT: Just proves that I do indeed share human flaws! Edited January 29, 2010 by princessgianna
Resurrexi Posted January 29, 2010 Posted January 29, 2010 [quote name='princessgianna' date='28 January 2010 - 11:43 PM' timestamp='1264740181' post='2047056'] Title suppose to be "you can't take me" EDIT: Just proves that I do indeed share human flaws! [/quote] And I thought you were perfect!
princessgianna Posted January 29, 2010 Author Posted January 29, 2010 I know! A shock right? With this information out-two groups will form. One with true friends and the other with people who now with the knowledge that I am not perfect, refuse to associate with me.
Resurrexi Posted January 29, 2010 Posted January 29, 2010 [quote name='princessgianna' date='29 January 2010 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1264741498' post='2047074'] I know! A shock right? With this information out-two groups will form. One with true friends and the other with people who now with the knowledge that I am not perfect, refuse to associate with me. [/quote] Well, even though you aren't perfect, I definitely don't want to disassociate myself with you.
princessgianna Posted January 29, 2010 Author Posted January 29, 2010 Don't use double negatives darling!
Nihil Obstat Posted January 29, 2010 Posted January 29, 2010 [quote name='Resurrexi' date='28 January 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1264741718' post='2047075'] Well, even though you aren't perfect, I definitely don't want to disassociate myself with you. [/quote] [quote name='princessgianna' date='28 January 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1264742376' post='2047088'] Don't use double negatives darling! [/quote] The alliteration was admirable though.
Resurrexi Posted January 29, 2010 Posted January 29, 2010 [quote name='princessgianna' date='29 January 2010 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1264742376' post='2047088'] Don't use double negatives darling! [/quote]
princessgianna Posted January 29, 2010 Author Posted January 29, 2010 [quote name='Resurrexi' date='29 January 2010 - 12:28 AM' timestamp='1264742887' post='2047091'] [/quote] I call all my friends 'darling'!
princessgianna Posted January 29, 2010 Author Posted January 29, 2010 :steps back in horror: gracious me-no! I totally get my rolling rrrrrrrrrrrrrs in there
Nihil Obstat Posted January 29, 2010 Posted January 29, 2010 [quote name='princessgianna' date='28 January 2010 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1264744126' post='2047111'] :steps back in horror: gracious me-no! I totally get my rolling rrrrrrrrrrrrrs in there [/quote] Is it an apical, or uvular trill?
princessgianna Posted January 29, 2010 Author Posted January 29, 2010 Well since the English typically only has apical. Apical. Final Answer!
Nihil Obstat Posted January 29, 2010 Posted January 29, 2010 [quote name='princessgianna' date='29 January 2010 - 12:05 AM' timestamp='1264745116' post='2047129'] Well since the English typically only has apical. Apical. Final Answer! [/quote] Most English speakers use neither. I have to admit, I don't like the uvular trill. It sounds too harsh to me. Except I can't trill apically anyway, so it's all academic.
princessgianna Posted January 29, 2010 Author Posted January 29, 2010 (edited) [quote]This is not a very common distinction, and typically applied only to fricatives and affricates. Thus many varieties of the English language have either apical or laminal pairs of [t]/[d]. However, some varieties of Arabic, including Hadhrami Arabic, realizes [t] as laminal but [d] as apical.[/quote]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apical_consonant Edited January 29, 2010 by princessgianna
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now