dUSt Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 If I have a boy, I want to name my kid Augustine. My wife doesn't.
hyperdulia again Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 Are you guys pregnant? If you are, I like Michael, Xavier, and Carlos.
Aloysius Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 how about.... Aloysius? that's pronounce a-lew-ish-ous but i figure u should know that then you could nick-name him lewy
benedict_x Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 Charles Francis Xavier (thats one name) Remy Benedict (My personal fav) Scott
dUSt Posted August 14, 2003 Author Posted August 14, 2003 Yes, we're pregnant. I thought everyone knew. Thanks for all the suggestions. I might name him Pio.
ironmonk Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 CONGRATS!!! If ours is a boy, it will be Damian. After my confirmation Saint Damian, twin of Cosmos; they were doctors and died of leparsy because they helped lepers. Of course everyone she knows has called it the devil child name because of the movie "The Omen". I have to stick to my guns on this one because she has shot down all the other names... I also picked Augustine, which was my second choice. If it's a girl... Olivia... There is a St. Olivia, but she just likes the name, and I do too. God Bless!! ironmonk
Dave Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 (edited) Dust, I can't believe you assumed everyone knew! I sure didn't! Now you see what assuming does, right? Anyway, congratulations!!!!!!! How far along is your wife? Let's see . . . for a boy I like Patrick or George. For a girl, I like Marianne (a great combination of 2 wonderful saints) or Rose. Edited August 14, 2003 by davejc29201
BarefootRocker Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 Charles Francis Xavier (thats one name) Remy Scott what about Logan???? :D
Cure of Ars Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 I’m familiar with this dilemma. I want to name my first son Ambrose my wife does not. This dilemma has not come to a head yet because I have two girls. Maybe you guys can compromise. How about Austin? I think it is a form of the name Augustin.
Don John of Austria Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 Yeah but austin has very differant conotations here in Texas.
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 My first son is going to be Leo. My husband doesn't really care for the name, but I get to name him, we made a deal, so he has no choice in the matter. I like the name Augustine. One of my brother's is named Michael Augustine. What does your wife want to name the baby if he's a boy? Hey, you should make a deal like that with your wife dUSt, she gets to name the baby whatever she wants if she's a girl, and you get to name him whatever you want if he's a boy. :P
Donna Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 What I did: Begged in prayer that HE would name the baby the name she SHOULD be named, which he didn't want to name her. He did. he he. "You're right, dear. That's a lovely name!" HE still thinks he originally thought of that name. But HE didn't. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Did. Augustine is a great name. When're you due?
Adam Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 I don't like common names... anything uncommon is usualy cool and unique... But thats just me. So.... yah, somthing unique ownz.
marielapin Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 I like Augustine. If she doesn't like it she can always call him Gus, or August (remember August de Winter from the Avengers?) Our first boy will be Dominic. Our first girl will be Madeleine. We're all in to the religious names.
Jake Huether Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 I think our first boy will be named Mateo Rannier or Mateo Adam. Our first girl will be Genesis (I don't know the middle name yet).
Lil Red Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 My husband and I are thinking about Cassidy if we have a girl, whenever we get pregnant. (many years down the road :D )
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now