Kilroy the Ninja Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 I like Augustine. If we hadn't named the baby Ninja Crusader Raymond we were thinking about naming him Augustine. (Of course I was also considering adding a Maximus as his middle name... ) Don John tried to convince me that Godfrey was acceptable. Our baby's name is Raymond. 'nuff said :P
dUSt Posted August 14, 2003 Author Posted August 14, 2003 Sorry dave! jasJis made a post about a week ago about me being pregnant. I forget that most people avoid jasJis' posts like the plague. hahaha My wife wants to name our son Mattise. If it's a girl, Mackenzie. I don't like either name. I want Augustine. Dominic is cool too. I haven't thought of a girls name yet.
marielapin Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 Mackenzie is like one of the five most popular girls' names right now. I wouldn't name her that unless you are ready to be confused often. Plus I don't know why but it just doesn't sound like a girls' name to me. Call me crazy. I admit I haven't heard of the name Matisse for a boys name but he is one of my favorite artists!
marielapin Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 I like Augustine. If we hadn't named the baby Ninja Crusader Raymond we were thinking about naming him Augustine. (Of course I was also considering adding a Maximus as his middle name... ) Don John tried to convince me that Godfrey was acceptable. Our baby's name is Raymond. 'nuff said Kilroy - do you guys only have little Raymond? For some reason I thought you had two little crusaders. Godfrey? oh my, what would you call him for short? hehe My husband loves the name Cedric. I like it too but for a dog.
Lil Red Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 I hate interchangeable names. I like names that you can tell if the person is male or female.
littleflower+JMJ Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 oh i know abunch of augustine's, they all go by the nickname auggie... so i think thats a cool name i like john paul also! JP for short! lol :D :D
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 Sorry dave! jasJis made a post about a week ago about me being pregnant. I forget that most people avoid jasJis' posts like the plague. hahaha My wife wants to name our son Mattise. If it's a girl, Mackenzie. I don't like either name. I want Augustine. Dominic is cool too. I haven't thought of a girls name yet. I don't like Mattise. You definately need to fanangle naming that child Augustine if he's a boy. Mackenzie I don't mind, but it would be kind of confusing, like Marielapin said.
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 I like Augustine. If we hadn't named the baby Ninja Crusader Raymond we were thinking about naming him Augustine. (Of course I was also considering adding a Maximus as his middle name... ) Don John tried to convince me that Godfrey was acceptable. Our baby's name is Raymond. 'nuff said I have a nephew named Maximillian. :D Godfrey is NOT acceptable (Sorry Don John). Raymond is soooo much better.
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 oh i know abunch of augustine's, they all go by the nickname auggie... so i think thats a cool name i like john paul also! JP for short! lol :D :D lol My brother likes to be called JP but I rarely call him that. I grew up calling him John Paul so its kinda stuck that way for me.
gopherball33 Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 My wife wants to name our son Mattise. If it's a girl, Mackenzie. i seriously think ur kid would be made fun of 2 no end if his name was Mattise. if u have any say at all, prevent the kid from being called that
Dave Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 My husband loves the name Cedric. I like it too but for a dog. That name makes me think of Cedric the Entertainer.
musturde Posted August 14, 2003 Posted August 14, 2003 (edited) How about Charbel, Joe, Steven, Antoine, Hardine (prounounced Har Deen Eh, Patrick, Paul, Peter, Elias (after St. Elias A.K.A St. Elijah the man who went into heaven B.C in Arabic anyone named Elias can be called "La Loos"), John, Robert, Thomas, Nicholas, Vincent, Mathew, Francis, and Mathew. For girls Rafqa (Pronounced Ruff uh), Therese (or Theresa), Mary, Rita, Elizabeth, Catherine, and Claire. Edited August 14, 2003 by musturde
A0N7G Posted August 15, 2003 Posted August 15, 2003 I Like the name Mason for a boy Any girls name with a "Mc" in it is very popular right now i know 3 baby girls all about 9 months old with the name "mckayla", "mackenze" and "mckenna" I like s names for girls, Sierra, Savana, Sarina
dUSt Posted August 15, 2003 Author Posted August 15, 2003 I like Therese for a girl. Elias is a cool name too.
Donna Posted August 15, 2003 Posted August 15, 2003 dUSt, you're Catholic... It's gotta be a saint's name.
benedict_x Posted August 15, 2003 Posted August 15, 2003 what about Logan???? :D Nah.... I hate wolverine
CE Brendan Posted August 15, 2003 Posted August 15, 2003 Please, present and future parents... keep in mind that no matter how charming or clever an unusual name may sound to you, your child will have to live with this name for his or her entire life. Naming a boy "Matisse" is like tattooing "Please Beat Me Up" on his forehead. And the "last name as first name" trend for girls went out with the dot-com era. Please, no more little girls with first names like Campbell, MacKenzie, Schwartz, or McGillicuddy. Please read the very enlightening, and hilarious, website of INCH, the Institute for Naming Children Humanely, before you make a big mistake ! http://inch.stormpages.com/
BullnaChinaShop Posted August 15, 2003 Posted August 15, 2003 That name makes me think of Cedric the Entertainer. The name Cedric was created for a character in Ivanhoe (a book I highly recommend) by Sir Walter Scott. I think it is a really cool name but I would be more likely to name a dog that than a kid. It is just a name I really like. That INCH website is funny. :lol:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now