An Old School Catholic Message Board

Home Altar

KeenanParkerII

This is our home altar. It changes dramatically in each season.

Lenten Set Up:

San Damiano Cross (Available from Nelson Woodcraft: $200.00) (Never changes)
Bible Stand
Mary Queen of Peace
Fr. Haydock Bible & Commentary (Never changes)
Madonna Icon from Russia
Holy Family Votive
Incense
Children's Bible Stories

It's sitting on a $30.00 bookcase from Walmart.

[img]http://www.catecheticsonline.com/images/IMG_0824.JPG[/img]

JMJ
The icon and Cross are beautiful! I have to cover up our Crucifix with purple at some point...

Edited by Tridenteen

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='18 February 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1266544962' post='2059087']
This is our home altar. It changes dramatically in each season.

Lenten Set Up:

Bible Stand
Mary Queen of Peace
Madonna Icon from Russia
Holy Family Votive
Incense
Children's Bible Stories

[/quote]

Is that a predieu in front of the bookcase? Where did you get it? I found a website for a guy who makes them, but they are definitely pricey. I would love to find one that wasn't an arm and a leg.

KeenanParkerII

[quote]This is our home altar. It changes dramatically in each season.

Lenten Set Up:

Bible Stand
Mary Queen of Peace
Madonna Icon from Russia
Holy Family Votive
Incense
Children's Bible Stories

[/quote]

Can you adopt me? :saint:

yes it is, we have a lot of wood workers here in town and it was put up for sale for $60 at our church as part of a fundraiser. I bought it before they could even get a price sticker on it. You can purchase kneelers from Nelson Woodcraft for a reasonable price, but it is not in their catalogue, you have to call and talk to them directly.

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='18 February 2010 - 10:22 PM' timestamp='1266549752' post='2059190']
yes it is, we have a lot of wood workers here in town and it was put up for sale for $60 at our church as part of a fundraiser. I bought it before they could even get a price sticker on it. You can purchase kneelers from Nelson Woodcraft for a reasonable price, but it is not in their catalogue, you have to call and talk to them directly.
[/quote]

Awesome. Thanks for the info! :)

KeenanParkerII

[img]http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3829/snapshot20100221.jpg[/img]

I got a statue of Mary and an icon of St.Anastasius. = ] Plus, I just wanted to capture how the light was coming into the room lol.

Marie-Therese

[quote name='KeenanParkerII' date='21 February 2010 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1266793695' post='2060702']
[img]http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3829/snapshot20100221.jpg[/img]

I got a statue of Mary and an icon of St.Anastasius. = ] Plus, I just wanted to capture how the light was coming into the room lol.
[/quote]

Nice. After some cubby renovations and general rearranging I will try and post a picture of my place. :)

princessgianna

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='09 February 2010 - 02:19 AM' timestamp='1265699966' post='2054019']
[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/b8sg05.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]
that is so pretty!

We have a old wooden dry sink (which holds our rosaries and prayer cards) that is our "alter" that on top holds a 20 inch statue of the blessed lady. A first class relic of HH Pope Pius X is there, the blessed lady is surrounded by various statues and candles. Above we have a picture of the Sacred Heart. We gather around it to pray evening family rosary!

I use my dresser in my dorm as kind of an altar I guess you could say. I have my picture of Jesus, prayer books, open Bible, and rosaries there. I luuuuz being Catholic!

• 4 years later...
Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

The home is known as the domestic church. What church is complete without an alter. And i was lead to believe it used to be standard to have a crucifix on a wall in full view of someone entering the front door of your home. When i had my own apartment i had both. Though my alter was more a shrine with a few small icons and a place to leave my rosary ,bible and missal. I rarely prayed there though, on the odd occasion i did by myself or when a visitor wanted to pray or do a rosary with me. I also had a few larger icons on my lounge room wall and the apostles creed and another prayer on my toilet wall facing the toilet, oh and an icon of the holy mother and cross on the wall above my bed, and in my guest room a picture of a beach and palm trees at sunset with a psalm inscribed on it that said " from the rising of the sun to the place where it sets his name will be praised.". Sounds like overkill perhaps but all these things are great reminders of whose house it actually is, JESUS house. :)

I lost just about everything in my move back to my parents 2 years ago. :( To much baggage to carry.

God is Good.

No photos sorry. :( But AwE-sOmE alters everyone. Alleluia.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye