RandomProddy Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 [quote name='cathgirl' date='Apr 11 2004, 05:33 PM'] I :wub: phatmass!! Everyone has always been so kind to me here!! I've never been judged for what I believe or anything. There are so many people here that aren't Catholic and are treated just as friendly as those who are. This board is based on what Jesus taught, and one of the biggest is Respect. God bless!!! [/quote] This is true. Though I don't agree totally with the Catholic faith, I've come to learn most Catholics have their heart in the right place
NewReformation Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Apr 10 2004, 05:29 PM'] Because Homeschool mom is probably a weaker debater and they think they can convert her back. You two on the other hand would defend the Catholic faith adequately, your registrations were denied. [/quote] How do you know that? Furthermore, how do they know who is a good debater and who is not?
NewReformation Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 [quote name='ironmonk' date='Apr 10 2004, 06:27 PM'] They denied "ironmonk" so... I'm on there as Crossbarer... You can also do what I did and build a similar website [url="http://www.BaptistBoard.net"]http://www.BaptistBoard.net[/url] <--- it's a baptist board where Catholics will not be censored. I plan to do more when time allows... I might start advertising it as a gift for baptists from Catholics. God Bless, ironmonk [/quote] Hmmm...I was wondering who exactly had created that site. I could tell right off it wasn't a real Baptist site. Maybe it's just me, but it isn't very amusing to create a psuedo-denominational board with the intent of convering people. It's a deceptive practice.
NewReformation Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 [quote name='Ashley' date='Apr 11 2004, 04:05 PM'] In all seriousness, people at the Baptist Board are the most warm, good-natured people you are likely to meet. It's such a friendly, loving community. Which unfortunately is more than I can say of this board. [/quote] Riiiiiiigggghhhhtttt...and I'm an eight foot tall pygmy. Would you like me to show you some of the hate-filled emails I've gotten from women on that forum?
homeschoolmom Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 [quote name='NewReformation' date='Apr 12 2004, 06:38 AM'] How do you know that? Furthermore, how do they know who is a good debater and who is not? [/quote] Heehee... I'm afraid Brother Adam knows me too well. I'm not a good debator. He's protecting me... and I appreciate it. He knows what he's doing... and so do I. Thanks.
Joseph Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 Baptist Board just denied my registration I wonder why? Is it because I put on my form I was a [i]Catholic[/i] Christian?
GodsThespianChic Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 I was declined too...at this point, they are probably wondering why so many Catholics are trying to get on their board. Ashley, we never meant to be anything but welcoming to anyone, but when you condemn us all in your "Die, Catholics, Die" post, you weren't exactly welcoming anything good from us. We all are a very warm bunch and we welcome a lot of people. Please believe us when we say this. That's why we call everyone on here our "Phamily". Did you expect us to be like "Welcome Ashley, I hope you have a wonderful time here while telling us all to die?!" But, we are willing to forgive that outburst. What happened, happened. It's in the past.
HomeTeamFamily Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 while reading this post i had an idea....what if i, who would not post on baptistboard.com, were to register and then let someone who wants to post use my username and pword???? leave some input on this idea before i do it or not peace pham adam
Joseph Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 [quote]Good Morning, I'm an administrator at Baptist Board.com and need to clarify some info. You do not give a denomination and/ or name of your local church. We now need to know your religion and the name of your local church. Your church name doesn't have to be 'published' tho. Can you reply to this with that info? [/quote] I picked a different name and used another e-mail addy of mine when registering this time........For the religion question, I listed "Christianity". They sent me another e-mail besides this one and said I was accepted.....I wonder if I tell them where I go to Church if I will get kicked off? I thought this part of the email is the best.... [i]We need to know your religion[/i] ..........I already said it, Christianity!
DemonSlayer Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 (edited) So they deny registrations solely because on the basis of entering Catholicism as your religion? Edited April 12, 2004 by DemonSlayer
DemonSlayer Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 Funnily enough, my account was just accepted...
Brother Adam Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 [quote name='NewReformation' date='Apr 12 2004, 06:38 AM'] How do you know that? Furthermore, how do they know who is a good debater and who is not? [/quote] You'd be amazed what people with connections in high places know. I know I'm talking to a brick wall here, but I'll say it for the third time: I moderated on the BB in the past. I still know and speak with current moderators.
homeschoolmom Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Apr 12 2004, 03:13 PM'] You'd be amazed what people with connections in high places know. [/quote] God Himself told you I was not a good debator?
frozencell Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 Ashley, I have been on BB for a couple of months now. By the grace of God and His infinite mercy, somehow I haven't been kicked off yet! It's amazing because all I have posted is pro-Catholic stuff. And, to top it all off, I am posted under this name. Anyhow, if the BB is a happy little place full of former Disney smiley-face happy-goers, hen they must save all their grouches and rude antagonizers for the boards that aren't restricted to Baptists. Two members in specific, DHK and BobRyan, are especially willfully ignorant. But to all of those on here that can't get on or are trying to, I recommend not signing up under false pretenses or bragging about doing so. It doesn't do anything to help our cause over here or there. Also, if you can't get accepted, maybe you can find some comfort in knowing I'm there doing all I can to defend the True Church. Also, I'm not sure who posted it, but don't be afraid to research your answers before posting. They actually encourage that. I do that and have learned more than I ever thought, which just made my faith stronger. Take care. FrozenCell PS. This post will probably get me banned over there! HAHAHAHA... PSS. I AM NOW OFFICIALLY CATHOLIC!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!!!!! PSSS. Maybe Dust will make me a something other than a phatmasser for my work and hard efforts over on BB. *HINT HINT*
Brother Adam Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Apr 12 2004, 03:36 PM'] God Himself told you I was not a good debator? [/quote] You are really stuck on that aren't you? I'm sorry I said you aren't a good debater. I will say that they think they can get you back though
frozencell Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Apr 12 2004, 04:51 PM'] You are really stuck on that aren't you? I'm sorry I said you aren't a good debater. I will say that they think they can get you back though [/quote] An insider! How exciting!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA Anyhow...how's it going Brother? Nice to see you here, too! I haven't been able to get to BB as much lately, but I went today and it's looks kinda quiet on the "Other Religions" board. Are DHK and Bob hibernating?
DemonSlayer Posted April 13, 2004 Posted April 13, 2004 I don't think I'm gonna bother posting there though.
Catholic_4_Life Posted April 13, 2004 Posted April 13, 2004 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Apr 11 2004, 09:09 AM'] Yes, and it blows my mind that people are going hahaha, I'm being deceptive and signing up and I'm signing up as so and so. Geez. Well, now they know who you are and trust me they don't have any more respect for you after this thread. I'm a former moderator and keep in touch with several from the board. Please. I do know what goes on there. [/quote] I have to agree with Bro. Adam here...If you are being deceptive to get on their board, then what is the sense in doing it? If they do not want to accept you for being Catholic, then they have every right to deny you access. Sure, that may seem closed minded, but it is their right to do so. Let them be. Ashley, I think you need to see a movie that is out in theatres right now. One that is all about compassion and love. One that promotes loving your enemies as much as your friends. (Of course, the fact that you think we are enemies is a whole issue in itself) Anyway, it's called 'The Passion of the Christ', you ought to check it out. Peace and love of the Lord be with you all.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now