Nihil Obstat Posted May 30, 2010 Posted May 30, 2010 [quote name='SaintOfVirtue' date='29 May 2010 - 07:07 PM' timestamp='1275178078' post='2120380'] [img]http://revengeoftheinnergeek.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/yoda-400x30011.jpg[/img] [/quote] [img]http://www.ilovegkr.com/graphics/essays/history/kanazawa.jpg[/img]
SaintOfVirtue Posted May 30, 2010 Posted May 30, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='29 May 2010 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1275184185' post='2120456'] [img]http://www.ilovegkr.com/graphics/essays/history/kanazawa.jpg[/img] [/quote] [img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/2/2b/SaberClone.jpg[/img]
Nihil Obstat Posted May 30, 2010 Posted May 30, 2010 [quote name='SaintOfVirtue' date='29 May 2010 - 09:00 PM' timestamp='1275184822' post='2120460'] [img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/2/2b/SaberClone.jpg[/img] [/quote] [img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wXPRzoJftfo/SleetZeQUZI/AAAAAAAABQk/Wixksf3ht3g/s400/nishiyama+2.jpg[/img]
SaintOfVirtue Posted May 30, 2010 Posted May 30, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='29 May 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1275196913' post='2120601'] [img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wXPRzoJftfo/SleetZeQUZI/AAAAAAAABQk/Wixksf3ht3g/s400/nishiyama+2.jpg[/img] [/quote] [img]http://www.cswu.cz/epizoda-iii/images/yodapalpy/01.jpg[/img]
princessgianna Posted May 30, 2010 Posted May 30, 2010 [quote name='SaintOfVirtue' date='28 May 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1275108364' post='2120022'] I learned to drive from my Dad, who [s]was[/s] [i]is[/i] far more qualified than the stupid Drivers Ed Teacher the State required me to drive with. Anyways, he basically has forty years of what amounts to Bradley Assault Vehicle driver training and experience (the D.E. teacher has a piece of paper) and High Stress and Intensity Wild-land Vehicle Training (we call it something else but it might get modded here). So, when my dad started teaching me to drive we were in an old, beat up, dodge pick-up truck (stick shift) on a dirt road. My dad was driving and "briefing" me on the basics of driving. We were going about 25mph down this dirt road when he said, "By the time I let you drive on your own you will be able to do this." at the instant he finished that sentence he slammed on the clutch and break, threw it into reverse and started racing back up the dirt road at 25mph. IN REVERSE, without looking over his shoulder, just using his mirrors. I'm in the passenger seat thinking, "Hail Mary, full of grace..." Anyways, long story short, we own a Ford F-250, Diesel V8 Super-Duty. I am a very competent driver thanks to my dad, but being a "teenager" people don't trust me that much. I was working on a friends eagle scout project with him and had to drive myself (in the Ford F-250, Diesel V8 Super-Duty) down a narrow dirt road to get to the work site. It came time to leave and the adults started laughing to themselves, "there's no way he can turn that [i]thing [/i]around on this road" Yet low and behold, I started the roaring engine, pulled the parking break, put it in drive, and started moving forward. Fast as a wink I spun the wheel one way as far as possible, then before stopping spun it the other way as far as possible, threw it in reverse and executed a perfect full-tail, three point turn. I waived at the adults while they picked their jaws up off the floor. Thanks Dad. [/quote] That's awesome! LOL! I love it when you "wow" adults! Particulary liberal-minded adults. Those are the best!
SaintOfVirtue Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 [quote name='princessgianna' date='30 May 2010 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1275258724' post='2120819'] That's awesome! LOL! I love it when you "wow" adults! Particularly liberal-minded adults. Those are the best! [/quote] Now that you mention it, a few of 'em were liberals.
Nihil Obstat Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 [quote name='SaintOfVirtue' date='30 May 2010 - 03:02 PM' timestamp='1275249770' post='2120760'] [img]http://www.cswu.cz/epizoda-iii/images/yodapalpy/01.jpg[/img] [/quote] [img]http://www.gendai.org.uk/communities/6/004/006/037/146/images/4520422262.jpg[/img]
Nihil Obstat Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 [quote name='SaintOfVirtue' date='30 May 2010 - 07:43 PM' timestamp='1275266597' post='2120886'] [/quote] [img]http://staff.haas.berkeley.edu/barde/_public/karate_files/sensei4x6.JPG[/img]
SanctitasDeo Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 Hard to break up such a wonderful visual fight with mere words...oops.
Nihil Obstat Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 [quote name='SanctitasDeo' date='30 May 2010 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1275267294' post='2120905'] Hard to break up such a wonderful visual fight with mere words...oops. [/quote] [img]http://dailykarate.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/nishiyama.jpg[/img]
SaintOfVirtue Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 (edited) [img]http://www.sethpeters.com/specialforces.jpeg[/img] Edited May 31, 2010 by SaintOfVirtue
Nihil Obstat Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 [img]http://www.ikigaiway.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/chitose_rock2.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.martialedge.net/images/stories/yamaguchi-1.jpg[/img]
SaintOfVirtue Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 [img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Iraq-m1_abrams.jpg[/img]
SaintOfVirtue Posted June 3, 2010 Posted June 3, 2010 Nihil Obstat hasn't responded in 24 hours... does that mean I win?
Tridenteen Posted June 3, 2010 Posted June 3, 2010 [quote name='SaintOfVirtue' date='03 June 2010 - 04:50 PM' timestamp='1275601814' post='2123320'] Nihil Obstat hasn't responded in 24 hours... does that mean I win? [/quote] JMJ Jah.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now