An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hello New Friends

discerning_girl

discerning_girl

Hello, everyone! I am an 18-year-old "Catholic with complications" who has experienced the call to religious life. I came here hoping to get help with the discernment process.

My religious background is a patchwork quilt of different faiths, but I've come out of it a confirmed Catholic, and I might yet become a nun or sister. I am confused and vulnerable, just like everyone who is going through discernment. Please be nicer to me than the people at Catholic Answers were. Thank you.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='discerning_girl' date='19 February 2010 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1266634667' post='2059754']
Hello, everyone! I am an 18-year-old "Catholic with complications" who has experienced the call to religious life. I came here hoping to get help with the discernment process.

My religious background is a patchwork quilt of different faiths, but I've come out of it a confirmed Catholic, and I might yet become a nun or sister. I am confused and vulnerable, just like everyone who is going through discernment. Please be nicer to me than the people at Catholic Answers were. Thank you.
[/quote]

Hi. discerning_girl! :bye:

Welcome to PhatMass! :welcome: You will find many converts here (myself included) and a very wonderful and often humorous group of faithful Catholics. Make yourself at home! :D

Hope to see you posting in Vocation Station soon! (You need at least ten posts before you can post there.)

You have my prayers. :) :pray:

God bless,
lc

discerning_girl

Sorry guys - I didn't see that there was a sticky post for introductions! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/duh.gif[/img]

Welcome!

I hope we demonstrate greater charity than the other websites...sometimes we are rather fervent in our opinions tho.

Pax,

Veridicus

Marie-Therese

Welcome to Phatmass! :flowers:

I hope that your experience here will be as mine has been...warmly welcomed, loved and prayed for, supported in your vocational discernment (laetitia crucis is right to direct you to vocation station, you will find many likeminded there in the same process as you) and offered a great place to just be and meet lots of new, faithful Catholics. And Hassan. But don't worry, he plays nice when he wants to. :lol:

Prayers for your discernment. Pax Christi!

Edited by Marie-Therese

brandelynmarie
:welcome: There is a wealth of info & apologetics from the phatmassers here...We are all in differnt phases of life & discernment as Catholics...but we all love Him Who first loved us! I think you'll like it here...:blush:

I think it's probably safe to say, you get out of it what you put into it.

This is a great place to come for answers and to offer a humble opinion. Or you can come here daily as more of a social outlet, it really sort of depends on what you're looking for.

[quote name='discerning_girl' date='19 February 2010 - 09:57 PM' timestamp='1266634667' post='2059754']

[/quote]
I would not worry, its amazing what people will get mad at you over, just do not let it bother you. I feel you will meet the many who post here who are great peopleand have a great experience!

ed

[quote name='discerning_girl' date='19 February 2010 - 03:57 PM' timestamp='1266634667' post='2059754']

[/quote]

Welcome! My prayers for your discernment. Just be at peace whatever you encounter on the internet or in life. There will always be problems with people, just offer the difficult situations to God and don't allow it to bother you much. Do you have a spiritual director? That is one good way to help you in your search.
God bless,

S.