An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hello New Friends

discerning_girl

[quote name='discerning_girl' date='19 February 2010 - 08:57 PM' timestamp='1266634667' post='2059754']
Hello, everyone! I am an 18-year-old "Catholic with complications" who has experienced the call to religious life. I came here hoping to get help with the discernment process.

My religious background is a patchwork quilt of different faiths, but I've come out of it a confirmed Catholic, and I might yet become a nun or sister. I am confused and vulnerable, just like everyone who is going through discernment. Please be nicer to me than the people at Catholic Answers were. Thank you.
[/quote]
I'm not a fan of Catholic Answers. :) I will be your friend. :))

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

Some topics not to discuss....Modesty, Medjugore, Tattoos, and the Latin Mass vs New order of the Mass and many more. Unless of course you like to stir emotions :seesaw:

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='20 February 2010 - 02:44 PM' timestamp='1266698643' post='2060049']
Some topics not to discuss....Modesty, Medjugore, Tattoos, and the Latin Mass vs New order of the Mass and many more. Unless of course you like to stir emotions :seesaw:
[/quote]
Phatmass would be so boring if we didn't go at each other on hot button issues. :))

Domine ut Videam

[quote name='CatherineM' date='20 February 2010 - 06:05 PM' timestamp='1266707119' post='2060082']
Don't forget the death penalty and veiling at mass.
[/quote]

And women wearing pants

[quote name='CatherineM' date='20 February 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1266707119' post='2060082']
Don't forget the death penalty and veiling at mass.
[/quote]

Veiling!!?!??!?!?!? Perhaps we should postpone that explosive issue until she gets her bearings here! :saint:

Thy Geekdom Come

Welcome!

Most of us are very orthodox and traditional. Please remember that disagreements are not meant to be personal, but we all slip up there sometimes. Keep in mind that the person on the other side of the screen is a real person who may not be very good at showing online the kind of charity they mean to be using.

If you can keep all that in mind when you think we're being jerks, we'll get along okay.

God bless,

Micah

[quote name='Raphael' date='20 February 2010 - 07:49 PM' timestamp='1266709797' post='2060103']
Welcome!

Most of us are very orthodox and traditional. Please remember that disagreements are not meant to be personal, but we all slip up there sometimes. Keep in mind that the person on the other side of the screen is a real person who may not be very good at showing online the kind of charity they mean to be using.

If you can keep all that in mind when [s]you think[/s] we're being jerks, we'll get along okay.

God bless,

Micah
[/quote]

fixed

:)