Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Possibility Of New Diocese For Medjugorje?


Recommended Posts

Posted

+JMJ+
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/possibility_of_new_diocese_for_medjugorje_floated/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+catholicnewsagency%2Fdailynews+%28CNA+Daily+News%29

Following last week's announcement that a commission is being formed to investigate possible Marian apparitions at Medjugorje, a typically well-informed Vatican journalist has reported that a new diocese could be formed in the area to include the Bosnian city. Taking territory currently under the jurisdiction of three other dioceses, including Mostar, where Medjugorje is located, the diocese would “permit a better administration of the flow of pilgrims.”

Posted

Well it certainly isn't easy to get there where its located now.

Posted

Considering that the Vatican is probably going to shut this "apparition" down, I'd say better directing the flow of pilgrims is the least of their concern.

Posted

[quote name='Formosus' date='23 March 2010 - 07:07 PM' timestamp='1269385669' post='2078621']
Considering that the Vatican is probably going to shut this "apparition" down, I'd say better directing the flow of pilgrims is the least of their concern.
[/quote]

Never been there bud?

Posted

Going and having a positive spiritual experience does not prove its validity, it only proves that you made use of the Sacraments.

Posted

[quote name='Formosus' date='23 March 2010 - 07:07 PM' timestamp='1269385669' post='2078621']
Considering that the Vatican is probably going to shut this "apparition" down, I'd say better directing the flow of pilgrims is the least of their concern.
[/quote]
WE HAVE A VATICAN INSIDER ON PHATMASS!!!

Posted

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='24 March 2010 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1269406447' post='2078836']
Going and having a positive spiritual experience does not prove its validity, it only proves that you made use of the Sacraments.
[/quote]

Very true. However coming to the conclusions that Vatican will shut it down and the apparitions are fake are usually a good sign that the person has never been there.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='hot stuff' date='24 March 2010 - 01:02 AM' timestamp='1269406935' post='2078841']
Very true. However coming to the conclusions that Vatican will shut it down and the apparitions are fake are usually a good sign that the person has never been there.
[/quote]

I agree that one should not conclude that the apparitions are fake, but I also don't believe one should promote them. Private apparitions should be avoided until approved by the Vatican, especially private apparitions with so much controversy surrounding them.

And yes, avoidance means among other things not making pilgrimages there.

Edited by aalpha1989
Posted

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='24 March 2010 - 01:04 AM' timestamp='1269407097' post='2078843']
I agree that one should not conclude that the apparitions are fake, but I also don't believe one should promote them. Private apparitions should be avoided until approved by the Vatican, especially private apparitions with so much controversy surrounding them.

And yes, avoidance means among other things not making pilgrimages there.
[/quote]

I very much respect that opinion. I don't agree with it but its a thoughtful and measured opinion.

Posted

[quote name='hot stuff' date='24 March 2010 - 01:07 AM' timestamp='1269407237' post='2078844']
I very much respect that opinion. I don't agree with it but its a thoughtful and measured opinion.
[/quote]

ok. :)

God Conquers
Posted

[quote name='notardillacid' date='24 March 2010 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1269406710' post='2078837']
WE HAVE A VATICAN INSIDER ON PHATMASS!!!
[/quote]

oh dude, that was the best.

My first laugh in real life moment since rediscovering the phorum.

Thank you.

Posted

[quote name='hot stuff' date='23 March 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1269406935' post='2078841']
Very true. However coming to the conclusions that Vatican will shut it down and the apparitions are fake are [b]usually a good sign that the person has never been there.[/b]
[/quote]

I disagree with the bolded a lot.

God Conquers
Posted

[quote name='Slappo' date='24 March 2010 - 02:15 PM' timestamp='1269454516' post='2079129']
I disagree with the bolded a lot.
[/quote]

Why?

HisChildForever
Posted

We must wait for the Church to decide. It is dangerous to believe that the apparitions are of God, just as it is dangerous to believe that the apparitions are of the Devil.

HisChildForever
Posted (edited)

^ I fear that many who have already "decided" that Medjugorje is true will reject the Church should She condemn the place, and we will see something like Bayside.

Oops, "reject the Church" as in rejecting Her condemnation of Medjugorje. That was not too clear.

Edited by HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Slappo' date='24 March 2010 - 02:15 PM' timestamp='1269454516' post='2079129']
I disagree with the bolded a lot.
[/quote]

why? Its not a judgment. its an observation.

Posted

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='23 March 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1269407097' post='2078843']
I agree that one should not conclude that the apparitions are fake, but I also don't believe one should promote them. Private apparitions should be avoided until approved by the Vatican, especially private apparitions with so much controversy surrounding them.

And yes, avoidance means among other things not making pilgrimages there.
[/quote]
+JMJ+
well said. :)

Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='24 March 2010 - 03:42 PM' timestamp='1269459759' post='2079172']
We must wait for the Church to decide. It is dangerous to believe that the apparitions are of God, just as it is dangerous to believe that the apparitions are of the Devil.
[/quote]

Of course we have to wait for the Church to decide.

However (and folks forget this all the time) you cannot point to one single approved apparition site that wasn't visited by thousands of people prior to the approval of the Church.

There were 70,000 people that were at the last apparition in Fatima in 1917. There were hundreds of thousands of pilgrims prior to the Church's approval 13 years later.

Posted

[quote name='hot stuff' date='24 March 2010 - 12:54 PM' timestamp='1269460498' post='2079181']
Of course we have to wait for the Church to decide.

However (and folks forget this all the time) you cannot point to one single approved apparition site that wasn't visited by thousands of people prior to the approval of the Church.

There were 70,000 people that were at the last apparition in Fatima in 1917. There were hundreds of thousands of pilgrims prior to the Church's approval 13 years later.
[/quote]
+JMJ+
and Our Lady of Kibeho. :)

Posted

[quote name='Lil Red' date='24 March 2010 - 03:57 PM' timestamp='1269460663' post='2079185']
+JMJ+
and Our Lady of Kibeho. :)
[/quote]

exactly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...