An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Least Inspiring Vocation Quote Ever

vee

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' date='09 April 2010 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1270782232' post='2089728']
[size="3"]Whaaaaattt[/size]?? I cant hear you over [s]your white socks & sandals[/s] the sound of how awesome you are. :mellow:
[/quote]

fixed.

:P

:rolling:

Edited by laetitia crucis

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' date='09 April 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1270782510' post='2089730']
Theres a time for some recreational bunchie huntin` too :P

[img]http://extra.listverse.com/amazon/nuns/nunsguns.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

[img]http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/laetitia_crucis/Bunchies/bunchieworried.jpg[/img]

[IMG]http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/laetitia_crucis/Bunchies/bunchienowai.jpg[/IMG]

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I wonder if they get these 'vocation quotes' from a large database of strange and hard to relate to quotes that discreetly inspire vocations. We've had them in our bulletins for years and they have actually recently disappeared. I kinda miss them. I found a lot of them hilarious and often bewildering. It did get me thinking though.

(It's nice to see VS being invaded by bunchies... <_<)

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='09 April 2010 - 09:29 AM' timestamp='1270823357' post='2089923']

[/quote]
Many Bunchies are discerning vocations for religious Bunchie-orders such as the "Little Sisters of Flabby Green Resurrection", the "Brothers of St Thomas-who-loved-Bunchies", "Brothers of Awkward Galloping", and "Sisters of Our Lady of Bunches O' Bunchies".
Bunchies are especially attracted to active orders that allow them to better serve the secular communities that have for so long rejected them out of hate. They want nothing more than to give to those to reject them.

:mellow:

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='10 April 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1270823357' post='2089923']
[/quote]

Yes, Im sooo thrilled :mellow: :tumbleweed:

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='09 April 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1270817156' post='2089870']
fixed.

:P

[/quote]

:lol: sorry sis your awesomeness ends where your socks begin. [size="1"]Luckily its a long habit and no one will really notice.
[/size]

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' date='10 April 2010 - 02:55 AM' timestamp='1270878935' post='2090339']
:lol: sorry sis your awesomeness ends where your socks begin. [size="1"]Luckily its a long habit and no one will really notice.
[/size]
[/quote]

:sadwalk:

Dominicans are supposedly known for being "practical" -- I can't help but ask, how on earth are WHITE SOCKS with sandals remotely [i]practical[/i]? :lol:

:scratchhead:

Also, I would hope it's a long habit that covers those white socks. :hehehe: Perhaps one that nearly sweeps the floor. :smokey:

[size="1"]P.S. -- My awesomeness would also stop as soon as one saw the multitude of stains on the habit. :shock: :weep: Pasta sauce loves me. As does oil. :sadder: Somehow, on the day of investiture when I received my white veil with my former community, I got a spot of pasta sauce on the "band" part of my veil.... how does that happen??? :blush: [/size]

brandelynmarie

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='09 April 2010 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1270834325' post='2090011']
Many Bunchies are discerning vocations for religious Bunchie-orders such as the "Little Sisters of Flabby Green Resurrection", the "Brothers of St Thomas-who-loved-Bunchies", "Brothers of Awkward Galloping", and "Sisters of Our Lady of Bunches O' Bunchies".
Bunchies are especially attracted to active orders that allow them to better serve the secular communities that have for so long rejected them out of hate. They want nothing more than to give to those to reject them.

:mellow:
[/quote]

:lol_roll: Sooo...are they designing a habit with veil? Or will they remain au natural? What on earth goes with lime jello green?

Edited by brandelynmarie

laetitia crucis

[quote name='brandelynmarie' date='10 April 2010 - 04:21 PM' timestamp='1270927302' post='2090528']
:lol_roll: Sooo...are they designing a habit with veil? Or will they remain au natural? What on earth goes with lime jello green?
[/quote]

I am sure this is the habit Ignatius would prefer for all the bunchies: :paperbag:

:sadder:

Personally, I think they'd look splendid in advent-violet. :)) Hahaaha!

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='10 April 2010 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1270927650' post='2090532']
I am sure this is the habit Ignatius would prefer for all the bunchies: [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/paperbag.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/sadder.gif[/img]

Personally, I think they'd look splendid in advent-violet. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/D.gif[/img] Hahaaha!
[/quote]

Wait, I've been misunderstood!!!! I am PRO-Bunchie. (Look at my Avatar--even the Queen loves Bunchies.)

It is ONLY for Salty that I would prefer the [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/paperbag.gif[/img] veil, out of charity for others, who are not yet used to her appearance. Our society tends to put a lot of weight on how someone (something?) looks. For all we know, Salty may be extremely wise, holy, and a future candidate for sainthood, but many people would not be able to get beyond her outward appearance to find this out.

As for Bunchies, I would vote for a veil, if only because it might be a way we could FINALLY tell the girl Bunchies from the boy Bunchies. Either black or white would be tasteful. Pesonally, I would prefer white over black--although I understand the reason that many (most?) professed religious who wear the habit wear black veils after their first vows. Either white or black would provide a nice contrast to bright green, and would highlight Bunchie's natural "enthusiastic" color.

As for an "advent-Violet" veil for Bunchies, after our eyes recovered, it might be a option we would grow to like. Personally, I enjoy "cheerful" habits for those in religious life, so that their witness to others is that they are happy, not dour and against anything that could be fun and joyful. (Unfortunately, the latter is the view of MANY (most?) non-Catholics.) I think Sisters/nuns who are truly happy and fulfillled by their life are the best witness against those who would condemn (or just don't understand) the religious life.

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

laetitia crucis

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='10 April 2010 - 05:15 PM' timestamp='1270930532' post='2090555']
Wait, I've been misunderstood!!!! I am PRO-Bunchie. (Look at my Avatar--even the Queen loves Bunchies.)

It is ONLY for Salty that I would prefer the [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/paperbag.gif[/img] veil, out of charity for others, who are not yet used to her appearance. Our society tends to put a lot of weight on how someone (something?) looks. For all we know, Salty may be extremely wise, holy, and a future candidate for sainthood, but many people would not be able to get beyond her outward appearance to find this out.

As for Bunchies, I would vote for a veil, if only because it might be a way we could FINALLY tell the girl Bunchies from the boy Bunchies. Either black or white would be tasteful. Pesonally, I would prefer white over black--although I understand the reason that many (most?) professed religious who wear the habit wear black veils after their first vows. Either white or black would provice a nice contrast to bright green, and would highlight Bunchie's natural "enthusiastic" color.

As for an "advent-Violet" veil for Bunchies, after our eyes recovered, it might be a option we would grow to like. Personally, I enjoy "cheerful" habits for those in religious life, so that their witness to others is that they are happy, not dour and against anything that could be fun and joyful. (Unfortunately, the latter is the view of MANY (most?) non-Catholics.) I think Sisters/nuns who are truly happy and fulfillled by their life are the best witness against those who would condemn (or just don't understand) the religious life.
[/quote]

You are right, Ignatius -- you are PRO-BUNCHIE! :woot: My apologies for the misunderstanding. :grouphug:

And I'm also with you on this one -- girl bunchies need happy habits! Their green-ness naturally makes me think of Ordinary Time. Therefore, I think white habits would be a nice match, liturgically speaking. ;) White is a the color worn on non-martyr feast days. :woot:

And well, I think you are probably right about Salty and the public reaction to her, too. :weep: In time, perhaps all will come to love her. :pray:

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='10 April 2010 - 10:26 PM' timestamp='1270902364' post='2090370']

[size="1"]P.S. -- My awesomeness would also stop as soon as one saw the multitude of stains on the habit. :shock: :weep: Pasta sauce loves me. As does oil. :sadder: Somehow, on the day of investiture when I received my white veil with my former community, I got a spot of pasta sauce on the "band" part of my veil.... how does that happen??? :blush: [/size]
[/quote]

:shock: :lol: yeah thats a pretty unusual spot to get sauce! At least its not bird poo as I heard Mother Angelica talk about on one of her show reruns. She was accepting an honorary doctorate at some university when the sister that was with her told her that a bird had pooped on the top of her veil. They went to the washroom but it wouldnt come out, so she had a damp veil with bird poo on it to greet people in. :o

I just realized Pope Benedict wears white socks with a white habit and since I think he is 100% awesomeness I must then say anyone else who wears white socks with a white habit is also 100% awesome, footwear included. :twothumbsup:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' date='10 April 2010 - 10:03 PM' timestamp='1270947827' post='2090721']
:shock: :lol: yeah thats a pretty unusual spot to get sauce! At least its not bird poo as I heard Mother Angelica talk about on one of her show reruns. She was accepting an honorary doctorate at some university when the sister that was with her told her that a bird had pooped on the top of her veil. They went to the washroom but it wouldnt come out, so she had a damp veil with bird poo on it to greet people in. :o

I just realized Pope Benedict wears white socks with a white habit and since I think he is 100% awesomeness I must then say anyone else who wears white socks with a white habit is also 100% awesome, footwear included. :twothumbsup:
[/quote]

I think I saw that same Mother Angelica show! I must admit, I laughed and groaned all at once. :lol:

I remember once while going door-to-door for a parish mission in the Spring time, I was walking between houses and [I]SPLAT![/I] -- right on top of my very brightly blue-veiled head -- a bird poo[i][/i]ped on me! The lady that we had just talked to was coming out of her house to get into her car saw the whole thing. It was HILARIOUS! Bless her heart, she gave me a wet tissue to clean it off, but that didn't help as much as I had hoped. I ended up going to lunch with a lovely green spot on top of my head. :blush: :rolling:

And Pope Benedict -- you make a very good point. :twothumbsup: :yahoo:

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='10 April 2010 - 08:09 PM' timestamp='1270948178' post='2090722']
I think I saw that same Mother Angelica show! I must admit, I laughed and groaned all at once. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol.gif[/img]

I remember once while going door-to-door for a parish mission in the Spring time, I was walking between houses and [i]SPLAT![/i] -- right on top of my very brightly blue-veiled head -- a bird pooped on me! The lady that we had just talked to was coming out of her house to get into her car saw the whole thing. It was HILARIOUS! Bless her heart, she gave me a wet tissue to clean it off, but that didn't help as much as I had hoped. I ended up going to lunch with a lovely green spot on top of my head. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blush.gif[/img] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif[/img]

And Pope Benedict -- you make a very good point. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/twothumbsup.gif[/img] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Does Pope Benedict wear white socks with sandals? Or with some type of shoes? And, what color are the shoes?

Also, one of the many differences between Pope Benedict and your average Dominican sister/nun is that, as I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong), the Pope has a group of sisters who take care of all his domestic needs, such as cleaning, laundry, etc. My guess is that the Pope's white socks are always spotless!!! In contrast, each Dominican sister/nun does not have a personal maid whose primary responsibility is to clean for them, do laundry etc, so their white socks are less likely to be perfectly white. Not to mention that classrooms tend to get dirty/messy.

How I feel about white socks from a fashion perspective depends on the type of shoes they are worn with. However, since the Pope is the Pope, he is free to set his own "fashion rules." He always seems very well-dressed to me.

And, my guess is that no self-respecting Italian/Vatican bird would be so disrespectful as to leave a "calling card" on the Pope.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='11 April 2010 - 01:06 AM' timestamp='1270958779' post='2090789']
Does Pope Benedict wear white socks with sandals? Or with some type of shoes? And, what color are the shoes?

Also, one of the many differences between Pope Benedict and your average Dominican sister/nun is that, as I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong), the Pope has a group of sisters who take care of all his domestic needs, such as cleaning, laundry, etc. My guess is that the Pope's white socks are always spotless!!! In contrast, each Dominican sister/nun does not have a personal maid whose primary responsibility is to clean for them, do laundry etc, so their white socks are less likely to be perfectly white. Not to mention that classrooms tend to get dirty/messy.

How I feel about white socks from a fashion perspective depends on the type of shoes they are worn with. However, since the Pope is the Pope, he is free to set his own "fashion rules." He always seems very well-dressed to me.

And, my guess is that no self-respecting Italian/Vatican bird would be so disrespectful as to leave a "calling card" on the Pope.
[/quote]

:lol:

I've seen the pope wear black shoes (though I can't seem to find any pictures), and the ever-famous RED Prada shoes! :hehe:

[img]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_02/popeFM2304_228x536.jpg[/img]

Hmmm... :scratchhead: ...and I don't know if I've ever seen pictures of him wearing sandals.