An Old School Catholic Message Board

Receiving Jesus In The Hand...not A Good Idea

alrichey53091

HisChildForever

[quote name='Lil Red' date='21 April 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1271908251' post='2097751']
cause that would be like the pot calling the kettle black.
[/quote]

This wasn't fair.

[quote name='Rebecca2009' date='22 April 2010 - 09:20 AM' timestamp='1271942434' post='2097945']
[b]Different bread altogether. That was before He consecrated the bread and the cup and gave it to His disciples.[/b]

And we receive teaching from the tradition of the church And the scriptures. St. Paul talked about this.
[/quote]

It is after and not before. Okay. So you have to read it again. See Luke 22:19-23.

[b]19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."

20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you. 21 [b]But the hand of him who is going to betray me is with mine on the table.[/b] 22 The Son of Man will go as it has been decreed, but woe to that man who betrays him." 23 They began to question among themselves which of them it might be who would do this.[/b]

What is the meaning of '[b]But the hand of him who is going to betray me is with mine on the table'[/b] if not '[b]one who dips bread into the bowl with me[/b] in Mark 14ff' ?

Edited by reyb

[quote name='Rebecca2009' date='22 April 2010 - 09:20 AM' timestamp='1271942434' post='2097945']
Different bread altogether. That was before He consecrated the bread and the cup and gave it to His disciples.

[b]And we receive teaching from the tradition of the church And the scriptures. St. Paul talked about this.[/b]
[/quote]

It seems you are trying to say that Jesus gave this bread in the tongue of his disciples. Can you show me in the scripture (because you said '[b][i]St. Paul talked about this'[/i].[/b])

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='22 April 2010 - 12:29 PM' timestamp='1271953765' post='2098053']
Reyb, this thread is not the place for your nonsense.
[/quote]

okay. I am out. :sweat: