An Old School Catholic Message Board

Facebook Prayer

Lilllabettt

KnightofChrist

Tasteless and not even original... the same "joke" was written by a teachers union in New Jeresy, instead they used the NJ Governor. Looks like someone just replaced Chris Christie's name with Obama's

"Dear lord,' this year you have taken away my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze, my favorite actress, Farrah Fawcett, my favorite singer, Michael Jackson, and my favorite salesman, Billy Mays. I just wanted to let you know that Chris Christie is my favorite governor."

Source:http://wcbstv.com/local/governor.christie.union.2.1621917.html

very tasteless. im sure the polish people who just lost their president and all them dont feel very good about this sort of thing.

i never respected Bush very much at all. i thought he was incompetant and had his hand in many evil things. but i never actually hoped he died. called to account for crimes, or fired, yeah ok. dead, not at all.

dominicansoul

[quote name='missionseeker' date='23 April 2010 - 10:52 PM' timestamp='1272077549' post='2098967']
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=121236781223275&ref=ts
[/quote]

I wouldn't join the group at this link either....seems to be an obama support group...and I don't support barrack obama...

Dear Lord,

My favorite basketball team is the Orlando Magic, and they lost the NBA championship. My favorite baseball team is the Phillies, and they lost. My favorite hockey team is the Red Wings, and they lost...

:mellow:

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='23 April 2010 - 08:13 PM' timestamp='1272068015' post='2098882']
It's one thing to disagree with, or not support President Obama. It's quite another to wish the President dead. Tasteless, at best.
[/quote]

Agreed. President Theodore Roosevelt had the following to say after his own Administration was over:

[quote] "The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."

"Roosevelt in the Kansas City Star", 149
May 7, 1918[/quote]

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='23 April 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1272069034' post='2098885']
isn't wishing the President dead, publicly like that ... a good way to get the Secret Service in your business?
[/quote]

Quite. During the Bush Administration I was at a conference where a Secret Service agent apologized for being so tired during his presentation. Two nights before he had been called at home at 3am to go interview people at a bar after a drunken man made threats against President Bush's life and started talking about how to...do the deed, as it were.

missionseeker

It's not. There are several people on there who state that they are not supporters of Obama's policies, but that they think that prayer is in poor taste at best.

I am not a fan of this group, but I am also not a fan of the group "Petition to remove facebook group praying for President Obama's death". I mean "fan" in both a literal and in a more figurative sense.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='BG45' date='24 April 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1272079760' post='2099003']
Quite. During the Bush Administration I was at a conference where a Secret Service agent apologized for being so tired during his presentation. Two nights before he had been called at home at 3am to go interview people at a bar after a drunken man made threats against President Bush's life and started talking about how to...do the deed, as it were.
[/quote]

I somehow doubt if having this on facebook merits a visit from Homeland Security. If it said President Bush, I'm sure the reaction for many people would be quite different and it would be all over FB without a thought.

Ephrem Augustine

Good thing I haven't noticed it. I don't think many people I know cared much about Farah Fawcett, Patrick Swayze, or Michael Jackson. Well maybe MJ, Idk.
I'm not surprised they didn't blame their deaths on global warming.