An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arizona Immigration Bill

Vincent Vega

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Enforces federal law. Nothing Nazi about it. Fear mongers and Mexico are scaring illegal immigrants out of state. Bill is working before the first police boot hits the street.

Politicians will feign concern for the safety and welfare of illegal immigrants, but they are just worried about votes and lost tax revenue.

Edited by kamiller42

I think Arizona is fighting against an inequity. A few states bear the major burden of illegal immigration and federal policies. I'm an immigrant, and the grandchild of immigrants. They came to the US legally, and I followed the rules in immigrating to Canada. I'm a member of an immigration forum, and every now and then someone comes on to say they are moving to Canada like it was just another state. When we tell them you can't just up and move to Canada on a whim without going through the process, waiting in line, paying fees, etc., they are usually shocked and indignant. Sovereign countries have the right to decide who they let in. If you don't follow the law, you have by definition broken the law. In the interest of full disclosure, I should say that I have helped illegal immigrants in the past. Almost all were eligible under immigration law for legal status, but just hadn't done the paperwork yet. The exceptions were women who had been trafficked across the border for the purpose of sexual exploitation. I have no guilt over helping them.

I think the law is a good thing. The law as it is written does not allow for the random stopping of hispanics or any other race of people just to check their legal status, the law requires the police to check the legal status of all those they have legally stopped. This means that if you have broken a law already, they check you to see if you are breaking any other laws, its kind of like when the police stops Mr. or Mrs White/Black/Brown American or whatever who has run a red light or stole a video from walmart or threw a beer bottle through a mirror while engaged in a bar fight and asks them for their identification, then they go to their radio and call in to see if you have any outstanding warrants on you. I guess they feel that if you have broken the law already you should be checked out to see if you have broken it by just being here, and if so arrange for your return to your place of birth and residence as they probably miss you haunting the jail cells back home anyway.

ed

"show me your papers."

where have i heard that before?

Leviticus 19:33-34

[sup]33[/sup] " 'When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. [sup]34[/sup] The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Edited by Jesus_lol

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='30 April 2010 - 01:47 AM' timestamp='1272606477' post='2102543']
"show me your papers."

[sup]33[/sup] " 'When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. [sup]34[/sup] The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.
[/quote]
Lev. 19:19:
" 'Keep my decrees.
" 'Do not mate different kinds of animals.
" 'Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.
" 'Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material."

19:26:
" 'Do not eat any meat with the blood still in it. "

19:27-28
" 'Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.
'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD."

Could be one of those old law/new law things.

Just saying.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='29 April 2010 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1272610501' post='2102554']
If the individual is a United States citizen then he (or she) has nothing to worry about.
[/quote]

one could take the same stance on no knock police home invasions without warrants. if the person inside is innocent then they have nothing to worry about.:rolleyes:

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='30 April 2010 - 12:59 AM' timestamp='1272603572' post='2102528']
It is now racist to believe in sovereignty.
[/quote]

This straw man makes me sad. It's like you didn't even really try :sadder:

dominicansoul

I'm hispanic, and although I agree 100% with this law, I also know that it can cause A LOT of problems for hispanics in the state...

...if you don't think police will just stop you for being brown, well, it's cause you haven't walked in our shoes...

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='30 April 2010 - 01:47 AM' timestamp='1272606477' post='2102543']
"show me your papers."

[/quote]
Canadien border patrol

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='30 April 2010 - 09:16 AM' timestamp='1272633364' post='2102580']
I'm hispanic, and although I agree 100% with this law, I also know that it can cause A LOT of problems for hispanics in the state...

...if you don't think police will just stop you for being brown, well, it's cause you haven't walked in our shoes...
[/quote]
The loudmouth left want you to be afraid. It's a way to build a coalition against illegal immigration enforcement. Their intent is to scare even those who have nothing to worry about. You will see many of them take to the streets thinking they're next.

I have been stopped a couple of times by police for nothing I did. I don't think it's a race thing like it was in the past.

dominicansoul

[quote name='kamiller42' date='30 April 2010 - 10:38 AM' timestamp='1272638327' post='2102597']
The loudmouth left want you to be afraid. It's a way to build a coalition against illegal immigration enforcement. Their intent is to scare even those who have nothing to worry about. You will see many of them take to the streets thinking they're next.

I have been stopped a couple of times by police for nothing I did. I don't think it's a race thing like it was in the past.
[/quote]

i don't need the loudmouth left to convince me that I'm going to be racially profiled by law enforcers. I've had enough of that in my life to know that there are those in law enforcement who follow the ideals, and then there are those in law enforcement who follow their own idiotic impulses...extreme racism still exists in our society...

That happens with or without these types of bills...just seems that now it's going to make it more legit to racially profile innocent, law-abiding, american citizens...

Honestly, what arizona needs to do is punish all the wealthy people who hire illegals for cheap, cheap labor. If the illegals didn't have work to do here in the States, they would go back to Mexico and try to make something of their own country...

[/quote]
I believe the inability to do that is the problem.