Rebecca2009 Posted May 5, 2010 Posted May 5, 2010 I love this one~ [img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7682/24792434959434967723884.jpg[/img] please post yours!
dominicansoul Posted May 5, 2010 Posted May 5, 2010 [img]http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Kissing-the-Face-of-God-christianity-502400_360_481.jpg[/img]
Nihil Obstat Posted May 6, 2010 Posted May 6, 2010 [img]http://www.udayton.edu/mary/gallery/exhibits/japan12.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.udayton.edu/mary/gallery/exhibits/japan2.jpg[/img]
Nunsense Posted May 6, 2010 Posted May 6, 2010 (edited) [img]http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/nunsense/phatmass%20photos/drawingofmary.jpg[/img] This drawing was done by Mother Mary of Jesus, foundress of 33 Carmels in the UK. Edited May 6, 2010 by nunsense
Luigi Posted May 6, 2010 Posted May 6, 2010 (edited) Mater Admirabilis, in the Trinita, in Rome; see: http://www.rscjinternational.org/spirituality-publicmenu-36/seasons-of-prayer-publicmenu-37/119-intros/2402-mater-admirabilis.html Edited May 6, 2010 by Luigi
mommas_boy Posted May 6, 2010 Posted May 6, 2010 "A quiet moment" [img]http://www.catholichomeandgarden.com/images/Nativities/A%20Quiet%20Moment%20Nativity%20Statue.jpg[/img]
Cherie Posted May 6, 2010 Posted May 6, 2010 Great thread! It's so hard to choose! But here are some I like: [img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jWduGxiECYU/S6TC5wTpyEI/AAAAAAAABQY/mla-_44FCT8/s400/blessed_mother.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.jesus-christ-channel.com/images/Mary-baby-Jesus.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.sophiainstitute.com/client/email_ads/email_images/madonna-and-child-g.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.cfl-sacramento.org/images/classicmarychild.jpg[/img] [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_EC-ucyNfO8w/R94tGiO1eCI/AAAAAAAAAig/hocMAFCN-v8/S249/mary+and+baby+jesus.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.sjmililani.com/images/Madonna%20&%20Child.jpg[/img] There's also one that used to be my avatar that I think is my absolute favorite picture of Our Lady and the Child Jesus - I nicknamed it "A Mother's Love" because it's so tender. I think right now I especially gravitate towards pictures of Our Lady and the Child Jesus, most especially those in which our Lady snuggles close to the baby Jesus. Since I'm a first-time expectant mom, I really relate well to those pictures. I cannot WAIT to cuddle with my beautiful little baby when he's born, and the love I feel for this child is so overwhelming and overflowing, I can only imagine the sentiments of Our Lady who was not only without sin, but could snuggle close to a Child Who was GOD!!! How amazing must that have been!
Rebecca2009 Posted May 6, 2010 Author Posted May 6, 2010 Oh, these are all so beautiful. Wow.... Here is another one I like very much~I don't know where this statue is, but it is breathtaking! [url="javascript:void(0);"] [img]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff278/Amylisa_photos/5369_142514139967_723884967_3323666.jpg?t=1273148658[/img] [/url] [url="javascript:void(0);"] [img]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff278/Amylisa_photos/eucharist.jpg?t=1273148801[/img] [/url]
laetitia crucis Posted May 6, 2010 Posted May 6, 2010 I love [i]L'Innocence[/i]! (That was actually the picture I was going to post -- hahaha!) Here's the full image: [img]http://www.wikiwak.com/image/Bouguereau-Linnocence.jpg[/img] I love how gentle, tender, and serene it is. I always think of Our Lady as "my" Sweet Mother... at least this is how I've always addressed her. This image seems to capture her sweetness well for me. As does this other one that CM posted: [img]http://www.sophiainstitute.com/client/email_ads/email_images/madonna-and-child-g.jpg[/img] Maria, Mater Dulcissima -- Ora Pro Nobis!
Cherie Posted May 6, 2010 Posted May 6, 2010 I know this statue is often heavily associated with Medjugorje, and while personally Medjugorje doesn't quite sit well with me, still I do all I can to "disassociate it" because I love the look of the statue so much. I love it, though, because Our Lady looks so [i]motherly[/i] ... I call it Mary's matronly statue. I feel like running up to her and giving her a hug! [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6GJqe6_dkd0/SikcpzL-aII/AAAAAAAAEUI/K-kZ0TLnXKA/s400/Statue_3634_d.jpg[/img] [img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2310/2319739845_b261abb76c.jpg?v=0[/img]
Rebecca2009 Posted May 6, 2010 Author Posted May 6, 2010 [img]http://http.cdnlayer.com/cf/images/smilies/swoon.gif[/img] Absolutely breathtaking.
Rebecca2009 Posted May 6, 2010 Author Posted May 6, 2010 (edited) I think this one is so sweet. [IMG]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff278/Amylisa_photos/Virgin_Mary_Mother_of_God.jpg[/IMG] Edited May 6, 2010 by Rebecca2009
Rebecca2009 Posted May 6, 2010 Author Posted May 6, 2010 [IMG]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff278/Amylisa_photos/MaryasQueen.jpg[/IMG]
SoonerCatholic Posted May 6, 2010 Posted May 6, 2010 [img]http://thepracticingcatholic.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/immaculate-heart.jpg[/img][img]http://webspace.webring.com/people/nm/mariangroup/marysheart2.jpg[/img] The first one is on the cover of our copy of [i]Secret of the Rosary [/i]by St. Louis de Montfort. The second one I found when making a powerpoint explaining the Assumption. I think it's incredibly beautiful.
Rebecca2009 Posted May 6, 2010 Author Posted May 6, 2010 The one on the right is one of my favorites!
Tridenteen Posted May 6, 2010 Posted May 6, 2010 [img]http://materdeitours.com/our%20lady.jpg[/img] JMJ This one, well you all know Our Lady of Jasna Gora...my heritage! And this is Our Lady of Gyor [img]http://homepage.eircom.net/~clonfert/gyor6.jpg[/img]
Selah Posted May 6, 2010 Posted May 6, 2010 [img]http://campus.udayton.edu/mary//RC/Chinalady.JPG[/img]
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted May 6, 2010 Posted May 6, 2010 (edited) [quote name='dominicansoul' date='05 May 2010 - 06:41 PM' timestamp='1273102918' post='2105601'] [img]http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Kissing-the-Face-of-God-christianity-502400_360_481.jpg[/img] [/quote] [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='05 May 2010 - 10:52 PM' timestamp='1273117930' post='2105711'] [img]http://www.udayton.edu/mary/gallery/exhibits/japan12.jpg[/img] [/quote] [quote name='mommas_boy' date='06 May 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1273123782' post='2105745'] "A quiet moment" [img]http://www.catholichomeandgarden.com/images/Nativities/A%20Quiet%20Moment%20Nativity%20Statue.jpg[/img] [/quote] Of the pictures posted so far, I like these three the best. I especially like the last one, because there are so many pictures of Mary and Jesus, that sometimes I forget about Joseph. And, I see Joseph portrayed more often as "Joseph the Worker" rather than "Joseph the father." An adoptive father is no less a father in his love for his child. Edited May 6, 2010 by IgnatiusofLoyola
Resurrexi Posted May 6, 2010 Posted May 6, 2010 Salus Populi Romani at St. Mary Major [img]http://ikoner-et.dk/images/Virgin_salus_populi_romani.jpg[/img]
Resurrexi Posted May 6, 2010 Posted May 6, 2010 Theotokos of Vladimir [img]http://s4.hubimg.com/u/2123435_f260.jpg[/img]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now