Rebecca2009 Posted May 7, 2010 Author Posted May 7, 2010 [quote name='mommas_boy' date='06 May 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1273123782' post='2105745'] "A quiet moment" [img]http://www.catholichomeandgarden.com/images/Nativities/A%20Quiet%20Moment%20Nativity%20Statue.jpg[/img] [/quote] What an amazing, beautiful statue. I have loved this picture/statue for years. I wonder if they are by the same artist. I think probably yes. [IMG]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff278/Amylisa_photos/52.jpg[/IMG]
Rebecca2009 Posted May 7, 2010 Author Posted May 7, 2010 (edited) [url="javascript:void(0);"] [img]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff278/Amylisa_photos/virgin_angels.jpg?t=1273235220[/img][/url][url="javascript:void(0);"] [/url] Edited May 7, 2010 by Rebecca2009
Rebecca2009 Posted May 7, 2010 Author Posted May 7, 2010 [url="javascript:void(0);"] [img]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff278/Amylisa_photos/La_Vierge_au_lys.jpg?t=1273235253[/img][/url][url="javascript:void(0);"] [/url]
Cherie Posted May 7, 2010 Posted May 7, 2010 (edited) Beautiful pictures! Here are some others I found [img]http://mag.christis.org.uk/issues/75/baby_jesus.jpg[/img] [img]http://jbgraphic.com/churches/22.jpg[/img] [img]http://wap.medjugorje.ws/data/olm/images/pictures/jesus-christ-images/little-baby-jesus/glories16-loreto.jpg[/img] Our Lady of Loreto by Raphael [img]http://images8.cafepress.com/product/158233468v2_225x225_Front.jpg[/img] I really like this last one, I just found it by chance Edited May 7, 2010 by CherieMadame
aalpha1989 Posted May 7, 2010 Posted May 7, 2010 [quote name='dominicansoul' date='05 May 2010 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1273102918' post='2105601'] [img]http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Kissing-the-Face-of-God-christianity-502400_360_481.jpg[/img] [/quote] Where have I seen this one before? [IMG]http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac278/jshoulta/OurLadyOfMtCarmelNOVELLI16.jpg[/IMG]
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted May 7, 2010 Posted May 7, 2010 (edited) This thread reminds me that I want to find some prints of the Asian Madonnas that were posted here... This has been one of my favorites. I'm not sure what it is from though. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/LausTibiChriste/Sir_Walter_Tapper_The_Madonna_De.jpg[/IMG] I really love this one... [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/LausTibiChriste/mary1444.jpg[/IMG] ...and this one... [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/LausTibiChriste/Mary3.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/LausTibiChriste/shgallery-6b.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/LausTibiChriste/MotherOfTheEucharistMedS.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/LausTibiChriste/MothersHeart_img.jpg[/IMG] This one is straight out of the 20s/30s... [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/LausTibiChriste/maryqueen.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/LausTibiChriste/imaclilies1.jpg[/IMG] ETA: Our Lady of Guadalupe... [img]http://www.hoax-slayer.com/images/Lady-of-Guadalupe.jpg[/img] Edited May 7, 2010 by FutureNunJMJ
vee Posted May 7, 2010 Posted May 7, 2010 I am unable to post the pics right now but I really like the depictions of Mary holding her protective cloak over people or even entire religious orders. I also like a painting of St Catherine of Siena's mystical marriage or betrothal to Christ where Mary is lifting Catherine's hand as Christ places a ring on her finger.
princessgianna Posted May 7, 2010 Posted May 7, 2010 [img]http://www.stjosephsmen.com/images/379_rosary1.jpg[/img] [img]http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae350/ubercomments_backup3/fantasy/angels/020.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.marypages.com/AkitaJapan.jpg[/img]
Resurrexi Posted May 7, 2010 Posted May 7, 2010 The Annunciation by Botticelli: [img]http://www.worcesterdiocese.org/Portals/10/annunciation.jpg[/img]
Selah Posted February 6, 2012 Posted February 6, 2012 [img]http://commons.orthodoxwiki.org/images/d/da/It_is_truly_meet.JPG[/img] [b] [size=4]Panagia Axion Estin[/size][/b]
das8949 Posted February 6, 2012 Posted February 6, 2012 [size=6][b][sup]Maria Bambina - Mary as an infant[/sup][/b][/size] [center][sup][size="4"]Prayer Card[/size][/sup][/center] [center][sup] [/sup][/center] [center][sup] [/sup][/center] [center][sup] [/sup][/center] [center][sup][img]http://www.mariabambina.org/Milan%2018.jpg[/img][/sup][/center] [center][sup] [/sup][/center] [center][sup] [/sup][/center] [center][sup][size=4][font="Arial"] [b][font="Arial"][color="#000000"]PRAYER TO MARIA BAMBINA[/color][/font][/b] [/font][/size][font="Arial"][size="2"] [size=4][font="Arial"][color="#000000"] Blessed Child Mary, destined to be the Mother of God and our loving Mother, by the Heavenly graces you lavish upon us, mercifully listen to my humble supplications. In the needs which press upon me from every side [/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font="Arial"][color="#000000"]and especially in my present tribulation, I place all my trust in you. [/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font="Arial"][color="#000000"]O Holy Child, by the privileges granted to you alone, and by the merits [/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font="Arial"][color="#000000"]which you have acquired, show that the source of spiritual favors and the continuous benefits which you dispense are inexhaustible, because your [/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font="Arial"][color="#000000"]power with the Heart of God is unlimited. [/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font="Arial"][color="#000000"] Deign through the immense profusion of graces with which the Most High has enriched you from the first moment of your Immaculate Conception, [/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font="Arial"][color="#000000"]grant me, O Celestial Child, my petition, and I shall eternally praise [/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font="Arial"][color="#000000"]the goodness of your Immaculate Heart.[/color][/font][/size] [size=4] [/size] [/size][/font][/sup][/center] [sup] [font="Bodoni MT"][size="1"][color="#000000"]I M P R I M A T U R[/color][/size][/font] [font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#000000"]In Curia Archiep. Mediolani[/color][/size][/font] [font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#000000"]31 August 1931[/color][/size][/font] [font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#000000"]Can. CAVEZZALI, Pro Vic. Gen[/color][/size][/font] [font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#000000"]The Holy Child Mary is venerated at the Mother House of the[/color][/size][/font] [font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#000000"]Sisters of Charity, Via S. Sofia 13, Milan Italy[/color][/size][/font] [font="Arial"][size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"] [/size][/font][/size][/font] [font="Arial"][size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#000000"]www.mariabambina.org[/color][/size][/font][/size][/font] [right][font="Arial"][size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"] [/size][/font][/size][/font][/right] [right][font="Arial"][size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"] [/size][/font][/size][/font][/right] [right][font="Arial"][size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"] [/size][/font][/size][/font][/right][/sup] [sup][/sup]
das8949 Posted February 6, 2012 Posted February 6, 2012 Mary the Untier of Knots [img]http://campus.udayton.edu/mary/images/knots.jpg[/img]
das8949 Posted February 6, 2012 Posted February 6, 2012 OUR LADY OF THE BLESSED sACRAMENTS [img]http://imagesofheaven.org/Indoor/olsacrament33i-005.jpg[/img]
Nihil Obstat Posted February 6, 2012 Posted February 6, 2012 [img]http://campus.udayton.edu/mary/images2/japanesemadonnafall.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.udayton.edu/mary/gallery/exhibits/japan12.jpg[/img] My computer screensaver is a gallery of these images. ^_^ [url="http://campus.udayton.edu/mary/gallery/exhibits/oldshw30.html"]http://campus.udayton.edu/mary/gallery/exhibits/oldshw30.html[/url]
catholicinsd Posted February 8, 2012 Posted February 8, 2012 [quote name='mommas_boy' timestamp='1273123782' post='2105745'] "A quiet moment" [img]http://www.catholichomeandgarden.com/images/Nativities/A%20Quiet%20Moment%20Nativity%20Statue.jpg[/img] [/quote] While is very lovely, I must ask where the lower half of St. Joseph's garment is at.
Groo the Wanderer Posted February 8, 2012 Posted February 8, 2012 You ARE always allowed to necrobump these kinds of threads. *wub*
arfink Posted February 8, 2012 Posted February 8, 2012 (edited) [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1328563581' post='2382582'] [img]http://campus.udayton.edu/mary/images2/japanesemadonnafall.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.udayton.edu/mary/gallery/exhibits/japan12.jpg[/img] My computer screensaver is a gallery of these images. ^_^ [url="http://campus.udayton.edu/mary/gallery/exhibits/oldshw30.html"]http://campus.udayto...s/oldshw30.html[/url] [/quote] OTAKU. But seriously, love these images. Some of my all-time favorites here. I would dearly love to own a large print of one of these. Edited February 8, 2012 by arfink
arfink Posted February 8, 2012 Posted February 8, 2012 If anyone knows where I can get a really high-res image of this or where I can purchase a large poster-sized print, please let me know: [img]http://campus.udayton.edu/mary/gallery/exhibits/japan5.jpg[/img]
Selah Posted December 26, 2012 Posted December 26, 2012 Our Lady of Zeitoun, protectress of the Coptic Christians :) (This is a picture of the apparition, too!)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now