Fidei Defensor Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 Things have definitely changed. Almost no one can say anything around here without snide remarks or criticism, even when the OP didn't intend to start a debate. I think some people need to go find something to do with their lives and spend less time in front of the computer.
jeffpugh Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='zunshynn' date='08 May 2010 - 03:09 PM' timestamp='1273345744' post='2107043'] I think that thread was deleted. [/quote] [quote name='Apotheoun' date='08 May 2010 - 03:11 PM' timestamp='1273345893' post='2107047'] I thought threads never got deleted at Phatmass. [/quote] Conspiracy! [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='08 May 2010 - 03:31 PM' timestamp='1273347101' post='2107055'] Why in blue blazes does this have a -1? It's the truth. [/quote] I fix for ye. My last plus one of the day. [quote name='fidei defensor' date='08 May 2010 - 03:52 PM' timestamp='1273348343' post='2107080'] Things have definitely changed. Almost no one can say anything around here without snide remarks or criticism, even when the OP didn't intend to start a debate. I think some people need to go find something to do with their lives and spend less time in front of the computer. [/quote] Well, I have to somewhat agree. A few people are a little trigger-happy when it comes to getting into conflict.
Catholictothecore Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 I think Phatmass is having normal problems for a club that has included the same members for the past 5+ years. The fact that we are changing is not a bad thing. But getting some more of those crazy 18-21 years old blood in the phorum would be nice, I think. Does anyone have ideas how we could reach out?
Vincent Vega Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='08 May 2010 - 04:02 PM' timestamp='1273348979' post='2107087'] I fix for ye. My last plus one of the day. [/quote] I appreciate it, SMM.
Laudate_Dominum Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='zunshynn' date='08 May 2010 - 02:07 PM' timestamp='1273342026' post='2106992'] Wow, so sorry you're stuck with such a substandard group of people these days.[/quote] I just keep getting dumber and more asinine with each passing moment. In the future there will be a singularity of asininity and I fear for us all when that day comes. I'm telling you though, what this site needs is more lolcats and other things of that sort. The more cheezberger the bedder.
jeffpugh Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='Catholictothecore' date='08 May 2010 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1273349083' post='2107089'] I think Phatmass is having normal problems for a club that has included the same members for the past 5+ years. The fact that we are changing is not a bad thing. But getting some more of those crazy 18-21 years old blood in the phorum would be nice, I think. Does anyone have ideas how we could reach out? [/quote] Heh. Yeah. There only seems to be a hand full of us... [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='08 May 2010 - 04:06 PM' timestamp='1273349171' post='2107091'] I appreciate it, SMM. [/quote] Just doin' my job. [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='08 May 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1273352160' post='2107112'] I just keep getting dumber and more asinine with each passing moment. In the future there will be a singularity of asininity and I fear for us all when that day comes. I'm telling you though, what this site needs is more lolcats and other things of that sort. The more cheezberger the bedder. [/quote] Hah.
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 I don't mind the simple blue background. (Maybe because I've never seen it as it was before.) But, I have posted in Web forums with "fancier" backgrounds, and sometimes they either slow down my computer because they take up so much room, or they are so colorful, that I find it distracting. I'd rather concentrate on the content of the posts.
Apotheoun Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 The link below has a lovely graphical iconostasis that could be used as the entry way for the new Phatmass Eastern Christian Phorum. [url="http://www.acrod.org/prayercorner/church-tour"]Iconostasis[/url]
eustace scrubb Posted May 9, 2010 Posted May 9, 2010 (edited) Here's a story I once heard, years ago (at least, what I can remember of it...): There was once a monastery where the monks were very unhappy with each other. They kept trying to fix the problem, but nothing seemed to work. One day, a man came by and visited. Frustrated with their situation, they asked him what they should do. His answer was this: "View each other as Jesus and treat one another in accordance with that." They followed the man's advice and sure enough, the wounds within the monastery were healed and people came from all over the world to see the love that all of them had for one another. Edited May 9, 2010 by eustace scrubb
IcePrincessKRS Posted May 9, 2010 Posted May 9, 2010 [quote name='CatherineM' date='08 May 2010 - 03:34 PM' timestamp='1273343689' post='2107018'] Yes, I agree. I know, I know. You can certainly lay guilt like a proper Catholic mom. [/quote] Sweet. That mean's I'm really good at my day job.
Semper Catholic Posted May 9, 2010 Posted May 9, 2010 Welcome to the Modern Catholic Church. Not sure Upper Middle Class Yuppie Snobs was what Peter and Paul had in mind.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 9, 2010 Author Posted May 9, 2010 [quote name='Apotheoun' date='08 May 2010 - 03:01 PM' timestamp='1273345295' post='2107031'] The entrance to the new Eastern Christian Phorum here at Phatmass should look like an iconostasis. [/quote] +1
goldenchild17 Posted May 9, 2010 Posted May 9, 2010 (edited) Don't some of the members here work as youth ministers? Why not convince a few of your kids in the group to join? Even a few new younger active members might make a difference. Edited May 9, 2010 by goldenchild17
HisChildForever Posted May 9, 2010 Posted May 9, 2010 [quote name='Semper Catholic' date='09 May 2010 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1273445512' post='2107805'] Welcome to the Modern Catholic Church. Not sure Upper Middle Class Yuppie Snobs was what Peter and Paul had in mind. [/quote] Yes, because name-calling makes you the better person.
Apotheoun Posted May 9, 2010 Posted May 9, 2010 The following should be included somewhere in the new Phatmass Eastern Christian Phorum: [b]P[/b]reaching [b]H[/b]esychastic [b]A[/b]pophatic [b]T[/b]heology [b]M[/b]akes [b]A[/b]bsolute [b]S[/b]piritual [b]S[/b]ense
Vincent Vega Posted May 10, 2010 Posted May 10, 2010 [quote name='Semper Catholic' date='09 May 2010 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1273445512' post='2107805'] Welcome to the Modern Catholic Church. Not sure Upper Middle Class Yuppie Snobs was what Peter and Paul had in mind. [/quote] What do you suppose they had in mind? Me and my yuppie snob Catholic friends want to know.
Socrates Posted May 10, 2010 Posted May 10, 2010 [quote name='Semper Catholic' date='09 May 2010 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1273445512' post='2107805'] Welcome to the Modern Catholic Church. Not sure Upper Middle Class Yuppie Snobs was what Peter and Paul had in mind. [/quote] What the hell does that remark have to do with anything?
HisChildForever Posted May 10, 2010 Posted May 10, 2010 [quote name='Socrates' date='09 May 2010 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1273450842' post='2107869'] What the hell does that remark have to do with anything? [/quote] I have decided to just laugh at every post this guy makes. They all share a common theme.
Socrates Posted May 10, 2010 Posted May 10, 2010 [quote name='HisChildForever' date='09 May 2010 - 07:24 PM' timestamp='1273447480' post='2107824'] Yes, because name-calling makes you the better person. [/quote] Catholicism is all about Class Warfare.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now