SaintOfVirtue Posted May 12, 2010 Posted May 12, 2010 (edited) Media contained below may be offensive proceed with caution. [spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u05tOeyX6uw [mod] This is really not the type of video to post on Phatmass-- that ending! Yikes! But I'm leaving the link. [/mod] [/spoiler] Edited May 13, 2010 by homeschoolmom
toledo_jesus Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 How scary is this? Glad she got called out. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fSvyv0urTE&feature=player_embedded[/media]
HisChildForever Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 [quote name='toledo_jesus' date='12 May 2010 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1273715710' post='2109675'] How scary is this? Glad she got called out. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fSvyv0urTE&feature=player_embedded[/media] [/quote] DISGUSTING. This is what Islam is, people. Open your eyes.
jeffpugh Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 [quote name='toledo_jesus' date='12 May 2010 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1273715710' post='2109675'] How scary is this? Glad she got called out. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fSvyv0urTE&feature=player_embedded[/media] [/quote] She's honest...
toledo_jesus Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 [quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='12 May 2010 - 11:12 PM' timestamp='1273716743' post='2109682'] She's honest... [/quote] That's not a virtue in this instance. She's a jihadi pig, and a melodramatic one at that.
toledo_jesus Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 [quote name='HisChildForever' date='12 May 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1273716624' post='2109681'] DISGUSTING. This is what Islam is, people. Open your eyes. [/quote] Word. Up.
Ed Normile Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 I am going to comment on this without having watched the video in question, the reason is it sounds like a mockery of anothers faith intended to bring attention and fame to the author, what a cheap way to get noticed. Are there any of you here who feel it is right to mock anothers beliefs? I am no fan of Islam or its radical practitioners, but to create something just to either infuriate them or belittle them is just plain juvenile. One thing is certain it was not created to either prostelyze them or try and reach them, it seems a cheap shot leveled in a cowardly way. ed
Semper Catholic Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 Somewhere on a message board out their in cyberspace is a link to a story about the church covering up sex abuse, with replies about "this is what Catholicism is, OPEN YOUR EYES" My problem is not that you condemn acts or opinions, my problem is that you paint with such broad strokes you surely run the risk of coloring outside the lines. Nothing in life is as simple as black and white. That kind of behavior is something I expect out of teenagers, but it's a little bit troubling hearing it from twenty year olds.
Laudate_Dominum Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 This is becoming the next "What youtube video have you watched recently" thread. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_JfNq45VHU&NR=1[/media]
Jesus_lol Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='13 May 2010 - 12:01 AM' timestamp='1273734082' post='2109807'] This is becoming the next "What youtube video have you watched recently" thread. [media][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_JfNq45VHU&NR=1"]http://www.youtube.c..._JfNq45VHU&NR=1[/url][/media] [/quote] is this the twilight zone? i just found myself agreeing with most of a video made by Glen Beck. i must be off my meds or something. admittedly, i only really watched the first section before the interview. Edited May 13, 2010 by Jesus_lol
HisChildForever Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 [quote name='Ed Normile' date='13 May 2010 - 01:17 AM' timestamp='1273727850' post='2109787'] I am going to comment on this without having watched the video in question, the reason is it sounds like a mockery of anothers faith intended to bring attention and fame to the author, what a cheap way to get noticed. Are there any of you here who feel it is right to mock anothers beliefs? I am no fan of Islam or its radical practitioners, but to create something just to either infuriate them or belittle them is just plain juvenile. One thing is certain it was not created to either prostelyze them or try and reach them, it seems a cheap shot leveled in a cowardly way. ed [/quote] I stopped reading after "I am going to comment on this [b]without having watched the video in question[/b]". If you HAD watched the video, you would have witnessed a Muslim woman (presumably a college student) NOT condemning Hamas, an Islamic terrorist group.
ThePenciledOne Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 [quote name='HisChildForever' date='13 May 2010 - 12:10 PM' timestamp='1273763448' post='2109907'] I stopped reading after "I am going to comment on this [b]without having watched the video in question[/b]". [/quote] Doesn't mean the rest of his statement isn't correct.
HisChildForever Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 [quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='13 May 2010 - 11:15 AM' timestamp='1273763710' post='2109910'] Doesn't mean the rest of his statement isn't correct. [/quote] You might as well do a book report without having read the book.
ThePenciledOne Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 [quote name='HisChildForever' date='13 May 2010 - 12:23 PM' timestamp='1273764205' post='2109913'] You might as well do a book report without having read the book. [/quote] His observations are pretty correct though. Sure, we all know Islam is pretty out there and the followers have been proven to be violent or silent on issues all across the board. Yet, who are we to pass judgment? I personally watched the videos and I wonder if there would be the same amount of distaste and unrest, maybe not violence, but at least protest if a cartoonist had drawn a horrible picture of Christ that was disrespectful. (this of course shown to primarily a Christian/Catholic crowd) For some reason, I really doubt there would be any, maybe a few passionate individuals, but then I don't know.
HisChildForever Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 (edited) [quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='13 May 2010 - 11:28 AM' timestamp='1273764514' post='2109915'] His observations are pretty correct though. Sure, we all know Islam is pretty out there and the followers have been proven to be violent or silent on issues all across the board. Yet, who are we to pass judgment? I personally watched the videos and I wonder if there would be the same amount of distaste and unrest, maybe not violence, but at least protest if a cartoonist had drawn a horrible picture of Christ that was disrespectful. (this of course shown to primarily a Christian/Catholic crowd) For some reason, I really doubt there would be any, maybe a few passionate individuals, but then I don't know. [/quote] I already speculated that the Christians would be loud, and perhaps some would jump to their feet. I think it would be interesting to learn if the Muslims in the video (the original video) were [s]American[/s]European, from the Middle East, or mixed. I know a few Muslims who would not react in such a way - at least, I would hope not - who are VERY westernized. WOW at my stupid mistake. I have been up since 6 and am running on VERY little sleep. Edited May 13, 2010 by HisChildForever
HisChildForever Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 [quote name='Ed Normile' date='13 May 2010 - 01:17 AM' timestamp='1273727850' post='2109787'] I am going to comment on this without having watched the video in question, the reason is it sounds like a mockery of anothers faith intended to bring attention and fame to the author, what a cheap way to get noticed. Are there any of you here who feel it is right to mock anothers beliefs? I am no fan of Islam or its radical practitioners, but to create something just to either infuriate them or belittle them is just plain juvenile. One thing is certain it was not created to either prostelyze them or try and reach them, it seems a cheap shot leveled in a cowardly way. ed [/quote] Fine, I read this. You should read one of my earlier posts. The caption to the video explained that the presenter was attacked because of sexual images. The sexual images infuriated the Muslims to the point of violence BEFORE the picture of Muhammad popped up. By the way, if you now go to view the video - yep, YouTube made it private because it "may contain content that is inappropriate for some users". Ironic that a presentation on free speech was censored.
Jesus_lol Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 (edited) [quote name='HisChildForever' date='13 May 2010 - 08:36 AM' timestamp='1273764968' post='2109920'] WOW at my stupid mistake. I have been up since 6 and am running on VERY little sleep. [/quote] thats ok, i know you [s]Europeans[/s] Americans in Jersey get very little rest, have some [s]Tea[/s] coffee? WOW at my stupid mistake. ive been up since 8 and am running on very little sleep. Edited May 13, 2010 by Jesus_lol
HisChildForever Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 [quote name='Jesus_lol' date='13 May 2010 - 11:58 AM' timestamp='1273766290' post='2109931'] thats ok, i know you [s]Europeans[/s] Americans in Jersey get very little rest, have some [s]Tea[/s] coffee? WOW at my stupid mistake. ive been up since 8 and am running on very little sleep. [/quote] Not sure how to take this.
HisChildForever Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 (edited) [quote name='MIkolbe' date='13 May 2010 - 01:10 PM' timestamp='1273770619' post='2109981'] it's sexist.. obviously. [/quote] I am being serious. Anyway I doubt he meant any harm, I am just freaking because I have a take-home exam due tomorrow [s]afternoon[/s]morning and I am trying to get someone to cover my shift at work but I have been turned down by two co-workers already and two more are not answering. I have to call out soon if no one responds. And it is just horrible because I have to find coverage for my trip and there will be hours I will not find coverage for (Saturdays) and basically I am going to get in a lot of trouble. Edited May 13, 2010 by HisChildForever
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now