Tridenteen Posted May 17, 2010 Posted May 17, 2010 (edited) JMJ So I guess ya'all know my favorite Church [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXQuOQccCWA"]music[/url], but now I want to know yours. So, videos, music scores, and such are welcome. nd if it is Mr.Ed's theme song, please warn us so we can put on audio protectants. Edited May 17, 2010 by Tridenteen
Nihil Obstat Posted May 17, 2010 Posted May 17, 2010 Well I don't know if anyone here is aware, but out of curiosity, I attended a Russian Orthodox service in my city a week or so ago. The music was simply astounding. I'm not sure that it will ever be matched by humanity of any age. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32UGD0fV45g"]Here's a link to the music I heard at that service.[/url]
Tridenteen Posted May 17, 2010 Author Posted May 17, 2010 JMJ There is now a byzantine/orthodox choice. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Nihil Obstat Posted May 17, 2010 Posted May 17, 2010 [quote name='Tridenteen' date='17 May 2010 - 06:41 PM' timestamp='1274139691' post='2112293'] JMJ There is now a byzantine/orthodox choice. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img] [/quote] You won't believe it until you hear it. Thanks for that option though- I changed my vote from "other" to the Orthodox/Byzantine option, plus the obvious Gregorian and polyphonic.
zunshynn Posted May 17, 2010 Posted May 17, 2010 Polyphonic is definitely my favorite, and then Gregorian chant (Gregorian took me a lot longer to take a liking to though) and Byzantine follows close behind.
Nihil Obstat Posted May 17, 2010 Posted May 17, 2010 Nobody is going to laugh ever again until they click my link.
Tridenteen Posted May 17, 2010 Author Posted May 17, 2010 JMJ [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/P.gif[/img] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/cans.gif[/img] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/biglol.gif[/img] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol_above.gif[/img] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/hehe.gif[/img] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol_roll.gif[/img]
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted May 17, 2010 Posted May 17, 2010 Gee, you guys make things so complicated. I was going to say "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" by Bach. Or almost anything played by an outstanding organist on an outstanding organ.
ThePenciledOne Posted May 18, 2010 Posted May 18, 2010 I generally like all kinds, but those that are played at more charismatic services would be my favorite. : ) Hillsong United is an example of some good music for that sort of thing in a sense, they are fantastic musicians.
Resurrexi Posted May 18, 2010 Posted May 18, 2010 [quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='17 May 2010 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1274141065' post='2112325'] I generally like all kinds, but those that are played at more charismatic services would be my favorite. : ) Hillsong United is an example of some good music for that sort of thing in a sense, they are fantastic musicians. [/quote] I totally agree with you, ThePenciledOne. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zJGQ60MqQg&feature=related"]This[/url] is a great example of awesome liturgical music.
ThePenciledOne Posted May 18, 2010 Posted May 18, 2010 [quote name='Resurrexi' date='17 May 2010 - 09:08 PM' timestamp='1274141332' post='2112329'] I totally agree with you, ThePenciledOne. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zJGQ60MqQg&feature=related"]This[/url] is a great example of awesome liturgical music. [/quote] Um, ok. I was thinking of [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbGgA2lIDjc"]this[/url], but of course not in a concert hall obviously, I enjoy those instruments, and the lyrics are excellent.
jeffpugh Posted May 18, 2010 Posted May 18, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Tridenteen' date='17 May 2010 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1274139403' post='2112290'] JMJ So I guess ya'all know my favorite Church [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXQuOQccCWA"]music[/url], but now I want to know yours. So, videos, music scores, and such are welcome. nd if it is Mr.Ed's theme song, please warn us so we can put on audio protectants. [/quote] Triddy Trad, you are epic. That's my fav. Palestrina Motet. I've got all three parts memorised. ETA I voted Polyphony, Gregorian Chant, Byzantine and Gospel. Technically I could vote instrumental, too, since I'm a Bach fan Edited May 18, 2010 by Sacred Music Man
Apotheoun Posted May 18, 2010 Posted May 18, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Resurrexi' date='17 May 2010 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1274141332' post='2112329'] I totally agree with you, ThePenciledOne. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zJGQ60MqQg&feature=related"]This[/url] is a great example of awesome liturgical music. [/quote] [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmwqnqL3Hbg[/media] Edited May 18, 2010 by Apotheoun
Apotheoun Posted May 18, 2010 Posted May 18, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='17 May 2010 - 08:38 PM' timestamp='1274150313' post='2112425'] Why is this not a public poll? [/quote] It is a public poll.
Luigi Posted May 18, 2010 Posted May 18, 2010 The Polish parish in my diocese has a polka Mass a couple of times each year. I've never been, but I've heard it ROCKS!
Nihil Obstat Posted May 18, 2010 Posted May 18, 2010 [quote name='Apotheoun' date='17 May 2010 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1274151588' post='2112453'] It is a public poll. [/quote] Aha! Must have missed that. Well now I can silently yet ruthlessly mock those who support untraditional music.
Resurrexi Posted May 18, 2010 Posted May 18, 2010 [quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='17 May 2010 - 07:35 PM' timestamp='1274142950' post='2112359'] I voted Polyphony, Gregorian Chant, Byzantine and [b]Gospel[/b]. [/quote] [img]http://whatscooking.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/pear1.jpg[/img]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now