An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discernment Is Ultimately Good :)

Mary Veronica

Mary Veronica

[quote name='Geras16' date='24 June 2010 - 11:01 AM' timestamp='1277386285' post='2133596']
Where are the male discerners? :) I don't know what else to say.
[/quote]

Exactly...:coffee: God knows they're around, but they don't converse as much as women do :detective:! It seems that they're more about action :weights: or getting into senseless fights :starwars: or things that easily occupy them :juggle: ....

I have two older brothers :paperbag:.

Edited by Mary Veronica

I can converse.

Most people think of me as a man of contradiction. But above all, I'm a man of God . Not a man born of blood, but of the spirit. I was created only for this reason alone; to belong to God. For God, I will do everything I can as a man to fight for and uphold His Kingdom on Earth, which lies in the hearts of all his children. I may be zealous, but I also like to be still and admire God's creation around me. I love books, especially if they can say things that can touch the goodness in people's hearts and bring them together. I like art as well for the same purpose; it unites us in many little ways, no matter what generation we are in. I have deep respect for others even if they feel they have nothing in them worth respecting. I am a great admirer of the saints. Not just because they lived a holy life, but more because I discover that we think alike about the beauty of God and His Holy Will. I am uplifted when I meet my Christian brothers and sisters, though we may not agree on all terms. That is why I think it is better to hope for each other than to compare; In hope there is self-sacrifice and never self-love. With that, I love praying the rosary. I become very attached to emotions that I feel when I meditate on the Mysteries of Our Lord. However, I am not all emotional. I am more curious. I wonder constantly about random things and try to make God present in it. Wherein, there may not be a flood of emotions, but there is faith and trust in Him.

I think it is honorable to discern a calling. Not because one is somehow choosing to be a servant of God, but that God desires somehow for someone to serve Him. For God to desire us in such a way, is a mystery, but nonetheless an honor.

:priest:

Edited by Geras16

[quote name='Geras16' date='27 June 2010 - 09:38 PM' timestamp='1277689097' post='2135177']
I can converse.

Most people think of me as a man of contradiction. But above all, I'm a man of God . Not a man born of blood, but of the spirit. I was created only for this reason alone; to belong to God. For God, I will do everything I can as a man to fight for and uphold His Kingdom on Earth, which lies in the hearts of all his children. I may be zealous, but I also like to be still and admire God's creation around me. I love books, especially if they can say things that can touch the goodness in people's hearts and bring them together. I like art as well for the same purpose; it unites us in many little ways, no matter what generation we are in. I have deep respect for others even if they feel they have nothing in them worth respecting. I am a great admirer of the saints. Not just because they lived a holy life, but more because I discover that we think alike about the beauty of God and His Holy Will. I am uplifted when I meet my Christian brothers and sisters, though we may not agree on all terms. That is why I think it is better to hope for each other than to compare; In hope there is self-sacrifice and never self-love. With that, I love praying the rosary. I become very attached to emotions that I feel when I meditate on the Mysteries of Our Lord. However, I am not all emotional. I am more curious. I wonder constantly about random things and try to make God present in it. Wherein, there may not be a flood of emotions, but there is faith and trust in Him.

I think it is honorable to discern a calling. Not because one is somehow choosing to be a servant of God, but that God desires somehow for someone to serve Him. For God to desire us in such a way, is a mystery, but nonetheless an honor.

[/quote]

+1!!
Very well put!!
I love it when male discerners speak up. You guys have some pretty profound words to say!! (I sense a great preacher in the future) :)

Mary Veronica

[quote name='Geras16' date='27 June 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1277689097' post='2135177']
I can converse.

[/quote]

:camp: Bless the Lord!

I have this problem that is hard to fight. It is when people are merciless and prideful around me as a discerner. They understand I want to be priest, but they expect me to start acting like one right now. Just because a priestly vocation means plenty of self-sacrifice does not mean I am a pushover and will put up with their self-interested criticisms. I do not think any of us are called to be superhuman, able to withstand the face of scorn and cast away demons from souls who are plain unhappy with God's good will. We are not called to relieve people's conscience so they can justify their vices. God Bless Parish Priest. They are greatly persecuted. I confess, I am personally grateful to discern an order. It seems the more we deal with replicated pharisees and scribes, the more we can learn to put our foot down on particular matters. Now to go heal some of the blind and lame.

I am tired of people testifying in every move, thought, and word, of being God-forsaken. How, in heaven, am I to show mercy and gentleness towards these, dare I say it, willing-subjects of the devil? I think I will make like St. Francis, and live in the forest singing praises to God with all creation. Also, I will occasionally weep the Passion of Our Lord and move to tears those passing by.

Mary Veronica

[quote name='Geras16' date='02 July 2010 - 01:11 PM' timestamp='1278085275' post='2136931']

I am tired of people testifying in every move, thought, and word, of being God-forsaken. How, in heaven, am I to show mercy and gentleness towards these, dare I say it, willing-subjects of the devil? I think I will make like St. Francis, and live in the forest singing praises to God with all creation. Also, I will occasionally weep the Passion of Our Lord and move to tears those passing by.
[/quote]

Yes, please do make like St. Francis! It sounds like you're hanging out with too many downers, you need intimacy with God! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, go to Adoration, sing praises to Him, bury yourself in Scripture, glorify Him in times of trials. Like if a bird poops on you, don't let it lessen your union with God, sing "Blessed BE GOD!" ....sorry, that sounded so lame. Who knows, the mercy and gentleness you can show them, can begin with you just Blessing God for the little mishaps that you run into with them.

eh, I'm a fumbling dummy. I think if I was honestly in your shoes, I would've pulled out the chorded-whip consumed with zeal for my Papa's house...

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Geras16' date='02 July 2010 - 10:41 AM' timestamp='1278085275' post='2136931']
I have this problem that is hard to fight. It is when people are merciless and prideful around me as a discerner. They understand I want to be priest, but they expect me to start acting like one right now. Just because a priestly vocation means plenty of self-sacrifice does not mean I am a pushover and will put up with their self-interested criticisms. I do not think any of us are called to be superhuman, able to withstand the face of scorn and cast away demons from souls who are plain unhappy with God's good will. We are not called to relieve people's conscience so they can justify their vices. God Bless Parish Priest. They are greatly persecuted. I confess, I am personally grateful to discern an order. It seems the more we deal with replicated pharisees and scribes, the more we can learn to put our foot down on particular matters. Now to go heal some of the blind and lame.

[/quote]

Not to worry. The threads are scattered all over Vocation Station, so I can't point them to you, but the males on VS proposed starting their own Phatmass community on some island somewhere with few inhabitants. (I'm sorry, I forgot what island they mentioned.) So, the women, not to be left out, decided that we will start our own Phatmass Phemale community on a nearby island, and, frankly I think the women are having more fun coming up with ideas for our community than the men are. (The men seemed to have dropped the concept.) But, after seminary (unless there is a way to become a Catholic priest by correspondence course LOL) you are welcome to join the men's community, and commune with nature and say a couple of Masses for a group of imperfect, but fun, Phatmass pholks.

The women's community will certainly need a priest for Masses, confessions, etc., and I don't know how many of the men are planning to be priests versus religious Brothers. So, if this sounds interesting, you might want to learn how to drive a boat while you are in seminary.

At the moment, I'm Sister Mary Polycarp of the Late Rising, but our possible religious names seem to change daily. (I'd still rather be Sister Mary Bede of the Rosary, since the Venerable Bede is one of my favorite saints for no reason other than that I like his name.) You get the drift. You'd be surrounded by crazy people, but they wouldn't expect you to be holier than Christ himself. As long as you could say the Mass without forgetting too many important words, or spilling the wine all over yourself, you'd be welcome. And you could spend summers on the island among a group of sane (or rather, insane, but fun) people until you were ordained.

By the way, if you are discerning an Order, the women's community, at least, contains women of all religious orders. (We never said this community was realistic.) So, you can be St. Francis-like with the Franciscans, then weep copious holy tears with the Carmelites. If the women can mix religious Orders, so can the men, if they have that much imagination. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif[/img]

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Mary Veronica' date='03 July 2010 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1278114881' post='2137157']
....sorry, that sounded so lame
[/quote]

It is not lame when we Bless God :cool:

[i]This[/i] is lame: A bird poops on you. You sing "Blessed Be God!" I come out of nowhere. Sling my arm around your shoulder. We wave our hands in the air like we just don't care. I say Blessed. You say God. BLESSED. GOD. BLESSED. GOD.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS9ZSkFwTM4[/media]

[quote name='Mary Veronica' date='03 July 2010 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1278114881' post='2137157']
I love my Papa in Heaven *giggle*
[/quote]

I love Papa too.

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='03 July 2010 - 01:18 AM' timestamp='1278116320' post='2137165']

Not to worry. The threads are scattered all over Vocation Station, so I can't point them to you, but the males on VS proposed starting their own Phatmass community on some island somewhere with few inhabitants. (I'm sorry, I forgot what island they mentioned.)

By the way, if you are discerning an Order, the women's community, at least, contains women of all religious orders. (We never said this community was realistic.) So, you can be St. Francis-like with the Franciscans, then weep copious holy tears with the Carmelites. If the women can mix religious Orders, so can the men, if they have that much imagination. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Thank you dear Sister. But I know what happened to the guys.

I must say. Put any guy on an island, and this is inevitable. Our imagination won us 2 Oscar Nominations.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwb4m8qSPgY[/media]

Mary Veronica

[quote name='Geras16' date='03 July 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1278125971' post='2137222']
Thank you dear Sister. But I know what happened to the guys.

I must say. Put any guy on an island, and this is inevitable. Our imagination won us 2 Oscar Nominations.

[media][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwb4m8qSPgY"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=hwb4m8qSPgY[/url][/media]
[/quote]

:topsy:

GERAS! THAT, is lame. Post that on the Board and a 100 more men will cry out wilson as a manifestation of their loneliness and need for love and mercy.

[quote name='Mary Veronica' date='03 July 2010 - 08:53 AM' timestamp='1278143617' post='2137304']
:topsy:

GERAS! THAT, is lame. Post that on the Board and a 100 more men will cry out wilson as a manifestation of their loneliness and need for love and mercy.
[/quote]

Is that a challenge? :blink:

Mary Veronica

[quote name='Geras16' date='03 July 2010 - 08:27 AM' timestamp='1278154630' post='2137313']
Is that a challenge? :blink:
[/quote]

No <_< it doesn't take much to do it, so it wouldn't be a challenge. but this is:

If st. francis met st. therese of lisieux, what kind of conversation do you think they would have together?

let's start. anyone carmelite or franciscan please feel free to join.

[i]St. Therese: (looking down and pointing) why aren't you wearing shoes?

:sweat:
[/i]

Edited by Mary Veronica

Chiquitunga

[quote name='Mary Veronica' date='04 July 2010 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1278297564' post='2137793'][i]St. Therese: (looking down and pointing) why aren't you wearing shoes?[/i]
[/quote]
St. Francis: "First, why are [i]you[/i] wearing shoes (sandals) if you're supposed to be discalced?"[i] [/i]j j/k! :lol: