An Old School Catholic Message Board

Medjugorje

the_rev

Hey, if you could visit this webiste, I'd appreciate it!

[url="http://www.freewebs.com/medjegorje/"]http://www.freewebs.com/medjegorje/[/url]

Now, if your interested, just do what it says!!!!!!

Thank you to Homestartlover for making this site!

And I truly do hope you will take part in this! Project: Medjugorje

um... look into private organizations in your parish/dioscese. i'm going for practicaly nothing this summer through my vocaions office in my dioscese.

awesome work with the website...write letters!!! people are just waiting for opporutnities to help...even though most do not know it!

CatholicCrusader

I don't know if it is true or not if the Church must wait until the apparitions end, but the Church has ALREADY condemned Medjugorje because of its heretical teaching (attributing to Our Lady that she said "My Son loves all religions equally" and other ridiculous statements). Medjugorje has been condemned by the local Ordinary (Bishop) as well as by the Pope. No one should partake in the false apparitions. Further, the Church may wait until the end of the apparitions because they are always very few, 6, 8, 9, never some "20,000" "appratitions" now claimed by Medjugorje.

God bless.

[quote name='yiannii' date='Apr 14 2004, 08:31 AM'] Do people still claim to see Mary there? [/quote]
The visionaries say that Mary is giving them each 10 secrets to what is going to happen in the world (the chastisment..). Once Mary tells them all ten she stops appearing to them on a reg. basis. Only a couple of them are still receiving the secrets, and each know nine of them. ONce they all know ten, the things will start happening.

Pope Saint Pius V

[quote name='pinstripes' date='Apr 14 2004, 10:41 AM'] um... look into private organizations in your parish/dioscese. i'm going for practicaly nothing this summer through my vocaions office in my dioscese. [/quote]
I know this post was a while ago, but I just wanted to make creepy alien aware of the fact that it is forbidden for Catholics to go on a pilgrimage through the diocese. The diocese is forbidden in any way to set up pilgrimages to Medjugorje. This is through Rome, not the local bishops of Yugoslavia, who have also condemned it. I would ask your local ordinary about this and why they are violating things laid down by Rome?

ChronoMasta

[quote name='Pope Saint Pius V' date='Apr 15 2004, 02:26 PM'] I know this post was a while ago, but I just wanted to make creepy alien aware of the fact that it is forbidden for Catholics to go on a pilgrimage through the diocese. The diocese is forbidden in any way to set up pilgrimages to Medjugorje. This is through Rome, not the local bishops of Yugoslavia, who have also condemned it. I would ask your local ordinary about this and why they are violating things laid down by Rome? [/quote]
So a diocese can't plan a trip to a holy place?

Say what? :blink:

[quote name='crazyboutjesus05' date='Apr 15 2004, 03:59 PM'] So a diocese can't plan a trip to a holy place?

Say what? :blink: [/quote]
ditto?

popestpiusx

[quote name='crazyboutjesus05' date='Apr 15 2004, 03:59 PM'] So a diocese can't plan a trip to a holy place?

Say what? :blink: [/quote]
The point is that it is not a holy place (at least not in the sense of, say, Fatima or Lourdes). The Bishops conference of Yugoslavia said decalred that the apparitions are false. Two subsequent bishops of Mostar have said the same thing. Rome has backed up their judgment and declared that no official pilgrimages may be organized. The competent authorities have given their judgement. Especially in the matter of private revelations, it is absolutely necessary to obey the competent authorities: in this case the local bishop (Bishop Peric of Mostar).

[quote name='CatholicCrusader' date='Apr 14 2004, 05:09 PM'] I don't know if it is true or not if the Church must wait until the apparitions end, but the Church has ALREADY condemned Medjugorje because of its heretical teaching (attributing to Our Lady that she said "My Son loves all religions equally" and other ridiculous statements). Medjugorje has been condemned by the local Ordinary (Bishop) as well as by the Pope. No one should partake in the false apparitions. Further, the Church may wait until the end of the apparitions because they are always very few, 6, 8, 9, never some "20,000" "appratitions" now claimed by Medjugorje.

God bless. [/quote]
Really Catholic Crusader? From everything I've heard the Pope seems totally in love with that alleged apparation! Can you give me the statement where he condemmed it?

By the way, I think this apparation is balnone myself, and I've always wondered how the Holy Father could be so in love with it...

popestpiusx

[quote name='Enda' date='Apr 16 2004, 05:12 PM'] Really Catholic Crusader? From everything I've heard the Pope seems totally in love with that alleged apparation! Can you give me the statement where he condemmed it?

By the way, I think this apparation is balnone myself, and I've always wondered how the Holy Father could be so in love with it... [/quote]
The Holy Father is not in love with it. In fact, he acts as though nothing at all is happening there (which I belive to be the case). The CDF has issued a statement banning any diocese from organizing pilgrimages. If he wanted to overrule that ban, he certainly could.

I think we are in agreement that the thing is balone (some would call it fraud).

I've read alot of quotes indicating otherwise, like, "If i weren't the Pope, I'd be in Medjugorje already." and "Our Lady of Medjugorje will save America!".