An Old School Catholic Message Board

Promiscuity And Advertising

fides quarens intellectum

Today, i went to the mall for new glasses. While walking by other stores, I saw one (a popular lotion/smelly-girly products store) with a huge poster of a completely naked woman over its registers, and another (a shoe store) with a poster of the backside of a woman in her underwear with a pair of sneakers on.

What's going on? <_<

MissScripture

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' date='24 May 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1274757020' post='2116996']
Today, i went to the mall for new glasses. While walking by other stores, I saw one (a popular lotion/smelly-girly products store) with a huge poster of a completely naked woman over its registers, and another (a shoe store) with a poster of the backside of a woman in her underwear with a pair of sneakers on.

What's going on? <_<
[/quote]
Maybe you should've stuck with your old glasses...:idontknow:

[quote name='MissScripture' date='24 May 2010 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1274757388' post='2117003']
Maybe you should've stuck with your old glasses...:idontknow:
[/quote]
:hehe:

fides' Jack

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' date='24 May 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1274757020' post='2116996']

What's going on? <_<
[/quote]

Wow! What a coincidence! The same exact thing happened to me today. Are you going to write to the shoe store and (popular lotion/smelly-girly products) store and complain?

MissScripture

[quote name='fides' Jack' date='24 May 2010 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1274758016' post='2117019']
Wow! What a coincidence! The same exact thing happened to me today. Are you going to write to the shoe store and (popular lotion/smelly-girly products) store and complain?
[/quote]
:rolling: You crack me up! :lol_roll:

princessgianna

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' date='24 May 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1274757020' post='2116996']

What's going on? <_<
[/quote]
I think I know what store you are talking about. I went with my little sister to a rather popular lotion place to get my Mom a present for Mother's Day and was appalled to see a naked woman on the wall(while everything was nicly covered in some fashion-it's horrible). I called and complained.

Brother Adam

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' date='25 May 2010 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1274757020' post='2116996']

What's going on? <_<
[/quote]

That's uncanny, because the exact same thing happened to me today too. I was at the mall today to look at new glasses and noticed the exact same poster at that store. Teresa loves the hand soaps they have, but we probably won't shop there again because of it.

[quote name='princessgianna' date='24 May 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1274759114' post='2117043']
I think I know what store you are talking about. I went with my little sister to a rather popular lotion place to get my Mom a present for Mother's Day and was appalled to see a naked woman on the wall(while everything was nicly covered in some fashion-it's horrible). I called and complained.
[/quote]

:clap:

Good for you for calling them.

I just sent an email, and got a silly canned response about how their ad campaign is meant to show how their products can give customers healthy skin. :unsure:

Edited by fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='24 May 2010 - 11:22 PM' timestamp='1274761339' post='2117064']
That's uncanny, because the exact same thing happened to me today too. I was at the mall today to look at new glasses and noticed the exact same poster at that store. Teresa loves the hand soaps they have, but we probably won't shop there again because of it.
[/quote]

I won't be shopping there anymore, either, which stinks b/c i also liked their products a lot. In fact, their products sell themselves, which is why I don't understand the need for them to use a naked woman in their ads... :huh:

homeschoolmom

I hate going to the mall and avoid it at all costs... even though I really need to get new glasses...

The smelly girly lotion is obviously not smell enough, so they use the naked women to compensate for their failure.

When I use smelly girl lotion I look like a naked girl too :mellow:

I think I need to see a doctor about that actually :unsure: :lol_roll:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Slappo' date='25 May 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1274818074' post='2117437']
When I use smelly girl lotion I look like a naked girl too :mellow:

I think I need to see a doctor about that actually :unsure: :lol_roll:
[/quote]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=7g7UNZY-ST8&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=7g7UNZY-ST8&feature=related[/url]
Skip ahead and watch 5:15 to 7:40. You'll understand why. :P

Having trouble getting the link to work.....

Edited by Nihil Obstat

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' date='25 May 2010 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1274806599' post='2117277']
I won't be shopping there anymore, either, which stinks b/c i also liked their products a lot. In fact, their products sell themselves, which is why I don't understand the need for them to use a naked woman in their ads... :huh:
[/quote]
is it the one on their website???