An Old School Catholic Message Board

Guy Sings With Womans Voice.

SaintOfVirtue

Vincent Vega

Plus one for castrati.

...and actual musical talent/skill. :mellow:

Edited by USAirwaysIHS

SaintOfVirtue

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='03 June 2010 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1275627291' post='2123516']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slhhg8sI6Ds[/media]

I win. :mellow:
[/quote]

I think my ears are bleeding. :mellow:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='04 June 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1275627773' post='2123520']
Plus one for castrati.

...and actual musical talent/skill. :mellow:
[/quote]
Yea, I think it's pretty intense, even if it's a little more operatic than I'm used to.

[quote name='SaintOfVirtue' date='04 June 2010 - 12:05 AM' timestamp='1275627928' post='2123523']
I think my ears are bleeding. :mellow:
[/quote]
Shush, hater.

SaintOfVirtue

Don't get me wrong, I like the song, but I prefer it when the person can actually sing it.

That sounds like a dog sitting on a ham slicer. :mellow:

Vincent Vega

Bear in mind, the recording is more than 100 years old, recorded in 1904 (Moreschi died in 1922...factoid: he was the only castrato ever to make a recording). Recording quality was less than superb then.

Edited by USAirwaysIHS

SaintOfVirtue

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='03 June 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1275628530' post='2123527']
Bear in mind, the recording is more than 100 years old, recorded in 1904 (Moreschi died in 1922...factoid: he was the only castrato ever to make a recording). Recording quality was less than superb then.
[/quote]

Well, that's another thing entirely. I guess that makes it a win on the classical card, and vintage record card. But I still find his voice irritating.

missionseeker

[quote name='SaintOfVirtue' date='04 June 2010 - 12:11 AM' timestamp='1275628296' post='2123526']

[/quote]
well... duh.:doh:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='SaintOfVirtue' date='04 June 2010 - 12:11 AM' timestamp='1275628296' post='2123526']
Don't get me wrong, I like the song, but I prefer it when the person can actually sing it.

[/quote]

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='04 June 2010 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1275628530' post='2123527']
[/quote]
Additionally, as I've heard before, singing styles were rather different when this guy was at his prime. There are aspects of it that some of us might consider "sloppy" now, that were actually considered the height of skill in his time. Changing tastes, more than anything. What do you think people are going to say about Mariah Carey's singing in a century or two? History isn't kind to trends, no matter how highly they're regarded at the time.

He's not a castrata, but I lovelovelove the russian singer Vitas. Look up his "Opera #2" on Youtube... it is AMAZING. :)

laetitia crucis

I have to admit... I was pretty impressed by this one:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlRGidTBCPU&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Now... if he could get Mariah's super-super-high register... that would be "Whoa." Perhaps a bizarre "whoa".

Not A Mallard

The ability to sing in male and female voices is amazing! He must have gotten it from the last eclipse! (Ha ha, Heroes reference...)