An Old School Catholic Message Board

Abortion In The Usa

elizabeth09

Abortion  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='10 July 2010 - 04:13 PM' timestamp='1278792791' post='2140877']
often i play the devils adovcate, so yes that's intentional.
the rest of the poo is just my own ideas. :-D
[/quote]
Clarification: You've stated that you can actually make a good argument, so the incomprehensible poo you typically post is intentionally incomprehensible poo.

ThePenciledOne

I feel as if this thread is almost pointless, since I would hope that this is the opinion of a Catholic forum.

[quote name='Hilde' date='10 July 2010 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1278814667' post='2141021']
How rude!
[/quote]
How accurate. I'm sick of him posting as though he's writing a text message while drunk. It's irritating. Periodically, I say something about it.

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='10 July 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1278814755' post='2141022']
I feel as if this thread is almost pointless, since I would hope that this is the opinion of a Catholic forum.
[/quote]

Yes you hit the nail on the head, posts like this are hashing out a moot point, and why, what does it accomplish? If this was a site that was not a catholic site, maybe it would make some sense, this topic would be out of place on an Islam site or any other christian site as well. Who are we to say what circumstances should supercede the will of God, what circumstance negates his miracle of life, rape, incest, or maybe its going to ruin a career, I am sure God may have different thoughts about the life some casually decide to end as its not conveinient, or how they planned it to happen. When God creates a soul, a thing of beauty that is gifted with life in His image and sees it destroyed... there are no words.

ed

Or you come up with a very good argument that sways others or makes them think about their conclusions, perhaps to arrive at the proper one. Are you a consequentialist?

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='11 July 2010 - 05:16 PM' timestamp='1278882972' post='2141301']
I havn't seen any on this thread yet. [/quote]
I accept your surrender.

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Winchester' date='11 July 2010 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1278883235' post='2141303']
I accept your [s]surrender[/s] statement.
[/quote]

Fixed.

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='11 July 2010 - 05:25 PM' timestamp='1278883503' post='2141304']
Fixed.
[/quote]
No, you messed it up. You surrendered, I accepted. By stating you hadn't seen one [i]yet[/i], you made my argument for me. By agreeing with me, you abandoned your previous position. You surrendered.

Edited by Winchester

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Winchester' date='11 July 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1278899101' post='2141422']
No, you messed it up. You surrendered, I accepted. By stating you hadn't seen one [i]yet[/i], you made my argument for me. By agreeing with me, you abandoned your previous position. You surrendered.
[/quote]

Alright bro.