An Old School Catholic Message Board

"negative Poll"

organwerke

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like the negative point system because it often reminds me to be more charitable in my posts.

I love posts that get me a +1 and I hate it when I get a -1 because I am uncharitable. Therefore I try to be less charitable in my posts.

Obviously a -1 doesn't mean I was uncharitable, and I don't take it that seriously... but I know if I were to post the new country song "I'm prayin for you" in response to my ill willed feelings towards someone I'd get like -20.

[quote name='Slappo' date='11 July 2010 - 03:57 AM' timestamp='1278809869' post='2140999']
Therefore I try to be less charitable in my posts.

[/quote]
lol wut?

[quote name='Hilde' date='10 July 2010 - 06:05 PM' timestamp='1278810330' post='2141000']
lol wut?
[/quote]

uhh lolwut is right... that was supposed to say i try to be more charitable hahaha

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Well, it seems that the whole issue of the plus/minus system (which I hated as a grading scale and was ambivalent towards on phatmass) is a non-issue now since it seems to be removed. Can't say I'll miss it. I think it will make people be themselves more (less posting to try to get +1's or pander so they'll get better ratings, a temptation I think present with any peer review system) also this will cut back on the random -1's without an explanation. Can't say that I'll miss it. Besides if you like a post p.m. the person or quote it and say this is "full of win" or something; no need for the +1. If you disagree with something, no more putting a random -1. Now if you are torked off enough to care, write about it. Assert something as the truth, and let's discuss it. THIS WAY, everyone moves closer to the truth and no one gets random -1 for a reason which is anyone's guess.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' date='17 July 2010 - 12:23 AM' timestamp='1279344211' post='2143824']
Well, it seems that the whole issue of the plus/minus system (which I hated as a grading scale and was ambivalent towards on phatmass) is a non-issue now since it seems to be removed. Can't say I'll miss it. I think it will make people be themselves more (less posting to try to get +1's or pander so they'll get better ratings, a temptation I think present with any peer review system) also this will cut back on the random -1's without an explanation. Can't say that I'll miss it. Besides if you like a post p.m. the person or quote it and say this is "full of win" or something; no need for the +1. If you disagree with something, no more putting a random -1. Now if you are torked off enough to care, write about it. Assert something as the truth, and let's discuss it. THIS WAY, everyone moves closer to the truth and no one gets random -1 for a reason which is anyone's guess.
[/quote]
Torqued.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='17 July 2010 - 02:26 AM' timestamp='1279344381' post='2143826']
Torqued.
[/quote]

thank you I shall amend the statement when i copy paste it into the real thread i just found about the missing +/- system haha

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' date='17 July 2010 - 12:27 AM' timestamp='1279344449' post='2143827']
thank you I shall amend the statement when i copy paste it into the real thread i just found about the missing +/- system haha
[/quote]
I wouldn't have corrected your spelling if it had put me at risk of negative points. ;)

goldenchild17

It could've been good and quite useful, but obviously it was abused beyond having any real purpose anymore. Too bad, it was a fun experiment.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Hilde' date='17 July 2010 - 05:35 AM' timestamp='1279366505' post='2143865']
I don't dislike the system per se, just how it was being used.
[/quote]

yes