An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carmelites! Happy Feast Day Of St. Teresa Of The Andes

SrBenigna

Chiara Francesco

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1342242085' post='2455568']
Thanks for posting CF! BTW: If you didn't already know, there is a sister Chiara Francesco (or maybe Francesca?) with the Cleveland PCCs. Love the name.
[/quote]

Yes, I discerned with them a while back - that's where I got the name - and I love those nuns to pieces! Also, they have a Sr. Colette who, as a baby, was actually WRAPPED IN a veil worn by the real St. Colette! Mother Mary Francis mentions this story in her book "A Right to be Merry". No wonder she became a PCC! While visiting the Cleveland PCCs, Mother told me how this happened but I forget now, unfortunately.

[quote name='Chiara Francesco' timestamp='1342250783' post='2455590']
Yes, I discerned with them a while back - that's where I got the name - and I love those nuns to pieces! Also, they have a Sr. Colette who, as a baby, was actually WRAPPED IN a veil worn by the real St. Colette! Mother Mary Francis mentions this story in her book "A Right to be Merry". No wonder she became a PCC! While visiting the Cleveland PCCs, Mother told me how this happened but I forget now, unfortunately.
[/quote]

So interesting! I don't remember that at all, which means that I need to read ARTBM again. :P

Ah, what an amesome religious name to have! If I entered the PCCs, I would love to have the name Francis or Clare, or any variation, but even that is a long shot kind of hope. To have BOTH would be mind blowing. She must be a special sister!

Chiara Francesco

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1342330393' post='2455762']
So interesting! I don't remember that at all, which means that I need to read ARTBM again. :P

Ah, what an amesome religious name to have! If I entered the PCCs, I would love to have the name Francis or Clare, or any variation, but even that is a long shot kind of hope. To have BOTH would be mind blowing. She must be a special sister!
[/quote]

The Mother at the time of my visit to the Cleveland PCCs told me this story and then I realized it was this PCC monastery. If I remember right, Mother Mary Francis doesn't mention which monastery. I checked my copy to see if I marked it (I've read this book only like 10 times and it's highlighted, dog-eared out the wazoo!), but I didn't as I didn't find the page.

I can't remember now if the story was when this nun was born (she is old now), either someone in her family had this relic veil or a relative or friend did and she was wrapped in it. I also THINK this took place in her birth country - Ireland maybe? Not sure, it's been a while since the Cleveland PCCs told me and all this may not be in ARTBM book.

• 4 weeks later...
Chiquitunga

[quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1342118464' post='2455028']
The book is the one [url="http://www.teresadelosandes.org/anglais/a_biblio_span.htm"]here[/url] with the Rosary on the cover (now if I would just read through it and the other one I have on her! Ah, there are so many wonderful books to read out there, esp. on Carmel!) Tomorrow I will post a funny picture from it of Juanita and her sisters, which I've never seen anywhere else.. :hehe:
[/quote]
Ha, this thread is already old .. but just to let you all know, I haven't forgotten about this and intend to post the picture!

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1342121715' post='2455064']
Carmelite15, which Carmel did she enter, if you don't mind me asking? That's wonderful and I am praying for her!
[/quote]
Here she is entering! [url="https://www.facebook.com/SamanthaGoesToCarmel"]https://www.facebook...thaGoesToCarmel[/url] (I don't have FB, but can sign into a friend's account :j)

Oh wow! Valparaiso (sp?) is so beautiful...I am so glad she has found her home! Thanks for the information.

Edited by emmaberry