Sojourner Posted April 29, 2004 Posted April 29, 2004 When I grew up, we'd say grace all the time ... now I don't do it all the time, but sometimes. I almost never do in restaurants, although when I do I make sure to leave a really good tip. I've had several waitress/waiter friends who tell me that Christians are particularly bad tippers, and that when they see people saying grace they generally get a much lower tip. So I try to buck the trend when I can, unless the service is egregiously bad.
homeschoolmom Posted April 29, 2004 Posted April 29, 2004 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Apr 28 2004, 07:33 PM'] When I grew up, we'd say grace all the time ... now I don't do it all the time, but sometimes. I almost never do in restaurants, although when I do I make sure to leave a really good tip. I've had several waitress/waiter friends who tell me that Christians are particularly bad tippers, and that when they see people saying grace they generally get a much lower tip. So I try to buck the trend when I can, unless the service is egregiously bad. [/quote] Yeah, I've heard that too. Once you go so far as to say, "Hey, I'm a Christian" it seems like to right thing to do to leave a good tip and not rip on the servers etc.
Sojourner Posted April 29, 2004 Posted April 29, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Apr 28 2004, 09:32 PM'] Yeah, I've heard that too. Once you go so far as to say, "Hey, I'm a Christian" it seems like to right thing to do to leave a good tip and not rip on the servers etc. [/quote] Yeah, it's poor form to not leave a tip when service is good, and even worse form to do it when you've said by your actions that you're a person of faith. You'd think that people who are Christians would be MORE generous, but sadly that's apparently (in my friends' experience) not the case.
Mickey's_Girl Posted May 2, 2004 Posted May 2, 2004 Theoketos: Liturgical dance isn't *necessarily* weird. I've seen both weird and totally cool. ;-) I often forget to say grace--I always used to say it when I was younger. I need to get back into the habit (d'oh!). Hee hee--when I was little, I thought "Bless us, O Lord" was a special "grandma" prayer, because we only prayed it when eating meals with my grandparents (all Catholic). Otherwise we just used "free-form". MG
tnsmittenkitten Posted May 2, 2004 Posted May 2, 2004 I usually say grace, either outloud or in my head, when eating, but sometimes I do forget. I was dating this guy and we ALWAYS said it, and many times if we were out we would get an appetizer. We prayed when that came, and by the time the rest of the meal was served, we felt like we needed to say it again, lol. Maybe that is just God reminding us how blessed we are to have food so awailable to us un this country, unlike many other countries.
BeenaBobba Posted May 2, 2004 Posted May 2, 2004 Unfortunately not. :ph34r: I really should get in the habit of doing so, though, huh? God bless, Jennifer
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now