An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kids/teens "i-Dosing" With "digital Drugs"

Tony

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='18 July 2010 - 01:38 AM' timestamp='1279427890' post='2144262']

I didn't notice that I felt better or slept more soundly, and I certainly never felt "high." But, twice when I used the tape I found that I had slept-walked (sleep-walked?) during the night.

[/quote]
I Dont know a whole lot about it but i did some poking around, on the idosing website (I wont post it here) they have files called "Acid" , "Cocaine" "alcohol" as well as some super expensive ones called "Hand of God" and "Gates of Hades".. placebo? who knows but Gates of Hades and Hand of God?? O_o

Sternhauser

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='17 July 2010 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1279428531' post='2144269']
I am in NO way suggesting that we should rush to think that this is a serious societal problem, and that legislation should be passed to prohbit or limit these tapes. However, I can see parents overreacting.

[/quote]

Ignatius, I wasn't suggesting that [i]you[/i] were suggesting those things. I was being an advocate for [i]Boobus americanus. [/i]It reminds me of the time about 20 years ago, when youths rediscovered Jimson weed seeds, which, while often delivering a psychotic episode, were highly unpredictable and had the frequent and unpleasant side effect of death. After hearing about how so-and-so went into a violent convulsive froth-fest ending in death, the kids learned pretty quickly to leave that stuff alone, no legislation needed. But everything changed after 9/11, you know. This is a new age with a new human nature. We can't be responsible and make prudent decisions for ourselves anymore. Except for voting for who gets to make prudent decisions for us. That we can still do.

~Sternhauser

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='17 July 2010 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1279418945' post='2144159']
The use of certain sound and light wavelengths should be limited to people with a prescription written by an [i]authorized[/i] [i]physician. [/i]Why, without strict governmental regulations on anything within in the 570-580 µm wavelength, we'll have crazed junkies hooked on the street drug "yellow" robbing liquor stores to get their next fix! The situation demands [i]immediate [/i]kneejerk legislation. People are too stupid to know what's bad for them, or what's best for themselves. That's why those stupid people are supposed to vote. Because the aggregate of the wills of a bunch of stupid, vice-driven people who can't control their own actions somehow results in putting a wise, virtuous person into a position of coercive power. Or a least they succeed in giving a fellow stupid, vice-driven person a lot of supra-natural coercive power. Which is a safe thing.

~Sternhauser
[/quote]

What a novel idea, this would work out great we could have a Sound Wave Czar. This SWC would of course need to be funded, it would not be fair to make the average citizen pay for this [i][b]directly[/b][/i], so we should look into some sort of mandatory taxation of evil empirical large business organizations. I think a tax levied on all Apple products of say 40% of the units retail pricing would suffice to stem this evil use of sound, and afterall Apple has succeeded in making vast sums of immoral monies through the sound mediums they sell. We as decent christian human beings owe it to the populace to stem this practise before it ruins the minds of the children, there is nothing that is unfair or inappropriate as long as it is in the best interests of the children.

ed

Edited by Ed Normile

Sternhauser

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='18 July 2010 - 12:07 PM' timestamp='1279472863' post='2144376']
What a novel idea, this would work out great we could have a Sound Wave Czar. This SWC would of course need to be funded, it would not be fair to make the average citizen pay for this [i][b]directly[/b][/i], so we should look into some sort of mandatory taxation of evil empirical large business organizations. I think a tax levied on all Apple products of say 40% of the units retail pricing would suffice to stem this evil use of sound, and afterall Apple has succeeded in making vast sums of immoral monies through the sound mediums they sell. We as decent christian human beings owe it to the populace to stem this practise before it ruins the minds of the children, there is nothing that is unfair or inappropriate as long as it is in the best interests of the children.

ed
[/quote]

Ed, I'm glad there's [i]someone[/i] out there to think of the children! And not just [i]the [/i]children, but [i]our [/i]children.

~Sternhauser

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='18 July 2010 - 02:11 PM' timestamp='1279480299' post='2144441']
Ed, I'm glad there's [i]someone[/i] out there to think of the children! And not just [i]the [/i]children, but [i]our [/i]children.

~Sternhauser
[/quote]
Don't forget the poor people in Africa.

Sternhauser

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='18 July 2010 - 05:45 PM' timestamp='1279493112' post='2144502']
Don't forget the poor people in Africa.
[/quote]

Bill Clinton and Bono got them covered.

~Sternhauser

charleseherring

They do work, i have tried them, the "i-doser" ones anyway i used one called sleeping angel to sleep for a short time but feel like a full night, it actully works, also have tried some of the others, rave was fun, and so was speed, but i havent done any in months, never really felt like it, its not addicting, but its a lot of work to have to have good headphones and a dark place, laying down stuff like that