KnightofChrist Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='Slappo' date='19 July 2010 - 09:35 PM' timestamp='1279589750' post='2145207'] My wife is coming home soon, and she's taken to reading phatmass occasionally. I better edit my post before she sees it Otherwise she might not cook me dinner tonight [/quote] Oh she'll still cook you dinner, it will just have a bit of poison. Thus solving most of life's problems for her.
MissScripture Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='HisChildForever' date='19 July 2010 - 09:37 PM' timestamp='1279589826' post='2145209'] You are already home, but she is cooking the dinner? [/quote] As a married woman, trust me when I say, sometimes it's better NOT to allow the men in the kitchen!
HisChildForever Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='Slappo' date='19 July 2010 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1279589982' post='2145210'] Yes? [/quote] So your wife, who is about to come home from a long day of work, is going to have to worry about dinner? When you have been home for however long, and could have done it so she would not have to bother after work?
KnightofChrist Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='KnightofChrist' date='19 July 2010 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1279589984' post='2145211'] Oh she'll still cook you dinner, it will just have a bit of poison. Thus solving most of life's problems for her. [/quote] My grandma would always joke to my grandfather that she would do this if he said something smart before supper. One night he got sick from unrelated causes but never said anything smart before dinner after that.
Winchester Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='HisChildForever' date='19 July 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1279590151' post='2145213'] So your wife, who is about to come home from a long day of work, is going to have to worry about dinner? When you have been home for however long, and could have done it so she would not have to bother after work? [/quote] Sammich ain't gonna fix itself, woman.
MissScripture Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='HisChildForever' date='19 July 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1279590151' post='2145213'] So your wife, who is about to come home from a long day of work, is going to have to worry about dinner? When you have been home for however long, and could have done it so she would not have to bother after work? [/quote] I repeat: [quote name='MissScripture' date='19 July 2010 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1279589987' post='2145212'] As a married woman, trust me when I say, sometimes it's better NOT to allow the men in the kitchen! [/quote]
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='MissScripture' date='19 July 2010 - 10:39 PM' timestamp='1279589987' post='2145212'] As a married woman, trust me when I say, sometimes it's better NOT to allow the men in the kitchen! [/quote] I concur.
HisChildForever Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='Winchester' date='19 July 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1279590401' post='2145217'] Sammich ain't gonna fix itself, woman. [/quote] Unless a man's fingers are broken, he should have no problem preparing a simple sandwich for himself.
KnightofChrist Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 I bet I can cook better than any woman on PM. Oh snap.
MissScripture Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='KnightofChrist' date='19 July 2010 - 09:51 PM' timestamp='1279590671' post='2145224'] I bet I can cook better than any woman on PM. Oh snap. [/quote] Yes, but the real question is, can you clean up the kitchen so it is once again spotless afterwards?
Slappo Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 (edited) [quote name='HisChildForever' date='19 July 2010 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1279590151' post='2145213'] So your wife, who is about to come home from a long day of work, is going to have to worry about dinner? When you have been home for however long, and could have done it so she would not have to bother after work? [/quote] She isn't worrying about dinner. It also isn't a bother for her to cook dinner. We're not even sure what we're eating for dinner yet, and chances are she'll be stopping at the store on the way home to pick up something she'd like to eat. Just because one spouse gets home from work before the other does not mean that that spouse should be the one to cook dinner. I don't really know where you get that idea. I also don't know where you get the idea that cooking is something someone must worry about or be bothered by doing. Edited July 20, 2010 by Slappo
KnightofChrist Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='MissScripture' date='19 July 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1279590738' post='2145226'] Yes, but the real question is, can you clean up the kitchen so it is once again spotless afterwards? [/quote] What is this "clean up" you speak of? I just throw out the dirty dishes and by new ones from Wally World, I don't have to buy dishwashing soap this way. Dries my hands out.
HisChildForever Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='Slappo' date='19 July 2010 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1279590842' post='2145227'] edited for charity. [/quote] I was simply curious. It did not seem like a practical plan to me.
Winchester Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='HisChildForever' date='19 July 2010 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1279590635' post='2145223'] Unless a man's fingers are broken, he should have no problem preparing a simple sandwich for himself. [/quote] Men invented the sammich. So womens gots to makes the sammich. It's science.
Slappo Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='HisChildForever' date='19 July 2010 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1279590941' post='2145229'] I was simply curious. [b]It did not seem like a practical plan to me.[/b] [/quote] I think the knowledge that one spouse got home from work before another does not provide enough information to make a logical conclusion as to what types of dinner plans are practical or impractical... Curiosity as to the bothers and worries of one's dinner seems impractical when many many facts are missing.
KnightofChrist Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='Winchester' date='19 July 2010 - 09:57 PM' timestamp='1279591065' post='2145230'] Men invented the sammich. So womens gots to makes the sammich. It's science. [/quote] Real men make their own sandwiches, only girly men rely on their beloved wife like a boy and his mommy.
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='Slappo' date='19 July 2010 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1279590842' post='2145227'] edited for charity. She isn't worrying about dinner. It also isn't a bother for her to cook dinner. We're not even sure what we're eating for dinner yet, and chances are she'll be stopping at the store on the way home to pick up something she'd like to eat. Just because one spouse gets home from work before the other does not mean that that spouse should be the one to cook dinner. I don't really know where you get that idea. I also don't know where you get the idea that cooking is something someone must worry about or be bothered by doing. [/quote] My brother and his wife take turns cooking. He likes to cook because he says he finds it relaxing. My SIL's fiance tried cooking for her a few times and he thought he was really good. She told him to stop because she didn't like his cooking so much. I'm a stay at home mom and my husband still gets dinner together occasionally. The kitchen is never the same afterward (as Miss Scripture alluded to lol). Ya gotta do whatever works best for your relationship/marriage.
HisChildForever Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='Slappo' date='19 July 2010 - 09:58 PM' timestamp='1279591104' post='2145231'] I think the knowledge that one spouse got home from work before another does not provide enough information to make a logical conclusion as to what types of dinner plans are practical or impractical... Curiosity as to the bothers and worries of one's dinner seems impractical when many many facts are missing. [/quote] If one spouse is home, and the other spouse is at work, it is more practical that the spouse at home prepare the meal (assuming he or she does not work at home). If the situation is somehow "complicated" then a simple correction or explanation is all that is required; not an "edited for charity" remark that does nothing to facilitate a discussion, rather it increases tension. Pax.
Winchester Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='KnightofChrist' date='19 July 2010 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1279591240' post='2145233'] Real men make their own sandwiches, only girly men rely on their beloved wife like a boy and his mommy. [/quote] Little boys aren't really in a position to evaluate such things.
HisChildForever Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote]Just because one spouse gets home from work before the other does not mean that that spouse should be the one to cook dinner. I don't really know where you get that idea. I also don't know where you get the idea that cooking is something someone must worry about or be bothered by doing.[/quote] I understand that you edited this away, but I would like to address it. I have it in my head that it would be thoughtful and considerate for the spouse already at home to begin working on dinner, especially if the spouse still at work has been putting in long hours - and even more especially if the spouse at work will be late, and by the time that spouse completes dinner it will be well past dinner time. That is all. I mean absolutely no hostility, which I feel you have read in my post.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now