Slappo Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='HisChildForever' date='19 July 2010 - 07:01 PM' timestamp='1279591277' post='2145235'] If one spouse is home, and the other spouse is at work, [b]it is more practical that the spouse at home prepare the meal[/b] (assuming he or she does not work at home). If the situation is somehow "complicated" then a simple correction or explanation is all that is required; not an "edited for charity" remark that does nothing to facilitate a discussion, rather it increases tension. Pax. [/quote] I put in the edited for charity while I replaced my post with something not so hostile. It is not always practical for the spouse at home to prepare the meal. I'll leave it at that. There's a lot of other circumstances that you seem to ignore.
KnightofChrist Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='Winchester' date='19 July 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1279591336' post='2145237'] Little boys aren't really in a position to evaluate such things. [/quote] You can make your own sandwiches now big man.
HisChildForever Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='Winchester' date='19 July 2010 - 09:57 PM' timestamp='1279591065' post='2145230'] Men invented the sammich. So womens gots to makes the sammich. It's science. [/quote] I do make sandwiches. For myself only.
HisChildForever Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='Slappo' date='19 July 2010 - 10:06 PM' timestamp='1279591591' post='2145240'] I put in the edited for charity while I replaced my post with something not so hostile. It is not always practical for the spouse at home to prepare the meal. I'll leave it at that. There's a lot of other circumstances that you seem to ignore. [/quote] Why do you speak to me as if I am purposefully trying to upset you?
Slappo Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='HisChildForever' date='19 July 2010 - 07:06 PM' timestamp='1279591583' post='2145239'] I understand that you edited this away, but I would like to address it. I have it in my head that it would be thoughtful and considerate for the spouse already at home to begin working on dinner, especially if the spouse still at work has been putting in long hours - and even more especially if the spouse at work will be late, and by the time that spouse completes dinner it will be well past dinner time. That is all. [b]I mean absolutely no hostility, which I feel you have read in my post. [/b][/quote] Look at the position that I come from. I'm sitting at home not cooking dinner, and here you say it would be worrying and bothersome for the spouse still at work to have to come home and prepare dinner. Makes it sound like I'm a bad or uncaring husband for not cooking.
dominicansoul Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 to add to Lil Red's list: #21 Never ask a woman if she has "child-bearing" hips #22 Never tell a woman that you would have fun making babies with her, unless you two have a very close, intimate friendship and are thinking of marriage... #23 Never talk about the conversations you have with one woman with another woman. Especially when those things were said in confidence and are no one's business.
Winchester Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='KnightofChrist' date='19 July 2010 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1279591650' post='2145241'] You can make your own sandwiches now big man. [/quote] You're not scoring points with the women, so stop.
Norseman82 Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='Socrates' date='19 July 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1279588244' post='2145195'] What's wrong with morally enjoying the beauty of a woman? [/quote] Didn't you get the memo? Catholics are not allowed to enjoy anything! (At least not us males....)
KnightofChrist Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='Winchester' date='19 July 2010 - 10:13 PM' timestamp='1279592003' post='2145250'] You're not scoring points with the women, so stop. [/quote] But I'm a adorable little fuzz ball.
Winchester Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='HisChildForever' date='19 July 2010 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1279591652' post='2145242'] I do make sandwiches. For myself only. [/quote] You'll meet a nice man, some day.
homeschoolmom Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='Winchester' date='19 July 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1279590401' post='2145217'] Sammich ain't gonna fix itself, woman. [/quote] You need new material. I cannot believe that Red's great thread has devolved into bickering about sandwiches. I cannot believe this place sometimes.
Winchester Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='19 July 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1279592151' post='2145257'] You need new material. I cannot believe that Red's great thread has devolved into bickering about sandwiches. I cannot believe this place sometimes. [/quote] Less type, more sammich.
CatherineM Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 I'm a traditional Southern woman. My husband knows better than to step foot in my kitchen. He'll get a fork someplace soft otherwise. He also isn't allowed to touch my tools. That's just risk prevention. He cut his finger just handing me a pair of pliers.
KnightofChrist Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='19 July 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1279592151' post='2145257'] You need new material. I cannot believe that Red's great thread has devolved into bickering about sandwiches. I cannot believe this place sometimes. [/quote] I'm sorry I'll make it all up to everyone by making sandwiches for all!
Winchester Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='KnightofChrist' date='19 July 2010 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1279592218' post='2145260'] I'm sorry I'll make it all up to everyone by making sandwiches for all! [/quote] [url="http://www.amazon.com/Jessie-Steele-Josephine-Polka-Apron/dp/B0025VK8K4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1279592282&sr=8-3"]For you.[/url]
HisChildForever Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Slappo' date='19 July 2010 - 10:11 PM' timestamp='1279591903' post='2145246'] Look at the position that I come from. I'm sitting at home not cooking dinner, and here you say it would be worrying and bothersome for the spouse still at work to have to come home and prepare dinner. Makes it sound like I'm a bad or uncaring husband for not cooking. [/quote] I do not believe I used the words "worrying" or "bothersome". I thought I explained myself clearly when I stated that I was [s]confused[/s] curious (but confused too), and I was approaching the topic from a practical standpoint. Or what I saw as a practical standpoint. Do I know all the details of your situation, of course not, and it would have been better for you to gently correct me than come out of left field as if I was deliberately trying to hurt your character. I do not know how many times I have to assure you that I meant no offense, but I would appreciate it if you spoke to me a little nicer. Edited July 20, 2010 by HisChildForever
KnightofChrist Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='Winchester' date='19 July 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1279592320' post='2145262'] [url="http://www.amazon.com/Jessie-Steele-Josephine-Polka-Apron/dp/B0025VK8K4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1279592282&sr=8-3"]For you.[/url] [/quote] Does it come in baby boy blue?
HisChildForever Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='dominicansoul' date='19 July 2010 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1279591977' post='2145248'] to add to Lil Red's list: #21 Never ask a woman if she has "child-bearing" hips #22 Never tell a woman that you would have fun making babies with her, unless you two have a very close, intimate friendship and are thinking of marriage... #23 Never talk about the conversations you have with one woman with another woman. Especially when those things were said in confidence and are no one's business. [/quote] #24 Never participate in defamation.
dominicansoul Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='HisChildForever' date='19 July 2010 - 10:22 PM' timestamp='1279592539' post='2145269'] #24 Never participate in defamation. [/quote] it's only defamation if it isn't true
HisChildForever Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 [quote name='dominicansoul' date='19 July 2010 - 10:24 PM' timestamp='1279592687' post='2145273'] it's only defamation if it isn't true [/quote] Like I said.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now