An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Yorkers Are Happy They Are *only*

Lounge Daddy

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='31 July 2010 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1280599478' post='2150295']
Next step will be that you throw away the Constitution, since nobody uses it anyway. ;) There will be pretty talk about "moving beyond a dogmatic set of arbitrary rules" and whatnot. :lol:
[/quote]

Ya, it's kind-of a relic of simpler times. And people like to talk about it, reminisce, etc. But it's not much good, beyond that. *sigh*

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' date='31 July 2010 - 09:10 AM' timestamp='1280578214' post='2150230']
[i]Everything[/i] government does today is against the Constitution. I think there is an argument that can be made about the rather arbitrary nature of government and laws ... but now it has gotten absolutely ridiculous, to the point of being clearly insulting.
[/quote]

[size="3"][b]In existing States a fresh law is looked upon as a remedy for evil.
Instead of themselves altering what is bad, people begin by demanding a
law to alter it. ... In short, a law everywhere and for everything! -Peter Kropotkin[/b][/size]

:saint:

Edited by ThePenciledOne

Lounge Daddy

That's a sweet quote! :cool:

We'll it is easier for government to do all the heavy lifting. That's the soul-killing effect of, for example, taxes. Government does your charity for you; which leads to selfishness. And we also end up with a government who tells us that it will shield us from everything from secondhand smoke to delivering a baby.

Makes us pretty spoiled.

And I like the warning from Ronald Reagan: A government with the power to give you anything, can also take away everything.

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' date='30 July 2010 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1280539418' post='2150071']
New Yorkers are happy they are *only* being stopped and frisked at random by police [url="http://www.datelinezero.com/?p=1573"]http://goo.gl/ZSz4[/url]

A "stop and frisk" program has been put into place in NY. Police were stopping people at random, searching them and questioning them at any time, and anywhere, and w/out warrant. Also, all information was being entered and collected in a huge database -- guilty of a crime or not.

After people became upset, the government stopped collecting personal information in the database. So now people in NY are saying that they are happy that they are "only" being stopped, questioned, searched, without warrant by police.

See how this works? Score one for the tyrants.
[/quote]
:twitch: why are people so stupid???? :rolleyes: