An Old School Catholic Message Board

Other Religious On Phatmass?

Sister Andrew

Sister Andrew

wow! it's great to meet all of you. Many congratulations to the newly perpetually professed Sr. Rose Therese and to Adam as he begins his novitiate!
prayers for all!
Sr. Andrew

Sister Rose Therese

Thanks. :)
I think there are some more.
I think Sister Mary Michael from the Pan Handle Franciscans pops on sometimes. And perhaps Sister Colleen from the Salesians.

Edited by Sister Rose Therese

laetitia crucis

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1282179678' post='2159827']
This is a bit off topic, but I love the "religious" tags. :)
[/quote]

Agreed! :yes:

I hope one day to come back with one. [img]http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/laetitia_crucis/Random/nunemoticon.gif[/img]

IrishSalesian

[quote name='Sister Rose Therese' timestamp='1282179202' post='2159821']
Thanks. :)
I think there are some more.
I think Sister Mary Michael from the Pan Handle Franciscans pops on sometimes. And perhaps Sister Colleen from the Salesians.
[/quote]

I love Sr. Colleen! She is amazing! Wonderful charisma and just an all round great person!

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Andrew' timestamp='1281812190' post='2157320']
Hello All!
I know I've seen some other Religious posting here on the phorum but I thought it would be nice to see how many are actually on here. I know my Screen Name doesn't say "Sister" (I wish I could change that!) But I'm Sr. Andrew and I'm a junior professed sister. I made first profession in 2009 so I'm pretty "new" :rolleyes:

It will be nice to "meet" all of you!
peace,
Sr. Andrew
[/quote]

This is off-topic, but my understanding is that dUSt (the top guy around here) might agree to change a user's screen name on request if there is a good reason. I have no idea if adding "Sister" or "Sr" to your user name constitutes a good reason, but it's certainly worth a try. If you're interested, try sending a personal message (PM) to dUSt, and see what he says. Good luck!

Personally, I like it when members of religious communities have Sister in their screen name. It instantly tells me something important about them, and I won't make a fool of myself if I forget to look at their profile, and so accidently say something dumb in response to a post they might make. Also, for many questions we have on Vocation Station about the religious life, we LOVE hearing from an Sister currently in religious life, rather than guessing. (Although we do have a number of posters on PM who were in religious life in the past, it's not the same as hearing from someone currently in religious life.)

BTW, if there are ever questions posted about religious life that you don't feel comfortable answering, virtually all posts with questions are general, so you should never feel that you personally are expected to reply. But, since many VS posters are actively discerning, or are entering religious life soon, we're always interested in the perspective of a Sister currently in religious life.

We're VERY glad you joined us!

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

OnlySunshine

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1282180169' post='2159830']

I hope one day to come back with one. [img]http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/laetitia_crucis/Random/nunemoticon.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Oooooo!

That would be awesome! :woot:

[/quote]

I'll be praying for this to happen [size=2][img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/twothumbsup.gif[/img][/size]
[size=2]Many blessings on you and your beautiful desire, [/size][size=2][img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/pray.gif[/img][/size]
[size=2]Orans[/size]

IgnatiusofLoyola

[/quote]

I guess it probably would defeat the purpose if we picketed the Priory until the Prioress(?) gave you access to Phatmass. We'll have to come up with some other idea. :scratchhead: I don't want you (or us!) to have to wait three years (or longer) before you can post on Phatmass! <pout>

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1282231278' post='2160025']
you can put your religious order on your profile now.
[/quote]
on what screen? I cannot find it

Sister Andrew

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1282183884' post='2159844']
This is off-topic, but my understanding is that dUSt (the top guy around here) might agree to change a user's screen name on request if there is a good reason. I have no idea if adding "Sister" or "Sr" to your user name constitutes a good reason, but it's certainly worth a try. If you're interested, try sending a personal message (PM) to dUSt, and see what he says. Good luck!

Personally, I like it when members of religious communities have Sister in their screen name. It instantly tells me something important about them, and I won't make a fool of myself if I forget to look at their profile, and so accidently say something dumb in response to a post they might make. Also, for many questions we have on Vocation Station about the religious life, we LOVE hearing from an Sister currently in religious life, rather than guessing. (Although we do have a number of posters on PM who were in religious life in the past, it's not the same as hearing from someone currently in religious life.)

BTW, if there are ever questions posted about religious life that you don't feel comfortable answering, virtually all posts with questions are general, so you should never feel that you personally are expected to reply. But, since many VS posters are actively discerning, or are entering religious life soon, we're always interested in the perspective of a Sister currently in religious life.

We're VERY glad you joined us!
[/quote]

Thank you for such a warm welcome! I'll check with dUSt and see if it can be changed. This phorum is great and it's great to meet so many people excited about their faith and the religious life!
prayers for you!

philosophette

I am a Salesian novice and called Sister now. :)
Sister B

Edited by philosobrat