MissScripture Posted September 14, 2010 Posted September 14, 2010 [quote name='Micah' timestamp='1284470954' post='2172997'] Once enrolled always enrolled. After the initial enrollment and blessing, you can wear new ones without a prob. Edit: forgot, this is only for the cloth scapular. [/quote] But I don't remember for sure if I WAS enrolled...
OnlySunshine Posted September 20, 2010 Posted September 20, 2010 I used to wear one for a short time until the wool started to irritate my skin and I broke out in a rash. I think I'm allergic to it. I tried to wear the scapular medal, but I'm not into jewelry or anything of the sort, so I don't wear anything right now.
Nunsense Posted September 20, 2010 Posted September 20, 2010 [quote name='Hilde' timestamp='1282850541' post='2163621'] What's it all about? How do you use it?Will I turn Carmelite? [/quote] If you wear the brown one you will.
Micah Posted September 21, 2010 Posted September 21, 2010 ive taken my scapular off for now until I can observe the daily requirements for investiture. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/priest.gif[/img]
let_go_let_God Posted September 21, 2010 Posted September 21, 2010 Right now I am looking into getting a Red Scapular. God bless- LGLG
OnlySunshine Posted September 21, 2010 Posted September 21, 2010 Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a White Dominican Scapular for laity? I've been trying to find one with no luck.
Maximilianus Posted September 22, 2010 Posted September 22, 2010 (edited) [size="2"]There is a St. Dominic scapular butI haven't been able to find one either.[/size] Edited September 22, 2010 by Maximilianus
OnlySunshine Posted September 22, 2010 Posted September 22, 2010 [quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1285137414' post='2175246'] [size="2"]There is a St. Dominic scapular butI haven't been able to find one either.[/size] [/quote] It's weird. I have looked on every website that has scapulars that I can find, and not one of them has a Dominican scapular. Brown scapulars and green scapulars, but no Dominican! About the closest thing I can find is a White Trinity scapular.
OnlySunshine Posted September 22, 2010 Posted September 22, 2010 [quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1285013409' post='2174914'] I used to wear one for a short time until the wool started to irritate my skin and I broke out in a rash. I think I'm allergic to it. I tried to wear the scapular medal, but I'm not into jewelry or anything of the sort, so I don't wear anything right now. [/quote] You know, funnily enough, I was doing some research on the brown scapular to find out more about it and I discovered that the scapular that I was wearing at first was not wool but felt! No wonder it made me itch. I found out that one of the scapulars I received during a "Come and See" visit from some nuns is a 100% wool scapular and is comfortable to wear (so far). So I hope that I am able to wear the scapular for good now.
YMNolan Posted September 22, 2010 Posted September 22, 2010 I've been wearing one every day, all day for years. I don't believe I was ever investured (now that doesn't sound right) aside from having a priest bless it. Anyway, I love Our Lady and I really don't feel called to stop wearing it.
OnlySunshine Posted September 22, 2010 Posted September 22, 2010 [quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1285141478' post='2175249'] You know, funnily enough, I was doing some research on the brown scapular to find out more about it and I discovered that the scapular that I was wearing at first was not wool but felt! No wonder it made me itch. I found out that one of the scapulars I received during a "Come and See" visit from some nuns is a 100% wool scapular and is comfortable to wear (so far). So I hope that I am able to wear the scapular for good now. [/quote] Well, the wool scapular didn't last either. I wore it all last night and had to take it off this morning because my skin started itching badly. I don't know what I'm going to do.
laetitia crucis Posted September 23, 2010 Posted September 23, 2010 [quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1285026144' post='2174953'] [quote name='Hilde' timestamp='1282850541' post='2163621'] What's it all about? How do you use it? Will I turn Carmelite? [/quote] If you wear the brown one you will. [/quote] I've been wearing one for the past six years. Guess Juanito isn't working hard enough to get me into Carmel. AAAHAHAHAHAA! St. Dominic claims VIIIIIIIIIIIIICTORY!!!! [quote name='let_go_let_God' timestamp='1285112077' post='2175176'] Right now I am looking into getting a Red Scapular. God bless- LGLG [/quote] Have you ever seen those "Five-Fold" scapulars? Like this: [img]http://www.ihomm.org/images/fivefold.gif[/img] [img]http://www.ihomm.org/images/all5.gif[/img] [img]http://www.ihomm.org/images/fivefold2.gif[/img] One of my friends wore one of these in university. I thought it was pretty cool. Aaand I want one. Haha! Here's what it contains: [font="arial"][size="3"]The Five-Folds :[/size][/font][list][*][font="arial"][size="3"]Outer - the red or the "Passion Scapular"[/size][/font][*][font="arial"][size="3"]Back - the white, or "Blessed Trinity"[/size][/font][*][font="arial"][size="3"]Between/Middle - the brown, or "Our Lady of Mount Carmel"[/size][/font][*][font="arial"][size="3"]The black - or "Our Lady of Sorrows"[/size][/font][*][font="arial"][size="3"]The blue - or "The Immaculate Virgin Mary"[/size][/font][/list] And here's the website I found it on: [url="http://www.ihomm.org/five.html"]http://www.ihomm.org/five.html[/url] Plus, the site also includes the "Blessing and Investiture" prayers. Seems legit. The last time I saw one, it was a little pricey for me. (About $20, but that was at the Nat'l Shrine of the Immaculate Conception...so, maybe I can find it cheaper around here. )
Micah Posted September 23, 2010 Posted September 23, 2010 [quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1285260555' post='2175475'] I've been wearing one for the past six years. Guess Juanito isn't working hard enough to get me into Carmel. AAAHAHAHAHAA! St. Dominic claims VIIIIIIIIIIIIICTORY!!!! Have you ever seen those "Five-Fold" scapulars? Like this: [img]http://www.ihomm.org/images/fivefold.gif[/img] [img]http://www.ihomm.org/images/all5.gif[/img] [img]http://www.ihomm.org/images/fivefold2.gif[/img] One of my friends wore one of these in university. I thought it was pretty cool. Aaand I want one. Haha! Here's what it contains: [font="arial"][size="3"]The Five-Folds :[/size][/font][list][*][font="arial"][size="3"]Outer - the red or the "Passion Scapular"[/size][/font][*][font="arial"][size="3"]Back - the white, or "Blessed Trinity"[/size][/font][*][font="arial"][size="3"]Between/Middle - the brown, or "Our Lady of Mount Carmel"[/size][/font][*][font="arial"][size="3"]The black - or "Our Lady of Sorrows"[/size][/font][*][font="arial"][size="3"]The blue - or "The Immaculate Virgin Mary"[/size][/font][/list] And here's the website I found it on: [url="http://www.ihomm.org/five.html"]http://www.ihomm.org/five.html[/url] Plus, the site also includes the "Blessing and Investiture" prayers. Seems legit. The last time I saw one, it was a little pricey for me. (About $20, but that was at the Nat'l Shrine of the Immaculate Conception...so, maybe I can find it cheaper around here. ) [/quote] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif[/img] that is epic...
Nunsense Posted September 23, 2010 Posted September 23, 2010 (edited) [quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1285260555' post='2175475'] I've been wearing one for the past six years. Guess Juanito isn't working hard enough to get me into Carmel. AAAHAHAHAHAA! St. Dominic claims VIIIIIIIIIIIIICTORY!!!! [/quote] Actually LC, I think that San Juan laid and Teresa off you because you DO seem to have an intensely stubborn affinity for the Dominicans. And Thomas is a pretty neat guy too. It just didn't seem right to mess with that. Edited September 23, 2010 by nunsense
vee Posted September 23, 2010 Posted September 23, 2010 [quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1285260555' post='2175475'] I've been wearing one for the past six years. Guess Juanito isn't working hard enough to get me into Carmel. AAAHAHAHAHAA! St. Dominic claims VIIIIIIIIIIIIICTORY!!!! [/quote] Juanito knows you need to preaaaaach! Especially about him
Studiumecclesiae Posted October 14, 2010 Posted October 14, 2010 My scapular is much simpler than that, just black... but I love those you show, laetitia crucis! I want one as well!!! I've been wearing for a couple of months now. I feel safer.
bmb144 Posted October 16, 2010 Posted October 16, 2010 This is really very interesting as mine is for St Michael the Archangel but has a St Benedict medal attached to the cord also. Looks like I have an uncommon one.
Tally Marx Posted November 6, 2010 Posted November 6, 2010 I've never been "investured". I honestly had no idea you had to be. But I have been wearing the brown scapular for more years than I care to count. Once, I had a scapular with a picture of Padre Pio on one side! I don't think it was a special type of scapular, just a regular brown wool one that happened to have a picture on it (I heard it was alright to have a picture on one side provided there's still the cross on the other). Anyway, it was really pretty.
HollyWilliams Posted November 10, 2010 Posted November 10, 2010 I do wear a Scapular! I wear the Brown Scapular Medal! I can't wear the cloth one because it irritates my skin too much.
Chiquitunga Posted December 18, 2010 Posted December 18, 2010 This is an old thread but I've been searching for different types of brown scapulars as I want to give everyone in my family one for Christmas, and my brother has a hard time wearing one .. [quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1285196795' post='2175360'] Well, the wool scapular didn't last either. I wore it all last night and had to take it off this morning because my skin started itching badly. I don't know what I'm going to do. [/quote] Mater, did you find anything? There are also these wood laminate ones with the wool inside, [url="http://www.totallycatholic.com/sacramentals.htm"]http://www.totallyca...acramentals.htm[/url] which are made so you can wear them all the time, like in the shower, which is the only time I will ever take mine off (or swimming, though I haven't for years)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now