An Old School Catholic Message Board

California Pre-Schoolers To Be Tagged And Monitored

Lounge Daddy

Lounge Daddy

Boy, [url="http://www.datelinezero.com/?p=2665"]this police state stuff will make it so much easier for the government school system[/url].
[quote]Within days of a court ruling in California announcing government has a ‘right’ to track you virtually anywhere you go, news broke of a California school that will be tracking its students.
California officials are outfitting preschoolers in Contra Costa County with tracking devices they say will save staff time and money.

The system was introduced Tuesday. When at the school, students will wear a jersey that has a small radio frequency tag. The tag will send signals to sensors that help track children’s whereabouts, attendance and even whether they’ve eaten or not.

School officials say it will free up teachers and administrators who previously had to note on paper files when a child was absent or had eaten.

Sung Kim of the county’s employment and human services department said the system could save thousands of hours of staff time and pay for itself within a year.

It cost $50,000 and was paid by a federal grant.[/quote]

Funny thing, that this is paid for by the Federal State. I'll bet that's what is saving the money. Washington offered the program, and it'll be tested and then rolled out elsewhere.

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' timestamp='1283055978' post='2164823']
Boy, [url="http://www.datelinezero.com/?p=2665"]this police state stuff will make it so much easier for the government school system[/url].

Funny thing, that this is paid for by the Federal State. I'll bet that's what is saving the money. Washington offered the program, and it'll be tested and then rolled out elsewhere.
[/quote]

But Lounge, it's strictly [i]voluntary. [/i]If it's voluntary, it can't be bad, right? Thank goodness [i]someone[/i] is looking out for the well-being of the children. Scratch that: the well-being of [i]our[/i] children.

And besides, if they're not tagged, how are we going to learn about their migration and feeding habits? The data we gain by using these tags will be invaluable in protecting these creatures from all sorts of future threats to their well-being. You have to keep an eye out for tomorrow, you know what I mean?

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1283061529' post='2164866']
They should use those ear clips that they use to track bears.
[/quote]

I could never get used to that thing.

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Sternhauser' timestamp='1283059135' post='2164854']
... Thank goodness [i]someone[/i] is looking out for the well-being of the children. Scratch that: the well-being of [i]our[/i] children.
[/quote]

The State is the primary care-giver, after all.

Seems like I recall that being stated in one of the home schooling rulings a few years back, when the government tried to stomp out homeschooling. The State is the primary educator and caregiver, and not the parent.

HisChildForever

[/quote]

[quote name='Paddington' timestamp='1283089215' post='2164911']
I could never get used to that thing.
[/quote]

ROFL.

SaintOfVirtue

[/quote]

:lol4:

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' timestamp='1283092033' post='2164931']
Good ol Big Brother watchin' out!
[/quote]

Funny, though, how the government freaks out when Little Brother watches back. They've even invoked anti-wiretapping laws to protect [i]themselves[/i].

This should make for an interesting legal argument. The argument is probably not this simple, but either they uphold a right to privacy and strike down wiretapping laws like this one, or they don't recognize a right to privacy and put the legality of laws based on privacy into question, like say, abortion.

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' timestamp='1283100850' post='2164971']
Funny, though, how the government freaks out when Little Brother watches back. They've even invoked anti-wiretapping laws to protect [i]themselves[/i].
[/quote]

Both Brothers need to be put into time out...:like:

Courts have ruled that mere [i]mundanes[/i] "do not have any reasonable expectation of privacy in public," so [i]mundanes[/i] can be photographed, filmed and recorded. But not "our public servants!" Not Statetroopers! I am in love with double standards. And how the agents of the State always looks out for their own interests, never the interests of those for whose sake they allegedly work.

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

And there in lies the problem "Courts have ruled"

Courts are to uphold laws, not create them.

While the 1st & 4th amendments in addition to the 5th, which states, does not give any right to the government to do any such thing:

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

As you can see we are allowing our elected officials, who are temporary holders of their positions, to undo what has been established.

The absolute stretch here is that the government is not allowed to what they are doing and by those wiling to allow this to happen, will set a mark that will eventually make this enforceable.

[quote name='Sternhauser' timestamp='1283113209' post='2165049']
Courts have ruled that mere [i]mundanes[/i] "do not have any reasonable expectation of privacy in public," so [i]mundanes[/i] can be photographed, filmed and recorded. But not "our public servants!" Not Statetroopers! I am in love with double standards. And how the agents of the State always looks out for their own interests, never the interests of those for whose sake they allegedly work.

~Sternhauser
[/quote]