An Old School Catholic Message Board

California Pre-Schoolers To Be Tagged And Monitored

Lounge Daddy

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1283061529' post='2164866']
They should use those ear clips that they use to track bears.
[/quote]

LOL, I was thinking the same thing when I read the title of this thread! rotfl

[quote name='StMichael' timestamp='1283115517' post='2165056']
And there in lies the problem "Courts have ruled"

Courts are to uphold laws, not create them.

While the 1st & 4th amendments in addition to the 5th, which states, does not give any right to the government to do any such thing:

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

As you can see we are allowing our elected officials, who are temporary holders of their positions, to undo what has been established.

The absolute stretch here is that the government is not allowed to what they are doing and by those wiling to allow this to happen, will set a mark that will eventually make this enforceable.

[/quote]

The Founding Fathers made it very clear the Federal State only had "powers," not rights. The Bill of Rights wasn't intended to restrain the mini-States. Only the Federal State. Cf. the First Amendment: "[i]Congress[/i] shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion . . ." also, 9th and 10th Amendments. The mini-State legislatures were able to able to do anything that they were not proscribed from doing.

They do whatever they want because they [i]can[/i], not because any document written by long-dead men tells them what they can do.

~Sternhauser

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Sternhauser' timestamp='1283113209' post='2165049']
Courts have ruled that mere [i]mundanes[/i] "do not have any reasonable expectation of privacy in public," so [i]mundanes[/i] can be photographed, filmed and recorded. But not "our public servants!" Not Statetroopers! I am in love with double standards. And how the agents of the State always looks out for their own interests, never the interests of those for whose sake they allegedly work.

~Sternhauser
[/quote]
Actually that is not true:
http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf

SaintOfVirtue

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' timestamp='1283107330' post='2165023']
Both Brothers need to be put into time out...:like:
[/quote]

No, just the big one.

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='SaintOfVirtue' timestamp='1283132287' post='2165189']
No, just the big one.
[/quote]

You don't live in VA do you then?

If you did then, you'd agree with me.

:saint:

Actually, that is simply not true.

The Bill of Rights is a list of negative rights. The Federal government can do nothing that states does not give it power to do.

Congress is the law making body, but they have ceded their power to the judiciary.

So, no, things like Social Security, Medicare, etc. are all unconstitutional.

As is the Dept of Education, Dept of Energy, etc.

It is the States that can do "whatever" they want, if the people allow, not the Federal government.

[quote name='Sternhauser' timestamp='1283123588' post='2165122']
The Founding Fathers made it very clear the Federal State only had "powers," not rights. The Bill of Rights wasn't intended to restrain the mini-States. Only the Federal State. Cf. the First Amendment: "[i]Congress[/i] shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion . . ." also, 9th and 10th Amendments. The mini-State legislatures were able to able to do anything that they were not proscribed from doing.

They do whatever they want because they [i]can[/i], not because any document written by long-dead men tells them what they can do.

~Sternhauser
[/quote]

This is why we need people in government that truly believe in the fundamental freedoms that are granted to us by God... those who believed like Reagan. Less government = more freedom. Facts & freedom = Catholic Thought... unless they're crazy of course ;)

We have the most corrupt government in the History of the United States. To keep our freedoms, we must remove these commies in office.

God Bless,
max

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1283129637' post='2165168']
Actually that is not true:
[url="http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf"]http://www.krages.co...aphersRight.pdf[/url]
[/quote]

CMother,

Of course it's not true according to some words on a piece of paper. But it happens all the time. Bush also said it's not true that "we" torture. Some words on a piece of paper don't stop the cops from violating your rights. Never have, never will.

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

[quote name='StMichael' timestamp='1283140134' post='2165250']
Actually, that is simply not true.

The Bill of Rights is a list of negative rights. The Federal government can do nothing that states does not give it power to do.

Congress is the law making body, but they have ceded their power to the judiciary.

So, no, things like Social Security, Medicare, etc. are all unconstitutional.

As is the Dept of Education, Dept of Energy, etc.

It is the States that can do "whatever" they want, if the people allow, not the Federal government.

[/quote]

StMichael, I think you completely misread what I wrote, because those are [i]precisely[/i] the points I made: "The mini-State legislatures were able to able to do anything that they were not proscribed from doing." "The Bill of Rights wasn't intended to restrain the mini-States." "The Founding Fathers made it very clear the Federal State only had 'powers,' not rights." I said the States, Federal or otherwise, DO whatever they want because they CAN, not because it is [i]"[/i]Constitutional[i]." [/i]

What do you claim is not true about what I said?

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

Semper Catholic

I believe that sound you're hearing is thousands of overstressed California Mom's enjoying breakfast for the first time in years.