Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

What They Really Want To Build At Ground Zero


Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' timestamp='1284266660' post='2172160']
Really? Did Jesus Christ encourage His followers to spread His message through conquest?
[/quote]

Hi, HCH. No, he didn't. :amen:

My questions and doubts about "truth" are not about the history of Islamic conquests. I think they're just more about general things that relate to my own life, and the modern "habitat" around me.

For example: wealth, power, and fitness, and then "suckers." Who's the sucker in the whole human story unfolding? I don't really know. If the Christian story of life after death is wholly (not just partly) true then I guess everyone outside the Church that gives baptisms are more or less suckers to varying degrees.

But what about evolution and natural selection, adaptation, diversity, and the fitness of individual organisms within a population, not just the differential of fitness between species? In other words, if I can get away with it, why shouldn't I seek self interest in greed, homicide, and sex with multitudes of women?

On the other hand, something deep down in me intuitively understands the factual presence and difference between good and evil.

But then why do I still continue to pray to Jesus, the holy Mother, and St. Bernadette among others? I'm not sure I have a satisfactory answer for that.




[b]That's all off topic, but I just wanted to clarify what I meant. (I find it inspiring that you are an attractive young lady so faithful to the Church :))[/b]

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Chi Zhuzi' timestamp='1284313174' post='2172285']
(I find it inspiring that you are an attractive young lady so faithful to the Church :))[/quote]

Would I be the recipient of such praise if you did not find me attractive, or if I was not a young lady?

Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' timestamp='1284308338' post='2172259']
But we hear and read about numerous atrocities committed in the name of Islam all the time. One does not have to live in an Islamic country to know and understand what is going on. In any event, no, it is not "fine" for a devout Catholic woman to "speak glowingly" of Islam (or any other religion*) because Islam rejects Jesus Christ and the Trinity. There is nothing beautiful about that.

*I believe that Islam is more than a religion but it is not necessary to get into that here.
[/quote]
Really unless you have your head in the sand or live under a rock it's impossible to not know about the oppression that goes on in Islamic nation.

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Johnny' timestamp='1284324989' post='2172356']
Really unless you have your head in the sand or live under a rock it's impossible to not know about the oppression that goes on in Islamic nation.
[/quote]

Yes, that is what I said. Just with different words.

Posted

[quote name='Chi Zhuzi' timestamp='1284313174' post='2172285']
[b]That's all off topic, but I just wanted to clarify what I meant. (I find it inspiring that you are an attractive young lady so faithful to the Church :))[/b]
[/quote]
That's not creepy. Not creepy at all.

Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' timestamp='1284323746' post='2172345']
Would I be the recipient of such praise if you did not find me attractive, or if I was not a young lady?
[/quote]


:lol4:Well... it helps, dear. I like pretty looking things. I'm not the Pope. :pope3: Not yet anyways.

Posted

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1284326863' post='2172367']
That's not creepy. Not creepy at all.
[/quote]

Winchester, that's not your [i]real life[/i] "About Me" in your profile is it? :blink:

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Chi Zhuzi' timestamp='1284331754' post='2172391']
:lol4:Well... it helps, dear. I like pretty looking things. I'm not the Pope. :pope3: Not yet anyways.
[/quote]

Hi. I am the resident feminist of Phatmass. And you are?

Posted

[quote name='Chi Zhuzi' timestamp='1284331887' post='2172393']
Winchester, that's not your [i]real life[/i] "About Me" in your profile is it? :blink:
[/quote]

In a way. <cough>

~Sternhauser

Posted

[quote name='Chi Zhuzi' timestamp='1284331754' post='2172391']
I like pretty looking things.
[/quote]

Me too. Especially when they are female humans. :like:

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Paddington' timestamp='1284333348' post='2172401']
Me too. Especially when they are female humans. :like:
[/quote]

I know, right? It warms the heart to be called a "thing".

Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' timestamp='1284333503' post='2172408']
I know, right? It warms the heart to be called a "thing".
[/quote]

:lol:

I'm sure he meant well. Kinda.

Posted

At least he didn't make a pass and post a picture of himself half naked.

Posted

[quote name='Chi Zhuzi' timestamp='1284331754' post='2172391']
:lol4:Well... it helps, dear. I like pretty looking things. I'm not the Pope. :pope3: Not yet anyways.
[/quote]
:tomato: :owned: Not helping yourself....LOL.

KnightofChrist
Posted

[quote name='Chi Zhuzi' timestamp='1284331754' post='2172391']
:lol4:Well... it helps, dear. I like pretty looking things.[/quote]


Pointing such things out like that over the internet to women you don't know, is likened to the man who yells and honks his horn at a lady he doesn't know.
Nothing can be gained from either, it only shows that such a man has no idea what-so-ever how to speak as a gentlemen, or how to speak to women. And that it is his last desperate attempt, having exhausted all other failed attempts.


[quote name='Chi Zhuzi' timestamp='1284331754' post='2172391']
I'm not the Pope.
[/quote]

DEO GRATIAS!

Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' timestamp='1284332147' post='2172394']
Hi. I am the resident feminist of Phatmass. And you are?
[/quote]

:) I'm just another object, according to the field of symbolic logic at least, I only meant what I said being "light hearted," HCF. I really see no reason for people to take themselves so serious. Would you prefer I addressed you as Jesus to the woman at the well, and called you, "Woman"? Or like he addressed his mother on the cross, "Woman, this is your son..."

You are free to take offense if you want. Frankly, I find that something rather trivial to get upset over, especially as I wasn't intentionally being offensive.

KnightofChrist
Posted

[quote name='Chi Zhuzi' timestamp='1284345770' post='2172493']
:) I'm just another object, according to the field of symbolic logic at least, I only meant what I said being "light hearted," HCF. I really see no reason for people to take themselves so serious. Would you prefer I addressed you as Jesus to the woman at the well, and called you, "Woman"? Or like he addressed his mother on the cross, "Woman, this is your son..."

You are free to take offense if you want. Frankly, I find that something rather trivial to get upset over, especially as I wasn't intentionally being offensive.
[/quote]

How about simply HCF, or simply address the actually topic.

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Chi Zhuzi' timestamp='1284345770' post='2172493']
Would you prefer I addressed you as Jesus to the woman at the well, and called you, "Woman"? Or like he addressed his mother on the cross, "Woman, this is your son..."
[/quote]

You could always not address me at all.

Posted

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1284341084' post='2172463']
Pointing such things out like that over the internet to women you don't know, is likened to the man who yells and honks his horn at a lady he doesn't know.
Nothing can be gained from either, it only shows that such a man has no idea what-so-ever how to speak as a gentlemen, or how to speak to women. And that it is his last desperate attempt, having exhausted all other failed attempts.[/quote]

Knight, I'm not a gentleman and never claimed to be one. I also don't live around "ladies." I live in 21st century Milwaukee and not 19th century England. Now, I realize the internet often arouses people to become "knights" and speak like they come from an era in the Middle Ages. But trust, I've been through New York City, Chicago, Las Vegas and numerous other U.S. cities. I've never met a single soul that speaks like you in real life, in my life. :rolleyes:

You can be offended too. That is you're right. Trust I won't waste any sleep over it. And I won't be expecting you to gallop up on your horse with sword in hand, the great "Knight of Christ." Other than being a Jesuit, have you ever lived the life of a knight, Templar, or man-at-arms fighting in Europe or the Middle East? No? Will forgive me if I don't take you too serious. Just call me Jarhead. Semper. (or sexy "thang" if it makes you feel better)

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Chi Zhuzi' timestamp='1284347009' post='2172503']
Knight, I'm not a gentleman and never claimed to be one. I also don't live around "ladies." I live in 21st century Milwaukee and not 19th century England. Now, I realize the internet often arouses people to become "knights" and speak like they come from an era in the Middle Ages. But trust, I've been through New York City, Chicago, Las Vegas and numerous other U.S. cities. I've never met a single soul that speaks like you in real life, in my life. :rolleyes:

You can be offended too. That is you're right. Trust I won't waste any sleep over it. And I won't be expecting you to gallop up on your horse with sword in hand, the great "Knight of Christ." Other than being a Jesuit, have you ever lived the life of a knight, Templar, or man-at-arms fighting in Europe or the Middle East? No? Will forgive me if I don't take you too serious. Just call me Jarhead. Semper. (or sexy "thang" if it makes you feel better)
[/quote]

Some guys just don't take rejection well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...