An Old School Catholic Message Board

Democrats, Obama, Quran Burning, And The Brooklyn Museum

Chi Zhuzi

Hope I can make this post very short, sweet, and to the point.

The military philosopher - which the Western world follows like a bible - is Clausewitz. If I remember correctly he was a Prussian military officer. At any rate, according to Clausewitz, tactics are subordinate to strategy, and strategy seeks to either overthrow the status quo or force the status quo to bend towards your demands.

Being cognizant of that; Obama, Hillary Clinton, and other people of the liberal persuasion (I regard myself as ore liberal or "radical" than conservative by the way) have essentially justified (proved merit of) the [i]tactic [/i]of intimidation coming from the Islamic world, if I can take the liberty to generalize "that world" in monolithic terms. Therefore, with intimidation or suicide bombings as a tactic, the strategy to curtail "freedom of speech," or even the Democrats hallowed principle of "separation of church and state," proves very effective.

I remember when Hillary Clinton spoke in support of the Brooklyn Museum blaspheming the most venerated iconic saint, and human person (Jesus was a human being but divine person, hence two natures) invoking the sacredness of "freedom of speech" to roaring New York crowds in the hundreds if not thousands. To purposefully offend the Catholic religion and devote Catholics (not luke warm) brings out patriotic - or so-called patriots but I would argue they betray their Catholic countrymen and women - in the millions in one form or another.

The United States Constitution supposedly guards against placing one religion above another. Essentially this is what Democrats do. That party's politicians use their influence to protect Islam from being disrespected, while using their influence to encourage the continued disrespect of the Virgin Mary, Christ on crucifix, and the Catholic faith and Catholic clergy and people.

I suggest a non-violent method of countering this: Catholic Democrats threatening to leave the Democratic party, if not doing so altogether. Writing our Congressional representatives. And even publicly threatening to cease providing military service (by signing up with recruiters) to the United States. I'm a former Marine, like many other Marines, my dog tags said: Roman Catholic.

I voted for Obama and I have only (regrettably) voted for one Republican in my life. As of now, I will no longer support any Democrat with my vote, that includes Obama. The Republicans can get the support of my vote from now on - or no one at all.

Addendum to my original post.

Hillary Clinton regarding the Brooklyn Museum: [url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/459846.stm"]My link[/url]

[quote name='Chi Zhuzi' timestamp='1284226869' post='2171894']
Addendum to my original post.

Hillary Clinton regarding the Brooklyn Museum: [url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/459846.stm"]My link[/url]
[/quote]

Sorry, I couldn't add all the links at once, and I hoped to edit the post above, but I've seen no edit option, so, I have to quote myself.

This is the so-called "Piss Christ," with the info about it provided by Wikipedia. It was U.S. Government funded, and a award winning, art piece that is blasphemous against Christ, and directed at Catholics (due to the crucifix). This reality is something American and world Catholics ought know and acknowledge exists: with the help of our silence and complicity in giving the Democrats our votes as they scourge and mock Christ, confident his followers will cower away, once again from the roar of the mobs: [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ"]My link[/url]

It is certainly true that by responding to terrorist tactics, we legitimize them as an effective way to gain one's objectives (the strategy you mentioned). The US should really think about that.... It used to be we never negotiated with terrorists or kidnappers.

I've never had any desire to burn books in general, let alone the Koran in particular. I think it was a dumb idea. But I do see larger implications to this argument. It's okay to disrespect/humiliate/enrage someone if they won't respond violently? So...if you want to be taken seriously, you [i]should[/i] make yourself appear dangerous by fighting back? That's not a mindset any of us should want to encourage!

The thing is, the global flow of information being what it is, I wouldn't surprised if some radical somewhere says they [i]did[/i] do it anyway, even though they didn't. So...we might wind up with reprisals anyway, just because it was a talking point.

[quote name='Chi Zhuzi' timestamp='1284226669' post='2171892']
Hope I can make this post very short, sweet, and to the point.

The military philosopher - which the Western world follows like a bible - is Clausewitz. If I remember correctly he was a Prussian military officer. At any rate, according to Clausewitz, tactics are subordinate to strategy, and strategy seeks to either overthrow the status quo or force the status quo to bend towards your demands.

Being cognizant of that; Obama, Hillary Clinton, and other people of the liberal persuasion (I regard myself as ore liberal or "radical" than conservative by the way) have essentially justified (proved merit of) the [i]tactic [/i]of intimidation coming from the Islamic world, if I can take the liberty to generalize "that world" in monolithic terms. Therefore, with intimidation or suicide bombings as a tactic, the strategy to curtail "freedom of speech," or even the Democrats hallowed principle of "separation of church and state," proves very effective.

I remember when Hillary Clinton spoke in support of the Brooklyn Museum blaspheming the most venerated iconic saint, and human person (Jesus was a human being but divine person, hence two natures) invoking the sacredness of "freedom of speech" to roaring New York crowds in the hundreds if not thousands. To purposefully offend the Catholic religion and devote Catholics (not luke warm) brings out patriotic - or so-called patriots but I would argue they betray their Catholic countrymen and women - in the millions in one form or another.

The United States Constitution supposedly guards against placing one religion above another. Essentially this is what Democrats do. That party's politicians use their influence to protect Islam from being disrespected, while using their influence to encourage the continued disrespect of the Virgin Mary, Christ on crucifix, and the Catholic faith and Catholic clergy and people.

I suggest a non-violent method of countering this: Catholic Democrats threatening to leave the Democratic party, if not doing so altogether. Writing our Congressional representatives. And even publicly threatening to cease providing military service (by signing up with recruiters) to the United States. I'm a former Marine, like many other Marines, my dog tags said: Roman Catholic.

I voted for Obama and I have only (regrettably) voted for one Republican in my life. As of now, I will no longer support any Democrat with my vote, that includes Obama. The Republicans can get the support of my vote from now on - or no one at all.
[/quote]

You are officially the smartest liberal I know.

[spoiler]However much of an oxymoron that may be :|[/spoiler]

[quote name='SaintOfVirtue' timestamp='1284231731' post='2171933']
You are officially the smartest liberal I know.

[spoiler]However much of an oxymoron that may be :|[/spoiler]
[/quote]

the spoiler wasnt really necessary <_<

you might get lots of props from republicans and catholics sure.
and there's something respectable abotu sticking up for your religion and such.
but it's not like there's a concerted effort by democrats to disrespect catholics, while defending islam. and, it's even mroe the case that it's not the democratic party line to do so, and probably not even done by most democrats. all you're doing is noticing a social convention, something that's acceptable and not 'right'.
do you see the islamic republicans pushing to switch parties cause tehre's a lot of republicans who want to burn the quaran, or dont want them to build the mosque? no that would be a silly reason to leave. it's akin to catholics leaving the catholic church because peodophile priests exist. it doesjn't have anything to do with teh teachings themself etc, doesnt say about thing about whether thye are 'right', etc.
you should find another way to get attanetion to this subject than switching parties.
so in essense... to be blunt. you're just whinning and acting irrationally.

Abortion is the main reason I don't vote democrat. A very close second is the democrat belief that citizens should not be armed. Then there's the strong belief in the nanny state.

I could give a poo about Hillary's offensiveness. Obama was clearly an idiot from the get go, not to mention a tyrant who believes inner city black people don't know how to handle firearms.

in these current times with the current politicians we have, voting democrate/liberal and being catholic can not go together. to much of what democrates/liberals stand for is against the catholic church. your one or the other, not both. they contradict each other to much.

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='havok579257' timestamp='1284248837' post='2172056']
in these current times with the current politicians we have, voting democrate/liberal and being catholic can not go together. to much of what democrates/liberals stand for is against the catholic church. your one or the other, not both. they contradict each other to much.
[/quote]

So, taking good things from both sides and leaving the bad is not allowed?

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' timestamp='1284250853' post='2172074']
So, taking good things from both sides and leaving the bad is not allowed?
[/quote]

if you take things from both sides your not a democrate/liberal. to be a democrate/liberal you take things from only one side. its the same as conservative/republican, to be one you take things from just one side.

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='havok579257' timestamp='1284251648' post='2172080']
if you take things from both sides your not a democrate/liberal. to be a democrate/liberal you take things from only one side. its the same as conservative/republican, to be one you take things from just one side.
[/quote]

You missed my question.

I'll restate it a little bit better.

Can we not just take good things from both? Is there anything wrong with that?

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' timestamp='1284254061' post='2172092']
You missed my question.

I'll restate it a little bit better.

[u]Can we not just take good things from both?[/u] Is there anything wrong with that?
[/quote]

"Yes we can"