An Old School Catholic Message Board

Checking In From The Convent!

morostheos

Hinter dem Horizont

I was not aware of that order of Franciscans until you mentioned it. I looked it up on youtube and found some videos. It is a lovely order. Best wishes on your journey to the religious life! Deo gratias.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't gotten back to you all with some updates for so long - living here has been wonderful so far!

Hmm, where to begin? Prepostulancy has been a good experience thus far - it's fabulous living in community and praying in common. The sisters are very supportive and encouraging and I have certainly stayed busy! I am currently looking for a job near the sisters, but in the meantime I have been helping to take care of their land and do other things around the convent.

Thanksgiving weekend we celebrated Foundation day, which really helped me understand more of the history and the spirit of the order. This coming weekend is also going to be a huge celebration - one sister professes final vows and two more are celebrating their 25th jubilee!

I hope you all are doing very well and always remain in my prayers! :pray: Have a blessed Advent!

Glad to read your update, Morostheos! We don't have any FSE's here in the midwest, but years ago I remember seeing a few of them at a conference at Kenrick Glennon Seminary. Very intelligent, happy people, from what I recall. Hope you continue to enjoy your prepostulancy--God bless!

[quote name='stlmom' timestamp='1291675841' post='2191314']
Glad to read your update, Morostheos! We don't have any FSE's here in the midwest, but years ago I remember seeing a few of them at a conference at Kenrick Glennon Seminary. Very intelligent, happy people, from what I recall. Hope you continue to enjoy your prepostulancy--God bless!
[/quote]

all this time I thought she had entered the carmelites of the sacred heart in Los Angeles!

[quote name='DameAgnes' timestamp='1291693114' post='2191356']
all this time I thought she had entered the carmelites of the sacred heart in Los Angeles!
[/quote]

That was melporcristo, also entering as a "candidate" which sounds basically the same as pre-postulancy.

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/nunpray.gif[/img]